Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool 2018/19

No ban for Klopp. Joke, Merson is right for once, Jose would have banned.

Is he going to go another year trophy less but still have the sun shining out his butt.

Yep, dont like Merson as im sure a lot of people dont, but he is right Jose would of been hauled over the coals if he did that.

Better yet, he got an £8k fine ? is that a joke ? just let the fans chip in and pay that Flopp.

Yep, dont like Merson as im sure a lot of people dont, but he is right Jose would of been hauled over the coals if he did that.

Better yet, he got an £8k fine ? is that a joke ? just let the fans chip in and pay that Flopp.

1) I don’t think Mourinho would get hauled over the coles for celebrating with his own player after a last minute winner. Mourinho would be more likely to go knee sliding in front of the away fans if this happened haha.

2) the fines are not based on your salary and I think they are similar all the way through the football league with small adjustments. £8k is nothing to Klopp who earns £10m a year but it is to managers lower down the leagues on £100k a year.

Just on a different point... Klopp is shouting about better protection for players. How about these players all stop being so soft and pathetic? How many players do you see stretchered off in Rugby or American football? Hardly any despite it being a much more physical sport.

The fines must change slightly because Mourinho got a £50k fine for talking about the referees performance in a game last season.

Just on a different point... Klopp is shouting about better protection for players. How about these players all stop being so soft and pathetic? How many players do you see stretchered off in Rugby or American football? Hardly any despite it being a much more physical sport.

Do you watch these sports the answer is quite a lot? Players go off injured all the time because of the nature of the sport. Also, because of the physical toll it puts on the body they don't play every 3 days I believe there is always a week between match there's no midweek games in Rugby or NFL and international players don't play club rugby when they play internationals so they play a lot less games per year. How many games does a top Rugby player play in a season? My guess is around 40 a top footballer including international matches probably plays closer to 70.

You are also hitting each other much higher up in the body whereas football is constant attacks on weak spots like knees and ankles it's a different kind of contact to Rugby or American Football.

I find it so weird that people compare football to these sports as they are very different sports that require a very different type of fitness.

The injuries suffered by footballers are normally down to two things impact in a tackle or over working injuries players run around 10km per game these days doing that twice a week takes it's toll on the muscles and it's not just 10km round a park it's 10km including sprints, jumps, tackles, turns.

I don't think players need more protection in games I think UEFA/FIFA etc need to sort the calenders out so they play less games and I also think managers need to take better care of the players and rotate their squads properly to keep them fresh.

Do you watch these sports the answer is quite a lot?
Given that I watch the NFL every week because that is my sport... Yeah I watch it a lot. And I can tell you rugby players and nfl players do not get carried off or roll around the floor like this pathetic lot do.

It's one thing to genuinely be hurt and that's fine. But in soccer 9 times out of 10 a player will roll around when there's not a thing wrong with him. He'll be helped off the pitch when a few minutes later he's charging around all over the place again.

It's pathetic. It's a big reason why I can't stand to watch soccer much these days.

JSP you should check out the Alex Smith injury earlier this year. Snapped his leg you could see it was broke. A footballer would be on oxygen and take 15 minutes to get him off the pitch. He was sitting up smiling and waving to the crowd. All of us watching are massive football fans and were like ‘how the hell (strong expletive used) is this guy smiling and absolutely casual about what’s just happened).

Footballers have a reputation for being panties because they are. To non football fans it’s hard to argue with them when they point out the bevahour of footballers on the pitch in comparison to Rugby, NFL and NHL.

It is a short season at 16 games plus the playoffs. But teams will end up playing Sunday Thursday a couple of times a season. It’s about logistics though with the amount of travelling they do.

It sounds like this Alex Smith chap is some sort of mentalist who doesn't feel pain. If he's sat up smiling with his leg hanging off it's hardly fair to criticise a person who portrays agony and needs help when he's had his leg broken I've never had that happen to me but I've seen it happen to people playing football and rugby and they both had to lay waiting for ambulances on pitches.

You are also comparing football to sports where there is no advantage to be gained by pretending you've been hurt sadly in football there is because you can con the ref into giving a free kick/penalty/yellow/red card to an opponent.

I don't know the ins and out of NFL or Rugby but I can't really see a situation during play where diving would get you some sort of advantage and it's the same in Rugby the key part of defending in both these sports is stopping your opponent gaining territory. There are obviously rules about how you can and can't do it but diving isn't really going to help you. I'm sure at the very top level they cheat in different ways little things that are outside of the spirit of the rules that give you an edge as long as the ref doesn't see it.

I know flopping as they call it has become more common in NBA as players look to exaggerate contact during shooting to get free throws but it's really frowned upon by everyone so it hasn't got to out of control like it has in football.

Football for me has allowed it to get out of control by changing the laws by lowering the bar in terms of what is and isn't allowed in terms of contact which has pretty much made it impossible to defend.

It’s highly advantageous in NFL to go down easily. If you can infer pass interfering you can gain as many yards on the pitch as the attempted pass. It equates to you catching the ball. However it just isn’t a thing in the sport to simulate it.

Football is my favourite sport, footballers aren’t fair sportsmen as in other sports though.

Football used to be my favourite sport, I suppose the big matches still are. But I think I prefer watching golf these days, but it's rarely on normal TV. I used like going to basketball matched too.

But footballers are just so annoying these days, not only are they cry babies, this whole player power gets on my nerves. Pogba, it shouldn't matter if he and Jose don't get on, there is 70,000 paying to watch him play, not walk around in a strop. They get paid so much that they have forgotten what what football is about for the average fan. They can argue all they want during the week, come the match they should be 100% committed. Too many aren't.

