Jude Bellingham

IDFD

16 years of age. At least he’s a central midfielder though!

jsp

Getting rave reviews and Birmingham are screwed financially I think there will be lots of clubs trying to make a move on him.

SuperRash

I guess if we got it done then it would include some sort of loan back to Birmingham to sweeten the deal. And that would probably be the best move for all parties.

RichH2016

Presumably even if we signed him he wouldn't play anytime soon for the first team...

SuperRash

Haven’t seen much of him so will by no means declare myself an expert but he looks technically very good and strong on the ball. Like most teenagers will need to fill out a little but looks to have good potential.

Will be very much up for this move and I guess we would loan him back for a bit if we did sign him. That would definitely sweeten any deal.

boothstownred

I find this strange. Obviously any talented player we can get is great. But 30 million for a 16 year old that we won't see for 18 month's is strange. Especially as we barely give Gomes, garner and levitt a chance and we won't pay 70 million for Fernandes. Still it's not my money, at least not directly

jsp

Spoke to a Birmingham fan at work who goes every week says the kid is 16 playing centre mid in the championship looks like a veteran if you didn't know he was 16 you'd assume he was 22 or 23.

Loaning him back for 18 months doesn't make much sense when Utd need reinforcements now but this lad looks a top talent plenty of the big European clubs sniffing around too.

How much did Liverpool play last summer for Harvey Elliot from Fulham?

IDFD

Harvey Elliott left at the end of his contract so any fee set by a tribunal. Still not decided I don’t believe but it’ll be less than £10m. Ings is the record at £6.5m

jsp

Ah ok so I guess it's still being determined by the tribunal assuming he was even on a pro contract which if he's only 16 he probably wasn't they might only have to pay the EPPP figures which would absolutely screw Fulham.

RichH2016

Not sure how I feel about that. I feel like that's £20-30M of a transfer chest that we need to invest on players for now.

jsp

If utd see him as a top talent then get him utd need to strengthen throughout the squad but like James it’ll take time to adapt to the step up and really Utd should be solving problems with players who are ready to go now.

RichH2016

If utd see him as a top talent then get him utd need to strengthen throughout the squad but like James it’ll take time to adapt to the step up and really Utd should be solving problems with players who are ready to go now.
Yeah I have no issue us signing him... And we have to build for the future to but need signings for now.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now