League Cup: Man Utd vs Man City Wed 6th Jan 19.45pm ko

Yeah was blatant really looking for it even if there was a slight clash of knees.

Just feels like a game where the goal just isn’t going to come just got to keep plugging away and hope a good chance comes.
This really winds me up. Had the ref been fooled and gave it I would have been nothing more than embarrassed. Its not how I want to be winning games of football.

yeah, it was Super rash - Bailly should have stayed.

I'm not sure he's up to it yet, but I don't think I'd be dropping Lindelof anyway.

Maybe we should give Lindelof and Bailly another go.
I did think Bailly should have stayed in the team regardless who went out but you’re not dropping your captain so Lindelof would be the one to step aside for me.

Maguire and Lindelof are quite passive defenders, whereas Bailly is aggressive into the tackle and a little more pro-active. Granted that can get him and team in a little trouble at times but thought Maguire and Bailly had something to build on. However, like jsp said Bailly could have just been given a breather. But I do think Ole still sees Lindelof and Maguire as the first choice which is wrong.

all three have a bad side, I don't see one as any better than the other, but I think Maguire seems to be the one struggling at the moment.

This really winds me up. Had the ref been fooled and gave it I would have been nothing more than embarrassed. Its not how I want to be winning games of football.

It's the way the game is designed to be played now especially with VAR almost no one is ever booked for simulation anymore.

Martial and other strikers think if I just run at people in the box and get touched I've got a chance of a penalty players have been doing it for a long time now there's lots of "clever" tactics to buy a penalty.

The one yesterday was pure desperation from a player who probably knew he couldn't get the better of his opponent through skill so he tried something else.

I'd hope that had the ref gone to the monitor to review it not only would he have said no penalty but he's have also booked Martial for diving and maybe VAR should be recommending yellow cards when it catches players diving because I don't recall ever seeing a player booked for diving for a penalty.

It's the way the game is designed to be played now especially with VAR almost no one is ever booked for simulation anymore.

Martial and other strikers think if I just run at people in the box and get touched I've got a chance of a penalty players have been doing it for a long time now there's lots of "clever" tactics to buy a penalty.

The one yesterday was pure desperation from a player who probably knew he couldn't get the better of his opponent through skill so he tried something else.

I'd hope that had the ref gone to the monitor to review it not only would he have said no penalty but he's have also booked Martial for diving and maybe VAR should be recommending yellow cards when it catches players diving because I don't recall ever seeing a player booked for diving for a penalty.
Cant remember the game, but it is definitely within the last few, so very recent, when Dan James was booked for going down in the box. It was a very harsh decision as it was a potential penalty. The game is doing my head in these days with all this inconsistency and lack of understanding of the rules, keeping the flag down for clear off sides. Whoever is making these rules need sacking.
Regarding Martial last night. Blatant cheating, there is no other way to describe it.

There was also a game, where someone stayed on their feet, and didn't get a definite penalty. All MoTD pundits said he should have gone down.

Cant remember the game, but it is definitely within the last few, so very recent, when Dan James was booked for going down in the box. It was a very harsh decision as it was a potential penalty. The game is doing my head in these days with all this inconsistency and lack of understanding of the rules, keeping the flag down for clear off sides. Whoever is making these rules need sacking.
Regarding Martial last night. Blatant cheating, there is no other way to describe it.

It was against Leeds he was running flat out knocked it past the defender who basically gave him a clothesline that Hulk Hogan or if you prefer your British wrestlers Big Daddy would have been proud of. It was a shocking call but luckily it didn't matter.

VAR has resulted in a lot of rule changes the handball law was changed to try and make it less subjective and the offside idea is allow the game to play on see if a goal is scored then check it if you aren't 100% sure. Does my head in too I really do think VAR is making football worse to watch even if we're getting decisions correct it's spoiling the flow of a game.

What Martial did was shocking but he's gambling on a defender tricking him when the defender (who did clip him) doesn't attempt the tackle he looks like a right idiot.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back