Jose Mourinho at Spurs 2020/21

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
They looked dreadful today.

Midfield none existent, all over the show at the back and no real threat up top.

Called his attackers lazy after the game be interesting to see how they react to that.

I think he inherited a mess in this case that squad is done and it was done maybe 3 years ago and they've just not rebuilt it well enough it was an unhappy camp when he arrived, a group that had gone stale but he's got no way of refreshing it especially after covid hit.

3-4 years ago I'd say their starting XI was on par with pretty much anyone in this league it was a brilliant side but they didn't have depth so they could never quite sustain the fight. Now that side has got old and quite a few guys have left and the replacements just haven't been good enough.

As for Mourinho he was totally the wrong man to replace Poch things probably did need to change but you can't switch like that.

Since he went I don't think a day has gone by where I think I wish he was still our manager.

The interview I heard was a car crash.

He started it by saying "I've never lost an opening prem match" well it's not about you mate.

And then the interviewer said Everton were good did they surprise you, and he went off on one about what's possesion, and basically said the interviewers analysis was garbage. I'll try and find it.

I saw his post game interview with Sky calling his attackers lazy which is big talk considering they're your star names Kane, Alli, Son & Moura he's pretty much pinned it on them to say because they aren't working hard up top the whole team is left exposed.

He's always been a terrible loser looks like he'll be 6 months away from another massive pay out from the latest club to fall for his PR image.

I know it's only 1 game but that was a very alarming performance from Spurs it was like they were never actually in the game.

Brilliant toxic Jose here we go.....

First day of the season and Jose is throwing players under the bus, talking his usual gibberish and blaming everyone but the person who really matters, HIM.

I love the fact we can, as Utd supporters, sit back and watch this unravel as we all know it will, safe in the knowledge it's not our club this time. I give him until Xmas as which point no big club (not that Spurs are anywhere near a big club) will ever touch Jose again.

I think after Spurs the route is Portugal. Enjoy part time management and get back on the TV.

I have to say the guy is as amusing as he is infuriating but I do like him when he is out of 'manager' mode.

They’ve gone full strength in the quali for and are 1-0 down with 13 minutes to go.

They’ve got an equaliser with 10 to go and the other team just got two red cards.

Glad they’re through more games the better for them.

Currently 5-1 up vs Southampton away.

Been a great weekend for us so far hasn’t it

First 4 goals were Kane Assist, Son Scored. Shame they ruined it with the 5th!

They were awful first half. Mourinho made another change at half time.

Another stupid penalty given by VAR in accordance with these latest rule changes.

Hand in a totally natural position ball flicks up off another players foot and hits the hand all this happens in less than a second and someone had decided the punishment for that is a penalty. It’s mad they need to bring back the old rule ASAP.

Jose had a few moments where it looked like he was going to work out, where the sun peeked out from behind the storm clouds, but Spurs will eventually fall into the same pit of negativity and cannibalism that Chelsea and United experienced with him. Jose will win a few matches, throw some players under the bus, blame everyone but himself, start playing people out of positions, and will set fire to the whole setup. Son & Kane are not going to suddenly stop being Son & Kane.

Bit of a result for Spurs to be honest.

The fixtures schedule is brutal for them they should have had to play 6 games in 14 days but luckily this one was called off.

They now play 4 games in 8 days Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

No team should be subjected to a schedule like that...
Dier was absolutely right with his concerns.

Just play your youth team the calendars are so packed.

Didn’t liverpool play 2 games in 3 days on two different continents at one point? Basically had to sacrifice a domestic cup to play the world club cup.

Seems crazy that we are even trying to play european competitions in the current climate but money talks so the show much go on.

The madness of the English football calendar.
The lesser of the two domestic cup competitions should have been sacrificed this year.

Dele Alli not even on the bench today.

Seems like he’s on the way out Mourinho has picked his big name to sacrifice and force out to send a message to the others.

Hammer Newcastle and then concede a 97th minute equaliser.

Again imagine the abuse of that was United. People saying we aren’t a top 4 side aren’t aware of other teams in the league.

Spurs 1-1 Newcastle

this handball rule has got to go it’s a farce that pens are getting given for this.

The crap rule we had last season has somehow been made worse

However, with the chances Spurs had they should have been way clear.

Hammer Newcastle and then concede a 97th minute equaliser.

Again imagine the abuse of that was United. People saying we aren’t a top 4 side aren’t aware of other teams in the league.

I think this might be misread. Our best XI today compared with the others is probably a top 4 side. But when you look at all the fixtures we have this season and look at our weak bench and lack of cover, we are one injury away from disaster. The other contenders for top 4 could lose 1 or 2 of their top players and still compete, but if we lose Fernandes we are done. I think we can live without Pogba, but take out Matic, Rashford, or even Maguire, and our squad that is held together with bailing wire and tape will fall apart. It could be argued DeBruyne is the key to City being top 4, but without him they have cover and are still a good side. They could lose another couple and still murder our team that faced Crystal Palace last week.

Our top 4 hopes rely completely on Bruno playing nearly every minute of nearly every match - and that is impossible. Last season we tightened up and lucked our way to 3rd, results in the last game or so could have had us down to 5th, as only goal difference got us ahead of Chelsea, and Leicester went 3 losses, a win, a draw in their last 5 matches. I know the points are the same at the end of the season as they are at the start but we rode our luck.

So the difference for me in being a top 4 side and getting top 4, is that this squad has the ability now but does not have the depth to make it happen.

I think take away any of that groups best players and they’re knackered.

Utd have that problem too but that’s the reality of where all these clubs are the first XIs are all pretty good and competitive but there’s very little quality backups.

Spurs I think have plugged a few gaps but centre back I think they look very weak and it’s the same in centre mid but up top they’ve got real quality that can hurt any team.

Take Son out of spurs and they don’t get near top 4.

Take Aubamayang out of Arsenal they’ve no hope.

Chelsea are again too weak at the back.

Spurs finished 6th and Arsenal finished 8th, so I'm not counting them as top 4. Liverpool, Man City, us, Chelsea, with Leicester in 5th. Seems clear we are talking about different things.

If Spurs lose Son, can they still finish 6th? Yes. If Arsenal lose Aubameyang, can they still finish 8th? Yes. If we lose any one of Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, can we finish 3rd? No. Can we finish 4th? I doubt it.

Who are you thinking takes 4th from us then if you aren’t including Spurs and Arsenal?

If Leicester lose Vardy (which they have today) they’re screwed.

Who are you thinking takes 4th from us then if you aren’t including Spurs and Arsenal?

If Leicester lose Vardy (which they have today) they’re screwed.
I was thinking you meant the teams finishing 1-4 last season. Like I said, no injuries to Bruno we have shot at 4th, he’s out and we don’t. Any of the teams near us would be a challenger for 4th. It could be Wolves, Everton, maybe Spurs and Arsenal if they get lucky, Leicester if Vardy isn't out too long. I don't think we are that much better than them that we can survive without one of our few stars.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back