Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Sunday, 26th February 2017
League Cup Final
Wembley
16:30 GMT

What team will we see if Mkhitaryan and Carrick are unavailable?

Mourinho: "Michael [Carrick] is available," said the boss. "Clever, experienced. He left the pitch [against Saint-Etienne] in the right moment so Michael is available. Mkhitaryan is out and Jones, let's see and decide tomorrow.

"Wayne's fine, he's training with the team. He was not selected for Saint-Etienne because he was not ready to play but he was ready to have one more important training session and no doubts, no doubts, he is involved in the game."

Rumoured team:

De Gea
Valencia
Bailly
Smalling
Rojo
Herrera
Pogba
Lingard
Mata
Martial
Ibrahimovic

Confirmed team.

Subs: Romero, Blind, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney, Rashford.
So do we think they are going to go 4-2-3-1? I do worry if that's the case as Pogba has really really grown in to the left of a central 3 role. And I thought Carrick was fit to start? Which would have been so vital in this game.

So do we think they are going to go 4-2-3-1? I do worry if that's the case as Pogba has really really grown in to the left of a central 3 role. And I thought Carrick was fit to start? Which would have been so vital in this game.

Yeah, 4-2-3-1. Pogba has been playing well as a deep midfielder in a two in recent weeks.

Yeah, 4-2-3-1. Pogba has been playing well as a deep midfielder in a two in recent weeks.
I guess his confidence is up... But I do worry that in a big game it's added pressure on him? When so far his big game performances haven't been great.

Always the sign of a team who believe... A team who really haven't played well but who believe they will get the chances and that they have players to take them.

Or maybe not... Switched off and that will give Southampton so much belief. Worst time to concede a goal that and Jose will be livid.

It's the minimum they deserve though.

The score flatters United at half time. United are allowing Southampton too much space in midfield; Carrick on at half time?

Carrick probably should have started tbh. We haven't really been good. Bailley has been a worry and Rojo is never as good at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back