Jose Mourinho at Spurs 2020/21

you cant treat players like he does and play boring anti football, you lose the players and the fans.

unless you win every week.

Fans will tolerate boring/cagey football if you're winning titles but once that stops they'll be on your case.

Especially in this country where it costs a fortune to watch the bigger sides you are expected to put on a show for the fans every time you go on the pitch.

After the last few matches, and his comments in the press, things were only going to get more and more toxic until he gave Levy no alternative. Surprised it's happend that quickly and before a cup final (unless the Football Leage are going to cancel it) and no immediate replacement was announced.

I did read they want Nagelsmann and they are worried Munich might get him. So want to get a jump on them.

Paying up Mourinho's contract then having to buy out Nagelsmann's contract to me doesn't seem to make much sense for Spurs and how Levy normally works. My guess is interim will stick around until the summer before a new guy takes over.

My money would be on Rodgers.

yeah maybe, you've got to ask, what manager will go with all the unknown about what competitions they will be in.

Interesting, didn't see that. You'd think history would dictate that a German will usually end up at Bayern, but maybe Levy thinks this Super League thing will be an incentive for Nagelsmann to join Spurs instead?

I’d be surprised if he isn’t the Bayern manager next season with Flick leaving.

Anyway, what odds on sky getting Mourinho in as a pundit for the cup final?

I reckon something big has happened for all his flaws you don't sack Mourinho before a cup final.

Wouldn't rule out some sort of mutiny from the players like the end with us he's thrown so many under the bus they might have gone to Levy and said enough is enough he's got to go.

Spurs finally got the cash to sack him now they're in the super league? That's the only other angle I could come up with.
Not sure I go along with that. The post Harry Kane put out was pretty honourable about JM. He may not wear the armband but HK is basically club captain. Don't think he would have spoke that way if some of histeammates were taking abuse.

Paying up Mourinho's contract then having to buy out Nagelsmann's contract to me doesn't seem to make much sense for Spurs and how Levy normally works. My guess is interim will stick around until the summer before a new guy takes over.

My money would be on Rodgers.
Rodgers previously knocked them back

Not sure I go along with that. The post Harry Kane put out was pretty honourable about JM. He may not wear the armband but HK is basically club captain. Don't think he would have spoke that way if some of histeammates were taking abuse.

Not reading to much into what players post on social media when a manager is gone that's all staged and for show it's PR spin.

Imagine Ryan Mason coming in and winning the League Cup as interim coach. Would be quite a story for him.

No doubt that would really wind Jose up!

Spurs hate winning so much, they sack a manager known for winning trophies right before a cup final. Sounds like European elite to me.

Roberto Di Matteo won the European Cup as an interim coach so strange things do happen.

Must have been a seriously bad atmosphere at Spurs for them to bin Jose before a cup final though.

maybe he wasn't to be trusted when this info came out. Can imagine Jose going nuclear

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back