Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

16 years of age. At least he’s a central midfielder though!

Getting rave reviews and Birmingham are screwed financially I think there will be lots of clubs trying to make a move on him.

I guess if we got it done then it would include some sort of loan back to Birmingham to sweeten the deal. And that would probably be the best move for all parties.

Presumably even if we signed him he wouldn't play anytime soon for the first team...

Haven’t seen much of him so will by no means declare myself an expert but he looks technically very good and strong on the ball. Like most teenagers will need to fill out a little but looks to have good potential.

Will be very much up for this move and I guess we would loan him back for a bit if we did sign him. That would definitely sweeten any deal.

I find this strange. Obviously any talented player we can get is great. But 30 million for a 16 year old that we won't see for 18 month's is strange. Especially as we barely give Gomes, garner and levitt a chance and we won't pay 70 million for Fernandes. Still it's not my money, at least not directly

Spoke to a Birmingham fan at work who goes every week says the kid is 16 playing centre mid in the championship looks like a veteran if you didn't know he was 16 you'd assume he was 22 or 23.

Loaning him back for 18 months doesn't make much sense when Utd need reinforcements now but this lad looks a top talent plenty of the big European clubs sniffing around too.

How much did Liverpool play last summer for Harvey Elliot from Fulham?

Harvey Elliott left at the end of his contract so any fee set by a tribunal. Still not decided I don’t believe but it’ll be less than £10m. Ings is the record at £6.5m

Ah ok so I guess it's still being determined by the tribunal assuming he was even on a pro contract which if he's only 16 he probably wasn't they might only have to pay the EPPP figures which would absolutely screw Fulham.

Not sure how I feel about that. I feel like that's £20-30M of a transfer chest that we need to invest on players for now.

If utd see him as a top talent then get him utd need to strengthen throughout the squad but like James it’ll take time to adapt to the step up and really Utd should be solving problems with players who are ready to go now.

If utd see him as a top talent then get him utd need to strengthen throughout the squad but like James it’ll take time to adapt to the step up and really Utd should be solving problems with players who are ready to go now.
Yeah I have no issue us signing him... And we have to build for the future to but need signings for now.

If he goes to Dortmund then he's going to be a star. They only seem to produce or sign star youngsters. That's a club that knows what it's doing with young players.

If he goes to Dortmund then he's going to be a star. They only seem to produce or sign star youngsters. That's a club that knows what it's doing with young players.

They don't get it right every time but there record is very good.

Great chance for him if the rumour is true huge pressure club record signing at 16 years old is crazy never seen him but given the homework Dortmund are known for doing on players they must see a huge potential.

Guess they plan is 2-3 years in Germany and sell him back for treble or quadruple what they paid for him.

Apparently sent Fergie down to charm the family.

I think at this point he does look a very impressive young player and clubs are willing to pay for potential. For me, I’ve watched a couple of games and he does look like he’s been playing the game for years despite his tender age. He looks to me someone who can become a top drawer midfielder but being so young it’s sometimes hard to tell. Players look great so young then fall off a cliff. Time will tell with this one but think it would be an exciting signing.

It was only in the gossip page on the BBC but read Dortmund may have pulled out of the race so maybe we are in pole position for him.

There's a guy I work with who goes regularly and said you watch him play and in most games he's a stand out player on the pitch if you saw him you'd assume he was in his mid 20's prime of his career not a 16 year old in his debut season. He's already physically at the level you need to be and technically he's as good as anyone at that level so I can see why there is fuss around him.

Dortmund obviously see him as a Sancho II bring him over give him 2 or 3 years then sell him back for a lot lot more than they paid for him even if he didn't set the world alight and turned out to be only ok they could probably their money back on him.

I guess a lot will depend on his personality do clubs think he can handle the mental side of the game the intense focus you need and the ability to handle the pressure from fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back