Jorginho

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That’s another £100m then.

Would be a great signing but unless he’s got a release clause he will be very hard to get our hands on.

Ah money is no object these days and the United hierarchy are going to want to splash the cash as this squad is not challenging that City side. Jorginho was terrific against City when I saw him, and also in Serie A he’s been super impressive. All these types of deals are potentially on but are very difficult in January with clubs still in European action and fighting for championships in Napoli’s case.

100m? Jesus I can't keep up haha rather Kovacic for 25m personally

As if Madrid sell him for that they sell of squad players at £60-70m.

I’m not convinced we’ll sign a player for less than £30m ever again (apart from a Bosman), the transfer fees have just gone mental.

Seen a thing today they will accept 25m for him as they want him of the books as think on a decent wedge, just what seen this morning, think he has only made 10 appearances, certainly wouldn't pay over 30/40 for him, they want more tell them to get stuffed.

He’d be a strange player for them to want rid of as they play a 3 man midfield and he’s the 4th choice centre mid but if they put him up for sale and Mourinho thinks he fits our style then get him.

I’ve given up trying to apply business logic to these deals now the selling club sets the price not the market.

Not sure the Utd/Madrid relationship is that great after the De Gea deal I wonder if that’s why we got messed around over Morata it seemed like Utd were being asked to pay £15m more than Chelsea ended up paying.

Never seen much of Kovacic or Jorginho but when I have seen them play they look good players but I wonder are they Mourinho type players.

Not sure on the player but definitely need to replace Carrick with someone who can control the game. It's easy to forget that he's not been there this season. Mourinho is still trying to correct the lack of recruitment during Moyes' 2 windows and is yet to rectify the poor recruitment by Van Gaal. Mourinho isn't going to get every signing right but the signings he has made have been more in line with what the standard is. Unfortunately it's a slow process as half the profit we make goes up in smoke rather than being re-invested on the pitch. Looking back and it's easy to say in hindsight but 3 signings and re-signing Ibrahimovic was never enough, just as 4 wasn't enough the summer before.

United representatives have met with the agent of Napoli midfielder Jorginho Po on Friday evening, according to reports in Italian outlet Rai Sport.
Jorginho’s agent Joao Santos was in Manchester after watching the Napoli midfielder in Italy’s 2-0 defeat to Argentina.

The Red Devils have reportedly scouted Jorginho multiple times this season and the Napoli midfielder has two years to run on his contract.

A few weeks ago Santos said: "If Napoli wants to renew the contract, we can talk about it. The same if they want to sell Jorginho. There are no official and concrete proposals for him from the UK."

Think I’m more interested to see Jorginho tonight for Italy than I am watching England. He starts as well so I shall be watching with intrigue.

I didn't watch last night. How did he look? They reckon this guy could be pretty useful for us as he links up defence and midfield well.

Also did Veratti play? As he is now a client of Mino Raiola it's worth keeping tabs on him too. I'd bet we have a player or 2 through him again this summer.

I watched the game he didn't particularly catch the eye but it didn't have my full attention and it's probably unfair to judge him on one game for a fairly average international side all the reports are that at Napoli he is flying BUT Napoli play a very different style of football to us.

Verrati didn't play.

As for the Raiola link I'm not sure if that gravy train will continue with Zlatan & Mhiki gone plus the troubles with Pogba I think they'll be reluctant to give him any more influence as his loyalty is to his players not to the clubs they represent if they tell him they want out he will do everything to get them out.

I don't think Utd are really looking to partner up with agents they go after the players they want regardless of who that agent is and I would imagine as a club you don't want one agent having to much control over your squad you need a bit of balance.

Jorginho: England suits me, but… | Football Italia

“I think the Premier League suits my game, but it also depends on who I have next to me because I need to be surrounded by players with certain characteristics,” he told the Brazilian Press in the mixed zone after Italy’s 1-1 draw with England.

“There are teams in England who play the football I like, keeping the ball on the ground, playing a quick game with one-twos, pressing their opponents high up the pitch…

“if one of these clubs were interested in me, I’d adapt to them well and they could adapt to my way of playing, which isn’t so common.

“It depends on how many opportunities you have. If you have only one option then you don’t have a choice.

“if you have more than one then you can choose the one that’s right for you, your style of play and characteristics.”

I almost feel like... OK sure go ahead, by my guest Citeh and sign him. Is he going to make them that much better? No! This summer is all about what we do. