Juan Mata | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Everton 1-3 Manchester United - 7th November 2020

Struggled to get in the game not sure it was really the game for Mata but options limited with Lingard injured, James in horrible for and Greenwood missing for reasons unknown.

Struggled to run back with Digne and in these open back and forth games played at speed he can look a bit of a passenger.

Sort of sums up our summer that he’s probably still our best/second best option for the right wing spot

Seems to have dropped off the radar a bit in recent weeks been on the bench but didn't feature at all over the Christmas break.

FA Cup Man Utd 1-0 Watford - sat 9th Jan

Lovely touches and maybe should have scored with the chance from the VDB flick.

I do think this should be his last season the burst of speed just isn’t there any more and that’s a huge thing for him to lose.

Got to be his last season. He has propped the squad up in decent fashion the last couple of seasons but we need further squad progression prior to the start of the 21/22 season.

Real Sociedad 0-4 Man Utd

made a return to the pitch manager confirmed he’d had some time off recently to deal with some private issues off the pitch which is sad to hear.

Looks like the club are going to trigger his 12 month extension.

Absolute madness love the guy but he contributes almost nothing at this point just let him go stop messing about

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Age waits for no man and it's so clear on the pitch that he can't handle the speed of the game at this level any more.

Seems a good guy but I'd like to see him go somewhere and play football and judging by the managers words at the end that seems to be what he wants.

We announced our release list today. Mata isn't on it. Is under the section listed 'in negotiation of new contract'

I think he'll get a player/coach role. Been saying that for a few years though :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just why?

I suspect we’ll be in here debating his new contract when he’s 40.

He’s cheap and we are short of numbers but keeping him to me feels like the wrong move.

What games is he realistically going to play in? Domestic cups and maybe the odd league game but his contribution on the pitch these days is very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back