0​
0​

Previous Seasons
Juan Mata | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Juan Mata | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Juan Mata | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Juan Mata | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester United - 19th August 2019

He is an uninspiring impact sub. I’m struggling to think of an occasion when he’s made a difference from the bench. I’m sure there will be the odd occasion.

jsp

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester United - 19th August 2019

He is an uninspiring impact sub. I’m struggling to think of an occasion when he’s made a difference from the bench. I’m sure there will be the odd occasion.
I agree he's a guy who tends to perform when he starts games rather than turn a game off the bench.

He came on so late it was hard to really make much of an impact but he was poor when he came on had a chance to put someone through and completely fluffed the pass.

Said in the summer I'd have let him go

Sideshow Bob

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 Leicester City - 14th September 2019

Slow, weak and it appears his legs are going/have gone.

jsp

I agree. Gomes I believe has to be phased in.
I think if Gomes proves himself in the midweek games he will get in ahead of Mata as we know Mata is on the way out Mata needs to be in a team that dominates the ball at his age I really think his days in the PL are numbered.

I felt in the summer they should have let him go but if he went a replacement was required and with no CL money its clear budget was limited this season.

jsp

I like Mata but I think he has had his day
Always felt he was a square peg for a round hole at Utd.

Signed when we didn’t need by a number 10 by a manager who was sacked 3 months later, I don’t think LVG really had a position for him but he thrived in that right forward role under LVG but we know he wasn’t a Jose player.

He was a proper panic buy the second of the Woodward era.

Without a replacement we do need him this season but we should have moved him on by now been here 5.5 years and never looked anywhere near the player he was at chelsea... not all his fault but he’s only survived because of the constant change of management.