Kuszczak joins Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kuszczak ponders future at Old Trafford

he can do a job, might improve with games, but he's very shaky at collecting crosses and aerially, but excellent reflexes and shot stopping..

Re: Kuszczak ponders future at Old Trafford

It's not easy for a player to sit on the bench for 3 years and have few chances to play. Not everyone accepts that just fine. But he won't be able to change the situation complaining again. There's no way. He evolved. He's a different (and better) GK regarding two years ago, but he's not good enough to put van der Sar in the bench.

Kirkland was sent out on loan to Leicester. It would be a good move for Kuszczak, although i think he may crave a bigger team. Anyway, I think it would solve the problem of the Wigan's goalkeepers. Last season, they had Kirkland, Kingson and Stojkovic. and none of the three seemed to be reliable.

Kirkland has struggled with back problems for years, unfortunately I think he may retire soon.

Would be great for Kuz, he's good enough to be playing in the Prem week in week out, don't think he's the top class keeper we need though.

sad to hear about Kirkland, i think he could have made the England team if he was consistent enough, has the best reflexes in the world i think!

TK is an awesome shot stopper, but I think every gets 'that' feeling whenever the defenders pass the ball back to him. Guy is garbage with the ball at his feet, almost as bad Fabien was.
Good enough to be number 2, never number 1

I remember Kuszack saving a pen in the Stretford End on his debut. And thats it. If you asked me of any of his other 'epic' games, I'd struggle. Ok, he's made important saves (like Aurelio yesterday) but I can't think of anytime that I've thought that he had a blinder. I know I have fairly rose tinted specs as far as Edwin goes (I would have loved him to come to OT before he went to Fulham) but I just don't see Kuszack as the powerhouse we need between the sticks.

Now, yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching Lindegaard warming up in the Stretford End goal, along with TK. And he looked immense! He was springing about stopping all the shots that the trainers and then players were pinging his way. Maybe he was extra pumped up to finally be on the OT pitch, which kinda made TK look a bit downbeat, but I really do think that TK's games are numbered and think that he will HAVE to do a Foster and get to another club if he ever wants to be a number 1. In fairness, I think I was surprised he came to OT in the first place, unless United had said 'Look, we have an ageing goalie here, so we think you should have the gloves full time in a couple of seasons' He was playing regularly at West Brom, and I often wondered if it was a mates deal between Bryan Robson and Fergie to get Luke Steele more games. However, when the loan became permanent and I realised Luke wasn't coming back, my 'theory' went out of the window.

In short, I've not seen Anders play. I can't comment about his greatness. I can only go by the 10 or so minutes I saw yesterday. He looked good, confident, but had a zany Barthez streak about him. Lets hope that this doesn't manifest itself too much in the future!! If Tomasz wants to get his international career back on track, he needs to go. But I'm just not sure where....

Kuszczak has been linked with a summer move to Galatasaray. That might be a good move for him. Ultimately I have never trusted him in goal for United, not that he has ever played particularly badly. But never felt he instilled confidence in the back four. Good luck to him, definitely time to move on...

Ultimately I have never trusted him in goal for United
In all honesty I think that's harsh!

You're entitled to your point of view but he hasn't really done anything glaringly wrong while he's been between the sticks for us. If anything he's done quite well considering his limited apps. in the first team.

I acknowledge he has never made any obvious mistakes, and i remember him playing pretty well during that period last season when our defence went missing.

But my point is that I have never felt confident in him, and i do not believe that he installs confidence in his back four. I would also argue that Fergie has only ever seem him as a number two, willing to sit on the bench and come in to do a job every now and then. But even Fergie can't rate him that highly as he has brought in Lindegaard seemingly to replace him.

I like him, tall and big built, good/very good shot stopper, one of his biggest criticisms though is his distribution, when Edwin gathers the ball in the box he looks to offload it as soon as possible, Tom takes an age to get rid of the ball. Some of our best counter attacks start with Edwin quickly rolling or throwing the ball out. His Handling can be a bit hit and miss too. Would be a great buy for anyone in the Prem looking for a keeper, was great for WBA.

Interesting. I've seen signs recently from TK that he has got a future at United, he's still got time to develop too. I think his distribution has improved a lot.

Distribution was terrible yesterday, I can't remember what someone near me said about one of his kicks but it made me laugh.

Have to feel sorry for the guy, because behind Van Der Sar you will always look second best.
We are lucky to have a keeper like VDS, so when Kuszczak does play we are always going to be nervous

Feel sorry for him. He's never going to play first team with Van Der Sar around. He may be number one next year. Always tough for a keeper to spend that much time of his career on the bench. I really hope he does get his chances whenever possible and does well.

Kusczak was never going to be good enough to replace VDS - we bought him as a number two and never envisaged him becoming a number one. The understudy role is always best performed either by a young emerging talent or older veteran (e.g. van der Gouw). Kusczak now finds himself having outgrown the first phase and now needs to play first team somewhere else. He has always done his best for the club and I respect him for that but the next number one needs to be either a very special talent (e.g. De Gea) or an established international with European experience (e.g. Stekelenberg, Buffon). The dark days of Howard and Carroll taking turns is too fresh to allow any risks to be taken.

I got no problem with Kuszczak, I like him, think he's a very good keeper, his distribution had improved, I think he just had a bad day on Saturday, got a lot of pass backs to his left foot which he's not comfortable with, Van Der Sar is very good with the ball and comfortable on both. He also just had 1 man to kick to up the other end of the field which can be a problem. I think there was also a few times where he could have picked it up but chose not to and then kicked the ball away when it would have been better to pick it up and give it to one of the full backs so we could get going again instead of gifting possession back to them.

Hodgson keen on duo | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Kuszczak has had to provide back-up to Edwin van der Sar at Manchester United since moving to Old Trafford in 2006, initially on loan, and his chances of becoming No.1 appear slim even after the Dutchman's impending retirement.

He played for West Brom before joining the Red Devils, spending two years at The Hawthorns following a switch from Hertha Berlin, and Hodgson is interested in bringing him back.

I suppose Kuszczak may consider the prospect of leaving because we're going to be bringing in a replacement for Edwin and Lindegaard won't be going anywhere.

Kuszczak's nickname is vampire, he doesn't like crosses. I'm here all week :)

Only had a one bad game really normally he's a great backup

Back to West Brom for Kuz I think. In his defence he's hardly played and that doesn't help. Being a GK is really difficult. There is little rotation and only one place to fill, saw that with Foster and now people say we were wrong to sell. People will probably say the same about Kuz next season when he's doing well.

Only had a one bad game really normally he's a great backup

Didn't mean it to sound like that what i should have said was i don't think he will be here next season cos if we've paid x amount for one keeper and are ready to pay x amount for another....he would be going backwards , therefor if he has a good chance elsewhere he should grab it ...for his sake...and no doubt his time at O.T hasn't been wasted a)he has been o.k as a stand in and b)he will have learnt a lot.....if(or when)he goes i wish him all the best of luck...

I mean in Tomasz's defence it was just one of those games yesterday where basically he looked as nervous as feck. Also, doesn't matter how much training you do it can be hard coming back into the side, especially for a goalkeeper.

He looked rusty yesterday, but he was making unforced errors.

The odd thing was we didn't see him slicing any kicks into touch. You could tell that the defence lost all confidence in him and that's not good for anyone in the team, everyone gets nervous.

Yeah.

He was mis-judging almost everything that came his way yesterday which doesn't really breed confidence into our back four!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back