Status
Not open for further replies.
See its interesting...

I've never been blessed with great speed. I'm fairly quick but not lightening... But I recently got myself a PT to get in great shape. In doing that he's identified that I'm a slow twitch muscle person so he's trying to improve my fast twitch whilst also improving my strength.

In the 5 weeks I've been working with him I assure you I've found a new gear. I played football on Tuesday with some friends and they all commented that I seemed quicker. So it is possible!

Mata is never going to be a quick player or the strongest but you can work on it! If I can work full time and yet still improve a lot in 5 weeks imagine what he can do with all the right people around him.

Tbf you probably have a lot of room for improvement seeing as you are not a professional sports person. At the highest lvl I think the room for improvement is very marginal. Mata is near to the end of his playing career. Not sure what can be done to improve his conditioning and pace. He has been slow for a couple of seasons now.

He would definitely improve gaining more acceleration and having a larger trunk. All of which a proper S&C program would do.

Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool - 17th March 2016

No wonder Mourinho sold him hopefully he will sell him again in the summer.

I wouldn't be that bothered if he did leave in the summer.

Pace and power, please.

Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United - 7th May 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Crystal Palace 1-2 Manchester United - 21st May 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Such great play by Rooney in the build up. That's true captain drive that much like Roy Keane used to do for us. Driving the team on and not letting anybody stop him. Good finish by Mata too and at such a vital time. His last act as a United player sure was a vital one.

Could tell how much he wanted it yesterday. Goal saving tackle, when they scored you could see it hurt him and he channelled that feeling in the right way with that run for the goal. Led the team well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back