Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's off to Dortmund must be some talent if they're paying that for a kid from the championship.

£25m up front plus bonuses.

Guess the plan is similar to Sancho develop his talent build up the profile then sell him back to the Premier League for a massive profit.

Great chance for the player they've got a great reputation for talent development be interesting to see how quickly he can break into their first team next season.

Officially signed for Dortmund today. Great move for him and no doubt will get his chances in the first team.

I’m confident we’ll be signing him for £100m in a couple of years.

Officially signed for Dortmund today. Great move for him and no doubt will get his chances in the first team.

I’m confident we’ll be signing him for £100m in a couple of years.
We spend that much with Dortmund they don't need to sell to us.

If a club is really in for a player, don't they have to submit some form of paperwork to represent their interest/bid? I just read that Bellingham "turned down" United, but I've read that countless times over players I think we were never interested in. If there is not such paperwork, there should be. Show me the official inquiry on official letterhead or these papers and players can hang.

If a club is really in for a player, don't they have to submit some form of paperwork to represent their interest/bid? I just read that Bellingham "turned down" United, but I've read that countless times over players I think we were never interested in. If there is not such paperwork, there should be. Show me the official inquiry on official letterhead or these papers and players can hang.

Think a lot of talking is done through agents before bids even go in to clubs might not be the rules but it is the way it works. My guess is Bellingham had offers through his agent with plenty of clubs and the agent would have told those clubs what it would take for Birmingham to sell. Once the player has made his mind up it’s at that point the two clubs sort out the terms of the transfer deal.

I mean the lad and his family had a tour around the training ground so I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we wanted him but he’s decided to go elsewhere and I think he’s made a great decision for his career.

Think a lot of talking is done through agents before bids even go in to clubs might not be the rules but it is the way it works. My guess is Bellingham had offers through his agent with plenty of clubs and the agent would have told those clubs what it would take for Birmingham to sell. Once the player has made his mind up it’s at that point the two clubs sort out the terms of the transfer deal.

I mean the lad and his family had a tour around the training ground so I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we wanted him but he’s decided to go elsewhere and I think he’s made a great decision for his career.
How come we don't do like Chelsea and sign these players then loan them out for a couple years? We seem to prefer passing on them and picking them up later for 100m.

How come we don't do like Chelsea and sign these players then loan them out for a couple years? We seem to prefer passing on them and picking them up later for 100m.

I don’t think it’s a case of preferring that route we’ve tried to buy both Haaland and Bellingham and missed out on both.

In the last 12 months we’ve picked up a few young players out of top academies in Mejbri, Jurado and another lad from Madrid.

These players are wise to that system now even Chelsea are struggling with that model now you need to get them in very young and if these kids can’t see the route to first team football at 18 they demand moves elsewhere.

The German clubs can offer first team football in a great league at a young age and Dortmund have shown they can turn these kids from prospects to superstars pretty quickly.

Utd look to be getting back on track but our recent track record of developing young players we sign has not been good due to a lack of stability at the club.

You went into bingo caller mode there.

But yeah it is ridiculous, you’d think he’d been there 20 years!

Are they retiring his number because his transfer fee is basically saving them from going bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back