Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool 2019/20

Ball never actually hits Silva’s hand. Also the rule change was just handball is handball.

There was also a second TAA handball that got ignored.

EDIT: Just seen stills and it does hit Silva’s hand. Still don’t get why that means it later hitting TAA hand doesn’t mean it’s handball though.

Also don’t understand why there wasn’t a VAR check on Salah’s goal.

Thankfully it’s Liverpool so it’ll be fine!
There was a VAR check on Salah’s but he was onside as Stones was playing him on.

I think VAR is a good thing but geez it doesn’t half disrupt games and make them less enjoyable. You can’t really enjoy goals these days because you think there will be a VAR check.

My immediate first thought was that neither goal would stand.

8 point lead over Leicester. It does seem difficult to see anyone but Liverpool winning the league now. How longs it been since they’ve dropped 8 points.

Ball never actually hits Silva’s hand. Also the rule change was just handball is handball.

There was also a second TAA handball that got ignored.

EDIT: Just seen stills and it does hit Silva’s hand. Still don’t get why that means it later hitting TAA hand doesn’t mean it’s handball though.

Also don’t understand why there wasn’t a VAR check on Salah’s goal.

Thankfully it’s Liverpool so it’ll be fine!

The handball rule has become confusing because for the attacking player the rule is different to a defending player apparently an attacking player can still handle the ball if it isn't deliberate he just can't do it if as a result he scores directly with his arm of controls the ball with his arm and then scores. So does that mean in this case the Bernardo handball counts as accidental?

The point I was making was the VAR check is to check a handball by TAA but part of that check will involve seeing the handball by Bernardo so they could argue that play should go back to being a Liverpool free kick in the box but then you say we'll I've played advantage but if you have played advantage you then can't ignore the handball by TAA. So you could argue that the only option for the ref was give Liverpool a free kick in their own box or give a penalty either way the goal is ruled out. What they've done instead is say that the TAA handball wasn't the deliberate and therefore it's play on in both which means they give the goal I think the fact it hits his leg first then bounces up into the arm saves him.

I think they did check the second goal on VAR they just didn't show all the replays possibly because there's no big screen at Anfield although I've heard some conspiracy theorists suggesting that VAR wasn't actually working properly yesterday.

Injuries are the only thing that stops them the squad isn't very deep so if they lost 2 or 3 starters for long periods they could be caught but I just don't think City are at it this year the injuries are hitting them hard.

For City to catch them now they need to be almost perfect to the end of the season.

34 points from a possibly 36 is a ridiculous start.

1 defeat in 50 games in the league as well.

Injuries are the only thing that stops them the squad isn't very deep so if they lost 2 or 3 starters for long periods they could be caught but I just don't think City are at it this year the injuries are hitting them hard.
I agree injuries could, but this team seems to have lady luck on it's side so they won't suffer any key injuries. And even if they do I'm not sure City, as you say, are at it enough to catch them.

They have lady luck because like the great Utd sides they make very few mistakes and they never give up they wear you down physically and mentally and eventually teams crack. I believe it was a golfer who said the harder I practise the luckier I get when questioned about a lucky shot.

The obvious ones would be at full back if they lost 1 or both of TAA & Robertson for say a month could they cope?

Probably yes because Liverpool don't really rely on 1 player they have 5 players who in my opinion are the scorers/creators the 2 full backs and the front 3 the other 5 are basically defensive players who keep the opposition out.

Salah this season hasn't really played well he's still chipped in with goals but generally his play has been pretty average but it doesn't really matter because Mane is on fire but if Mane has a dip in form chances are at some point Salah will have a hot streak.

I really want to dislike Klopp, as he is Liverpool manager.

But I have seen a few things of him recently and I like him. Decent bloke.

Signed a new contract today until 2024.

Going to be a tough few years guys and girls let's hope Madrid try and pillage that squad over the next few years because if they don't it's going to be tough to topple these boys.

