League Cup - 2020/21 Luton v Man Utd - Tue 22nd Sept - 20.15 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Banned
Good chance to see some youngsters and also a good opportunity for some of the senior guys to get some match fitness. Should be a doodle regardless.

Bet the police are buzzing they don’t have to deal with this one.

Agree will be a good chance to give the squad a run out and get up to speed think it’ll be something like this depending on who starts at the weekend.

Henderson

Dalot Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred McTominay

Lingard VDB James

Ighalo

Thread reopened to discuss the upcoming game.

I expect us to go full reserve team. Big news being Henderson getting his competitive debut for United.

I can see Henderson, but I don't see full on reserve, we are so match rusty, I think he'll treat as a pre season friendly. Get some minutes in.

Won't be the kids it'll be the bench players from Saturday and the rest of the squad.

This is basically a pre season game we need to get all our players playing and up to speed I think this cup will be sacrificed by the manager but the result on Saturday might change his plans.

Luton will be fitter they've already had 3 competitive games plus pre season matches and I'm guessing they'll go pretty strong looking for a big scalp.

Since he didn't start on Saturday think we might see AWB & Matic from the start try and get 60 minutes in their legs ahead of the weekend match. Assume it's only 3 subs so he'll have to pick carefully to make sure he's got enough players that can get through 90 minutes.

If Lingard is potentially leaving then I doubt he plays so might see Greenwood or Rashford from the start Rashford looks like someone who needs minutes to find his form again.

Henderson

AWB Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred Matic VDB

James Ighalo Rashford

Lots on fitness risk in that XI AWB, Bailly, Matic and Ighalo potentially all struggle to do 90 minutes.

This should be completely kids so that we can see which ones can be drafted into the first team ASAP.

After Saturday I don't think so.

I think a lot of the first team to play this one for sharpness and fitness. Pogba, Bruno, Rashford and Martial all looked way off the pace. AWB needs a game, Bailly maybe being looked at instead of Lindeloff for a chance of a run in the first team.

Be good to see Henderson play.

It’ll be a mix of first teamers and squadders but I can’t say I care what goes down in this game. It’s games we don’t really need.

For me it’s a tournament that should have been scrapped years ago.

I hope for something like:

Henderson

AWB - Bailly - Mengi - Williams

Fred - Matic

Greenwood - VDB - Rashford

Ighalo​

I agree, it's like the International friendlies, a waste of energy for the players.

I agree, it's like the International friendlies, a waste of energy for the players.

Not quite that bad a cup is a cup and for me the league cup is as worthy as the FA Cup now but in the context of this season just feels like a competition that no one needs especially without fans being able to go.

It is being reported that Utd could be playing against a number of Luton players who carry the virus. Premier league clubs were given the opportunity to pay the money so their EFL opponent could test all their players.
Spurs paid for Orient to test and we know what happened there.
The smaller clubs just don’t have the money to test frequently, hence the financial assistance which, in turn, protects the players of Premier league clubs.
United chose not to pay Luton and will now be taking the risk.
If this is true then United have probably made a very unwise call.

If true that’s ridiculous. #Glazernomics

Pretty sure Championship clubs are required to test to the same standard as PL clubs it's league one and down where the testing isn't part of covid safe protocol as it's not financially viable for the clubs to create bio secure bubbles.

Luton for what it's worth are 2 wins from 2 in the league so they're probably flying high confidence wise.

Pretty sure at League One and Two players are required to do a daily medical assessment and any symptoms they're sent for a test. The issue with that method is if one player fails a test through track and trace surely it wipes out your whole team until they get tested and can return to work.

Orient tested the players as a precaution and Spurs offered to pay for the testing costs which to me seems sensible.

Just shows how big a farce this stuff is PL clubs should not be exposing their players to opponents who aren't testing to the same standards as them and that includes playing international or European matches.

I'd be amazed if it that wasn't right that united wouldn't pay.

Strangely enough Utd seem to be quite generous when it comes to matter like that and looking after people. Just not when buying players.

Apart from the transfers it's pretty hard to knock what Utd have done as a club in the last 12 months.

As a business they've looked after their employees very well

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

VDB to score the first goal and Fred to have two shots on target. 20-1.

Has Fred had 2 shots on target on his Utd career.

He’s a master at slicing it wide.

Not unhappy with that line up everyone needs games at this point so he had to make the changes.

Big chance for a few lads to stake a claim for the starting spot in the full strength team.

Haha, I have faith he’ll mishit a couple of shots in the vicinity of the goal!

Lingard has started well so far.

Fred shoots.... deflected wide. That was close haha!

Maybe he’ll over hit a few through balls that get counted as shots

Fred shoots.... deflected wide. That was close haha!

Maybe he’ll over hit a few through balls that get counted as shots
Definitely on target before it was deflected wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back