Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool 2018/19

The momentum is starting to slip but they're still on top and yesterday City lost LaPorte and Fernandino to injury but Liverpool lost Firmino.

A lot will come down to how the squads stand up to number of games and maybe who goes furthest in Europe City look likely to progress but Liverpool are at best 50/50 to get past Bayern.

I can't see City switching focus they'll go for everything they don't look like a team who will prioritise.

Premier League: Everton 0-0 Liverpool - 3rd March 2019

4 draws in their last 6 league games.

I'm surprised more has not been made of Fabinho snotting all over Hazard. I only saw a gif on Instagram, so it might not be the full picture, but if it is what it looks like he should be banned.

you tube link

I'm surprised more has not been made of Fabinho snotting all over Hazard. I only saw a gif on Instagram, so it might not be the full picture, but if it is what it looks like he should be banned.

you tube link
This had me wondering aswell ! seemingly did it right under the refs nose aswell ?

I think Liverpool have too much for Barca, think they'll get the CL this year.

Happy days at that result. We got pulled apart for losing 3 - 0 there.

Hopefully they will get one at Anfield and see the match out.

Van Dyke, best CB in the world, was caught standing still a couple of time last night.

I backed Barcelona on the -1 handicap @ 12/5. Though thought then evens on the game at home was too generous also.

They did get lucky though if Liverpool had of had their scoring boots on it very quickly could have gone the other way and out of Barca’s hands. Not many teams will go to the Nou Camp and have more possession and play more passes than Barcelona.

means nothing though does it, they got the same result we did.

They lost, Salah had a chance he should have buried, Van Dyke got shown up. Maybe the UK press have blown this side up too much.

Klopp could go yet another year without a trophy, yet you wouldn't know it in the press. Imagine if that was united.

Laugh my arse off if Liverpool go the season without silverware, I must admit though, it felt strange being at hotel football before the game on sunday and the place went barmy when City scored.

Id rather City won the league over Liverpool but I will never in my life cheer a man city goal, sorry I just wont do it. :(

I didn’t cheer cos I wasn’t watching but when I heard the score was 0-0 at HT I was like ‘ffs come on City get a goal’

I only saw bits of the game but despite the scoreline it seemed a much more even contest than our games vs Barca which were just complete walk overs.

I don't think this is a vintage Barca side certainly not like the ones who destroyed us in 2 finals but under this manager they don't want to dominate games all the time they are happy to be without the ball for periods of the game unlike the Pep era where they wanted 100% possession in games.

As for the hype I think the hype is fair they got to the final last year, they've made at least the semi this year and they've put up a crazy points total in their domestic league obviously they do need to win something to really make it count but if they kept this side together I see no reason why they won't challenge for the two big trophies next season.

I do think with them there is a tendancy to over hype things yes they're getting a crazy points total but I think this is a really average league the bottom teams are terrible this season and third place has lost 12 league games.

Champions Leagues are won on such fine margins and Liverpool know that better than anyone just think back to 2005 with that ghost goal and in the Messi era if you catch him on a good day there's nothing you can really do about it.

I don't think it matters about points total, geting to finals etc. Klopp has got to win soemthing or he's a failure at Liverpool

As for this match, at Anfield anything can happen. But you've got assume Barca will score, so Liverpool will have to put 4 more past them. Difficult.

I don't think it matters about points total, geting to finals etc. Klopp has got to win soemthing or he's a failure at Liverpool

As for this match, at Anfield anything can happen. But you've got assume Barca will score, so Liverpool will have to put 4 more past them. Difficult.

Yes but some context is required when he arrived Liverpool were a club who had managed 1 out of nowhere league title challenge in 7 seasons and been absolutely nowhere in Europe think they'd only been in CL once or twice in that period. Klopp has unified the club again fans/manager/players/owners/board all on the same page all pulling together with the aim of being top dog again you can't knock how important that is for a club.

The challenge will be can they do it again next season or like the Rodgers season will it be a flash in the pan where it all collapses the next season can Liverpool get 90+ points again next season to challenge City. He could do with bagging a cup just to get that no trophy monkey off his back but they really look like they're the team who can go toe to toe with City over the next few years.

Yeah I think it's over but an early goal for Liverpool could change things this Barca team are shaky they give you chances even we created a few against them and Liverpool are one of the teams who can score quickly when they get you on the ropes.

no one will remember he galvanised the club if he wins nothing.

Saying that, I fancy city to slip in the league. They look a bit tired.

