Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool 2018/19

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Liverpool 4-0 West Ham United - 12th August 2018

Good start for Liverpool.

Banging, just like united last season. Klopps sides usually have real flat period, if they can avoid that I think I would tip them for the title. And avoid injury to Salah.

Premier League: Liverpool 1-0 Brighton & Hove Albion - 25th August 2018

Played 3
Won 3
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Points 9
Goals For 7
Goals Against 0

Premier League: Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool - 1st September 2018

They’re 2-1 up. Was 2-0 but Allison has had a mare. Game should be 3-4 all. Leicester created and missing many chances. Liverpool too.

A major factor in Liverpool having a good 17-18 season was Salah's sensational form. I doubt he will be able to repeat that this time round. So, unless Mane or Firmino step up to fill the gap, I doubt they will be real title contenders. They might have a better defense, but their offense might not be as efficient as it was last season.

They wernt great by any stretch of the imagination today. Both teams missed loads of chances. Leicester probably had the better of the game but didn’t have the finishing boots on. Liverpool very lucky Vardy was suspended. Even Carragher today said so far this season the results have been good but the performances haven’t todays another example of it. Not heard him be as critical of Liverpool before as I did whilst commentating today.

Strange that Fabinho hasn’t made a match day squad yet not really been mentioned in the media I guess they’re in no rush but he did full pre season so it’s a bit strange not to see a single minute from a guy who cost £40m

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool - 15th September 2018

Played 5
Won 5
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Points 15
Goals For 11
Goals Against 2

They look like the real deal so far all those problems from last season seem to be gone defence looks much more solid and they’ve now got options off the bench

First time I’ve seen Liverpool this season, looking at that game it was more about how poor spurs were, awful

Premier League: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton - 22nd September 2018

Played 6
Won 6
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Points 18
Goals For 14
Goals Against 2

Premier League: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - 29th September 2018

Played 7
Won 6
Drawn 1
Lost 0
Points 19
Goals For 15
Goals Against 3

Big point away that. I guess they'd have hoped for more but come the end of the season that could be big.

Champions League: Napoli 1-0 Liverpool - 3rd October 2018

Played 2
Won 1
Drawn 0
Lost 1
Points 3
Goals For 3
Goals Against 3

Tough away game for Liverpool but that's a bad result especially to lose so late on. That's a wide open group now.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester City - 7th October 2018

Played 8
Won 6
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Points 20
Goals For 15
Goals Against 3

What are everyones thoughts on Liverpool long term this season, do we think they are showing signs of fatigue given Klopps style. Do you think they have the depth to carry on all season?

What are everyones thoughts on Liverpool long term this season, do we think they are showing signs of fatigue given Klopps style. Do you think they have the depth to carry on all season?

Good question. I think they'll be OK in the end. They will get by with their quality until Christmas and then get a winter break.

My worry is they're right up there and I'm not sure they've actually played that well so far.

Looks to me like he's sorted the defence out but the midfield blend isn't quite right you can see why he wanted a player like Fekir to give them a bit more creativity. Are they finally missing Coutinho now? Without the 4th member of that fab four from last season can teams finally work out a way of stopping them by playing a very narrow back 4 like Chelsea did. I guess they are looking for Kieta or possibly Shaqiri to provide that when they need it.

In attack Salah is looking like the player he was when he signed rather than the goal machine he became last season he's a bit inconsistent that season was so much better than his normal season that you had to wonder can he do it again.

I thought pre eason they are the best equipped team to go up against City for the title but I don't think they will last the pace City I think will eventually get away from the chasing pack.

The thing for Klopp is he needs to put a trophy in the cupboard even just a domestic cup as it's been a while since they won anything but they're already out of the league cup.

Premier League: Huddersfield Town 0-1 Liverpool 20th October 2018

Played 9
Won 7
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Points 23
Goals For 16
Goals Against 3

Premier League: Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City - 27th October 2018

Played 10
Won 8
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Points 26
Goals For 20
Goals Against 4

Premier League: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - 3rd November 2018

Played 11
Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 0
Points 27
Goals For 21
Goals Against 5

2-0 down to Red Star. Will leave them with 6 from 4 with Napoli and PSG to play if they can’t turn it around.

Liverpool really need PSG to at least get a point. Otherwise Napoli will on 8. 11 if they beat Redstar at home and Liverpool vs PSG will decide whose going out

PSG vs Napoli draw.

Liverpool 6
Napoli 6
PSG 5

Liverpool play PSG away next and finish with Napoli at home

Certainly getting the rub of the green. Fulham score. Wrongly disallowed as Robertson playing him on. Liverpool score on the counter whilst Fulham celebrate/switch off.

Ball wasn’t stopped when Allison took the free kick either

Stays like this and they’ll need a 3 plus win over Napoli. Can you imagine the press if that was Jose

Stays like this and they’ll need a 3 plus win over Napoli. Can you imagine the press if that was Jose

They’re 2nd in the league and in a title race if they were where we are in the league questions would be getting asked as they were last season. Difference was Klopp played free flowing attacking football that the fans loved so he kept them onside.

This season they are playing a bit more cautiously but in the league they are keeping pace with City despite not being at full tilt.

Still probably will win nowt though. Maybe FA cup. But the press will still love him. I am not saying what Jose is doing is right, but it shows the double standards. Jose has qualified with a game to go. Liverpool could still do it, but tough.

Actually, it’s not that tricky for them to qualify, they should do it. Still a poor showing that the press will say nothing about. When you look at how they tore into Jose

I think they'll do it but won't be easy as Napoli are a decent side so they'll need to be somewhere near their best.

As for Klopp I think the press like him because he's quick cheery and charming most of the time he's obviously got a bit of bite to him when he's angry and he can be very snappy with them sometimes but he's good for a funny quote and he talks with passion.

In comparison to Mourinho these days he just looks like a grumpy old fart who's going through a mid life crisis everything is a moan and when the methods stop working.

No ban for Klopp. Joke, Merson is right for once, Jose would have banned.

Is he going to go another year trophy less but still have the sun shining out his butt.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back