League Cup 2021/22: Man Utd vs West Ham ~ Wed 22nd Sep 7.45pm KO

I am not too bothered about it. Yes, it would have been good for squad players but I would rather focus on the main competitions.

It shows how much people have an axe to grind. If we'd won the thing people would be saying it's a mickey mouse cup that means nothing. As we've always thought.
I don't think it's that people have an axe to grind but I just think people are looking at a missed opportunity. And straight after the match you are always going to get that kind of reaction from fans.

I watched the second half and as I said after the game... It is an opportunity missed and a chance for some silverware. That's something that Ole absolutely has to deliver this year. But it was some important minutes for a lot of players who may be needed in the future. The biggest issue with going out at this stage is that's now fewer games for some of those squad players to play in. That's actually the biggest negative for United.

I don't think it's that people have an axe to grind but I just think people are looking at a missed opportunity. And straight after the match you are always going to get that kind of reaction from fans.
to put this competition into perspective, if I wasn't on this board, I would pay no attention. I'm not sure I would ever seek the result out. I've had no interest in this compettion for about 30 years. I've had a headache I have cared about more.

As for Ole needing silverware, the fas who say that, I am not one, were not going to be allayed by this cup should he have won it.

The biggest issue with going out at this stage is that's now fewer games for some of those squad players to play in. That's actually the biggest negative for United.

I'd agree if those minutes were going to the likes of Garner and Elanga. But I don't think it's a massive miss not giving minutes to Mata, Matic, Bailly and Martial.

If anything it's a distraction out the way and a few open weeks for Ole to get a full week with his players on the training pitch. It's nice to get through playing a complete second 11. But I couldn't care unless you're in the semis and then you think ahh may we well take it seriously now.

Think the issue is for the next 3 months until the FA Cup starts we've now got quite a few lads who just won't be playing and that can't be good for the squad these guys were kept around for league cup games and now they've blown that opportunity.

Unless there are injuries hard to see how some lads even get on the bench for the league and CL games.

I guess Utd were hoping decent performances in the league cup might attract buyers to some of them.

For Bailly, Martial or Mata to actually play now you are probably looking at having at least 2 players in their position injured.

A domestic cup would make no difference to how Ole is judged if Utd go backwards in the league and in europe this season it would be nice but we saw with Van Gaal eyes are on bigger prizes now.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back