Fair point the modern manager is judged on his success can't think of many managers of the top clubs who've left without winning anything and still being well liked, the only one who comes to mind is Rodgers who I think remains popular in Liverpool. Liverpool have been in a real barren period think it's 1 league cup in the last decade trophy wise so they are desperate for silverware and Klopp has lost a few finals already but he's been the under dog in all of them apart from the Europa League where they were favourites.

I think having a full week off with no CL football is just what the doctor ordered for City as I think both sides have been crawling to the finish line because they're both running on empty. Be interesting to see how Liverpool bounce back from last night will that knock the stuffing out of them or will they be able to put it to one side and go again.

The points thing people keep banging the drum about is a bit annoying. Yes they're going to get a great points total but would you rather win a league with 81 points like Leicester or finish second with 97. It's a fantastic season but in 10 years time they're just going to be another side that finished second unlike Leicester who've gone down in history.

Do many people even really remember Klopp took Liverpool to the Europa league final or just that he has yet to win anything. Is it 3 finals 3 losses with Liverpool? With Dortmund it was 4 finals 3 losses. He won his first. So as a manager he's lost 6 in a row. Again in the league he's going to fail at the final hurdle. Is getting close what he'll become known for?

He also won back to back league titles at Dortmund I'd say that is what he is most known for along with getting them to a CL final before Bayern stole their good players.

You can't really say they've failed in terms of the league no one tipped them as title winners they weren't expected to win it at the start of the season they've run a very good City side to the wire.

I know it's easy to talk these people down but if Utd had their pick of any manager in world football right now I'd be picking Pep then Klopp. Klopp's biggest problem is he's fighting Pep for the league every season needs to get away from him and take some easy wins haha!

I wouldn't pick Klopp, can't stand the bloke and he's won nothing.

If I had any choice of manager it would be Pep, no one even comes close.

Other than that, there is no stand out candidate.

2 Bundesliga, 1 German Cup.

Picking managers by what they've won in the past works so well for us LVG & Mourinho, I honestly think Klopp could have done great things at Utd his personality would have gone down great with our fans as soon as he left Dortmund Utd should have snapped him up. He's someone who unifies people not divides them and that would have given him the power he needed to sort out the board above.

I do agree he's a bit of a knob but which top manager isn't.

Without Salah and Firmino.

Still a few mins to go but Barca are getting to PSG bottle job status.

As much as it pains me to say it, we wish our team showed such determination, desire and effort as they do, and what really hurts is how far away we are from that level.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. City are going to win the league, liverpool the champions league, and look where we are. Wish I had booked my holiday for now.

Got to hand it to them, they were awesome last night. They don’t for me have the best group of players but by heck do they have a good team and they leave everything they have out there on the pitch. When you contrast how our players don’t seem like they give a damn and last nights performance you can see why we are where we are.

horrible, can't bear it.

I hope Ajax pull this fairy tale story off. Or Poch actually shows the will to win something.

Just when you think the season couldn't get any worse, it bloody does.

Take my advice, avoid social media and the radio, listened to talksport on the way in to work this morning and it was pretty unbearable, not sure how I withstood it for so long.

Us reds need this season to be over now and just forget about it, like GNev said a good place to start for Man United is to start the season with 11 players out there who want to fight for the team, as at the moment there is a horrible atmosphere that cannot carry on.

yeah, I norally listen to 5 live in the morning, I resorted to Zoe Ball in the hope there would be little mention.

I bet Barca thought they had it won. Ars**

Lets hope it Ajax's destiny.

yeah, I norally listen to 5 live in the morning, I resorted to Zoe Ball in the hope there would be little mention.

I bet Barca thought they had it won. Ars**

Lets hope it Ajax's destiny.
Im an Ajax fan tonight, think they have a better chance of beating the dippers in the final.

be nice for Ajax to win it just before their team of young stars gets ripped apart in the summer, lets not forget Daley Blind doing it for Ajax !

Liverpools 3-1 loss to madrid won me a bit of money (Bale and Mane to score and madrid to win 3-1) won me £510

So hopefully Liverpool can win me some more dosh by losing in the final.

Clutching at straws here arent I lads ?

2019 is football hell.

I fancied Liverpool before the first leg and I'm gutted I didn't back them last night as I felt it was on this Barca side isn't all that they might have done us 4-0 over 2 legs but you could see at the back they were poor and very reliant on Messi.

Fair play to Liverpool it's painful to watch but you can't have any complaints the spirit they have right now at that club is unreal everything pulling in the same direction players running themselves into the ground for the manager, an organised approach to squad building and a fanbase full behind them.

Fair play to Liverpool it's painful to watch but you can't have any complaints the spirit they have right now at that club is unreal everything pulling in the same direction players running themselves into the ground for the manager, an organised approach to squad building and a fanbase full behind them.

Everything we used to be :(

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back