Im going to be completely honest I am absolutely obsessed, and no matter how bad we play I never miss a game, literally ever ! whether it be in my normal OT seat, or at the pub for most aways.

Supported this club since I can remember and no matter how hard it gets, will never turn my back on it, it gets massively frustrating at times but thats football and thats where we are now.

Call it what you will, but thats just me lads :)

Oh i'm not saying i'm about to start missing games. I usually catch has many other teams playing as I can too just saying I get annoyed by the quickness of players to feign injury and the lack of sportsmanship in the game. I spend more time watching football than anything else. If there's a game on TV then generally I'll be watching it.

Wednesday is the closest i've come to missing a game but it was still on in the pub I was in. Just also happened to be the only day this week I was free to meet up with others too. My love for United will never die even if it will be tested. I can't remember where I read it but here's a quote I like.

"Think about it, how many hours have you spent just in the last week watching, reading, thinking, talking and arguing about football? If you love your football, I'd wager its one hell of a lot of hours; more hours than you've spent on politics, news, or food, more even than sex. When you love the game, football totally dominates your life from early morning to late at night."

Oh i'm not saying i'm about to start missing games. I usually catch has many other teams playing as I can too just saying I get annoyed by the quickness of players to feign injury and the lack of sportsmanship in the game. I spend more time watching football than anything else. If there's a game on TV then generally I'll be watching it.

Wednesday is the closest i've come to missing a game but it was still on in the pub I was in. Just also happened to be the only day this week I was free to meet up with others too. My love for United will never die even if it will be tested. I can't remember where I read it but here's a quote I like.

"Think about it, how many hours have you spent just in the last week watching, reading, thinking, talking and arguing about football? If you love your football, I'd wager its one hell of a lot of hours; more hours than you've spent on politics, news, or food, more even than sex. When you love the game, football totally dominates your life from early morning to late at night."

That quote is brilliant, one ive never seen before but so very true.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool - 8th December 2018

Played 16
Won 13
Drawn 3
Lost 0
Points 42
Goals For 34
Goals Against 6

Does anyone else get this sinking feeling that it's going to be Liverpool lifting that title at the end of the year? They have the best defense right now and have won ugly a lot of times already... I dunno I'm just getting this feeling.

Nah. It’s Liverpool. They can be 5 clear with 3 to go and they’ll find a way to mess it up

Have to say I’m getting worried they’ve improved the weaknesses from last season.

Where’s the clowns now? All those guys who’d let them down all the time at the back hardly ever play.

Injuries in the second half of the season could play a big part as they don’t have as much depth as City but these lot are the real deal.

If they don’t get a result mid week they’ll be playing Thursday nights.

If they don’t get a result mid week they’ll be playing Thursday nights.

Last thing we need is them being able to sack off Europe if we want them not to win the league we need them going deep in cups to knacker out the squad.

Premier League: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United - 26th December 2018

6 points clear.

Played 19
Won 16
Drawn 3
Lost 0
Points 51
Goals For 43
Goals Against 7

51 from 57 is a ridiculous start to a season.

Hard to see a weakness in them injuries to star players like Van Dijk or Salam could hurt them but they are really starting to tick.

The apocalypse could be on us lads :(

Premier League: Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal - 29th December 2018

Played 20
Won 17
Drawn 3
Lost 0
Points 54
Goals For 48
Goals Against 8

I’ve been in denial all season but if they win Thursday it’s done.

They were ruthless yesterday destroyed a fragile Arsenal side once they spotted the weakness they were relentless at exposing it.

FA Cup: Wolves 2-1 Liverpool - 7th January 2019

Two losses on the bounce, CB's injured, invincibilty chink lost. They need to show their stuff now. A couple of easy games mind you coming up.

Another early cup exit for them as well that's 3rd round exits in both cup comps this season.

I think it was the right call to make the changes but it probably shows that they are lacking depth in some areas but Wolves are a decent side so it's not really a disgrace.

It's not really big club behaviour but in the position they are in putting all resources into winning the league is probably the right thing to do.

Premier League: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace - 19th January 2019

Played 23
Won 19
Drawn 3
Lost 1
Points 60
Goals For 54
Goals Against 13

Premier League: West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool - 4th February 2019

Played 25
Won 19
Drawn 5
Lost 1
Points 62
Goals For 56
Goals Against 15

Since losing to City 2-1 they haven't looked convincing.

Lost to Wolves in the Cup.
Beat Brighton 1-0
Beat Palace 4-3
Drew with Leicester
Drew with West Ham

2 wins from their last 6 games

They've both already played eachother twice and both have played Arsenal twice. But both come to Old Trafford and host Chelsea and Tottenham still.

Think most teams have a wobble it's how you react to it.

The problem seems to be that ability to just blitz a team and blow them away early hasn't really been there this season they've had to work hard for a lot of results and rely on the defence.

City you assume will keep the pressure on them if City go top tomorrow will be interesting to see how they react.

Premier League: Liverpool 3-0 Bournemouth - 9th February 2019

Played 26
Won 20
Drawn 5
Lost 1
Points 65
Goals For 59
Goals Against 15

Liverpool have won 3 of 9 games in 2019. City surely favourites for the title now.

I still think Liverpool will do it, actually. But if they don't. Will the press pick up on another trophy less season for Klopp? that is the most interesting point for me.

However, I think city will focus on CL glory.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back