League Cup 2019/20: Chelsea vs Manchester United

SuperRash

Back in League Cup action this Wednesday with a tough game against Chelsea. You would imagine both teams will play a few youngsters, although we’ve both been doing that during the season so far.

Would love to see Garner and Williams both get a start. Also maybe Greenwood will get the nod if Ole wants to rest both Martial and Rashford.

Guess it’ll be similar to the sides we’ve seen in europa league a mixture of the youth and experience.

Injuries kind of limit our options right now.

It will be a tough game to win Chelsea have a deeper squad than us so when they rotate I don’t think they weaken to the extent we do.

Be great for the guys to get through and keep building this momentum.

If I'm 100% honest, kind of hope we lose this and have less games for our weak squad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very strong line up so we have a decent chance I would say. Chelsea are playing a few youngsters so you never know but going to be tough regardless!

Not come out second half at all.

Common trait of this team at the moment makes us so vulnerable.

1-1

poor goal to concede.

Maguire bullied by batchuari (no idea how you spell that name)

utd really poor second half no control of the game every is in panic mode

2 subs

Lindelof & Lingard off

Martial and Periera on

Utd switch to 4-2-3-1

looked like an injury to Lindelof who limped off.

Rashford off Young on.

Young to left back Williams moves forward.

Another player limping off hopefully nothing serious.

expect us to bunker in and try to hold on to this one now.

Yep no real pressure in the end Utd cling on and got the win.

System seems to suit these players but when good teams move the ball quickly the gaps are there to exploit and we get forced back.

on to the next round.

Rashford claims getting 3 points is the most important thing. I know he just means the win but silly thing to say.

Does Shaw get back in the side? Really impressed with Williams.

I have always liked Rojo and he’s playing himself back in to favour.

Yeah. The player has two players with him. Rojo is forcing him wide of goal making the shot more difficult and allowing the other defenders to catch up with play and the player hits a fantastic strike. I don’t think there’s much more he could have done he dives in and misses one he’s last man and it’s a red card two the player beats him as is through one on one. It’s just a fantastic strike.

I think if we are going to dish out blame for their goal then Harry was the major culprit. Rojo could have done better too. It's a weakness of our when a fast guy is running at us which is why I think tuanzebe will be in when fit.

Amazing what a goal can do for a players confidence. Southgate deserves praise I think for playing him against Bulgaria. That goal seems to have filled him with belief.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back