Jose Mourinho, Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Paul Pobga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good. Exactly what we've needed for a few years now. I think we've been guilty of buying squad players when players of real quality were needed, even going back to when Fergie was still manager. We bought good players but a lot of them weren't adding anything more than what we had. In the few games we've seen these 4 new signings play, you can see they're making a difference and making those around them play better too and you sense there's still further improvement to come. Of course "the difference" could also be attributed to our other new signing, Mourinho. An excellent summer, got it done early too, well earlier than others anyway, now it's time to get serious.

I'd say it was the perfect transfer window to be honest and certainly the best I can really remember.

We acted decisively, we acted fast in most cases and we got the players we wanted / needed. Can't really fault anyone.

I don't even think we missed out on any of our top targets did we? Apparently we were after Kante but I don't for a second believe he was our option over Pogba? I think he was one of the players Jose was referring to when he said we had other options lined up.

I'd say it was the perfect transfer window to be honest and certainly the best I can really remember.

We acted decisively, we acted fast in most cases and we got the players we wanted / needed. Can't really fault anyone.

I don't even think we missed out on any of our top targets did we? Apparently we were after Kante but I don't for a second believe he was our option over Pogba? I think he was one of the players Jose was referring to when he said we had other options lined up.
Kante reckons Jose contacted him but already decided to go to Chelsea

Kante reckons Jose contacted him but already decided to go to Chelsea

Yeah that's what he's saying... I think that's partly true but perhaps because he was far enough along with Chelsea he decided to stick with them? He seems like a good guy who honours things.

Yeah that's what he's saying... I think that's partly true but perhaps because he was far enough along with Chelsea he decided to stick with them? He seems like a good guy who honours things.
Maybe he thought he had a better chance of winning things there or he might of fancied London over Manchester?

Maybe he thought he had a better chance of winning things there or he might of fancied London over Manchester?

I think the London thing over Manchester is possibly true. Not sure you'd pick Chelsea right now over United to win things though. New manager with zero Premier League experience in a team who struggled badly last year?

I think the London thing over Manchester is possibly true. Not sure you'd pick Chelsea right now over United to win things though. New manager with zero Premier League experience in a team who struggled badly last year?
You dont know how they sold the club to him though. Promises of bringing in other big players etc. Maybe offered more money even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back