Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Champions League: Manchester City v Shakhtar Donetsk - 26th September 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This lads just getting better all the time which is rather annoying.

Bit like Gerrard in terms of the way he hits the ball can whip in crosses but also hit some powerful long range shots.

Premier League: Chelsea v Manchester City - 30th September 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great goal. Chelsea didn’t get near city.

Problem is all these lads are getting new contracts to protect against this and I don't think any of them are going anywhere any time soon apart from maybe Aguero but even he seems to have bought into all this.

The way the money is now I'm not sure Barca & Madrid can bully the prem sides the way they did before just look at how Liverpool held out on Coutinho this summer.

Yeah the Coutinho situation showed that money can’t just be thrown at Premier League clubs now. I do think Madrid and Barca will both be looking for some ‘galacticos’ in the summer but not sure if they’ll come from the EPL.

Well the reports seem to be that Barca are going for Griezmann so much so that Atletico have reported them to the league over allegations of tapping up but it seems that he will be joining them in the summer. Madrid are a strange one the problem for them seems to be they need to get one of Bale or Ronaldo out to bring one in but neither want to leave as they're both on massive contracts so any club who might want to buy them isn't going to pay sky high price and sky high wages to someone who's maybe peaked. The latest reports seem to be Bale has got the message and his preference is moving back to Spurs if they can find the money to buy him although Utd will probably look to go for him.

The Coutinho one was strange because it was all kicked off because of Neymar that kind of started a ripple effect and because Liverpool couldn't use the money to buy a replacement for him their hands were tied. That whole deal reset the transfer market as well suddenly deals like Lukaku for £75m look alright when you've got Liverpool turning down £100m + for Coutinho.

City seem to be in the market for a left back, centre back and they appear keen to bring in Sanchez in the summer but that squad is so good it'll be hard for them to improve I don't think Pep will want big established names.

Can’t really work out who he reminds me of he’s like a mix of Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Beckham he’s got that explosive style of Gerrard, the quality of Beckham in his right foot, the clinical finishing on both feet of Lampard plus the position sense of Scholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back