Liverpool are thrashing their closet rivals. The current score line of 4-0 flatters Leicester. 13 points clear...

18 games
17 wins
1 draw

That is just crazy and like you say they’ve beaten second place home and away, third place at home, fourth place away.

It’s something crazy like 79 points taken from the last 81 in the league, lost 1 game in the league in the last season and a half.

Just makes you wonder where it ends for them.

Trent Alexander Arnold was just ridiculous yesterday it’s like having Beckham at right back just putting chances on a plate for the strikers then smashing one in himself.

It’s definitely Liverpool’s year. More VAR drama.

What I don’t get for the Liverpool goal is that if the Wolves defenders heard the whistle before Mane put it in then surely it can’t be given as a goal even with VAR intervention? Can’t remember if the ref blew after Mane put it in but that‘s a grey area surely.

Then Wolves ‘scored’ but then got chalked off for offside. I do dislike VAR, it’s kind of ruining the enjoyment.

I quite like Souness idea. If VAR is going to be used moving forward if any of the forwards body is onside then he’s onside. Move the benefit of the doubt back to the strikers.

I quite like Souness idea. If VAR is going to be used moving forward if any of the forwards body is onside then he’s onside. Move the benefit of the doubt back to the strikers.

I don’t think there was ever benefit of doubt the assistant always had to judge it as he saw it.

I’d just bin the technology it is to slow and it isn’t accurate enough to justify the time it takes get a decision which isn’t really in the spirit of the law either.

It is literally ruining goals as there’s no point celebrating a goal until it’s been through VAR checks as they are looking for reasons to disallow a goal.

Another really nice gesture by Klopp, writing to a young united fan. He does seem like a top bloke.

I used to think he was a dick, but I've changed my mind over the last year.

He seems like a decent bloke the closest thing to Ferguson I've ever seen in his ability to connect fans and players and get everyone behind him and he backs it up.

Think he's also incredibly clever at manipulating the media.

He seems like a decent bloke the closest thing to Ferguson I've ever seen in his ability to connect fans and players and get everyone behind him and he backs it up.

Think he's also incredibly clever at manipulating the media.

Absolutely this.

We should have done anything and everything when we had the chance to get him in at the club.

Absolutely this.

We should have done anything and everything when we had the chance to get him in at the club.

We tried apparently but we pitched ourself as a media company not a football club if you believe the rumours.

Annoying thing is I don’t see any job pulling him away from Liverpool for a long time.

Possibly only the Germany job.

I mean why would you leave? As much as we dislike them. They’re one of the biggest clubs in world football. They’re in an absolute purple patch and he could create history with them. They’ve got money to spend and seen well run behind closed doors.

Possibly only the Germany job.

I mean why would you leave? As much as we dislike them. They’re one of the biggest clubs in world football. They’re in an absolute purple patch and he could create history with them. They’ve got money to spend and seen well run behind closed doors.

They’ve got a window to absolutely clear up here might only last a few years but they look miles clear of the domestic rivals this season only City look like a good summer could solve their issues.

I agree Germany maybe Bayern could attract him if he decided he wanted to go home.

Had a feeling for Watford today. They weren’t great the other day against West Ham and they were due a loss. Still gonna walk the title but nice to have their unbeaten run ended.

Just need them knocked out of one of the cups to take the treble off the table and we can breath as well.

They got pumped they were really off their game on Saturday and that result has been coming been very sluggish in the last few weeks so might see a few more slips but they're so far clear it's not in doubt that the title is done it's can they pick up one of the cups to go with it now.

Unbeaten run and treble chance gone in 4 days. Minor things to be grateful for. I’ve missed seeing them get destroyed routinely.

Unbeaten run and treble chance gone in 4 days. Minor things to be grateful for. I’ve missed seeing them get destroyed routinely.

It's all about the bass, about the bass......….

This is an excellent game to watch. 1-1 on aggregate currently heading to extra time. 20 mins to go in normal time. Oblak having a blinder

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back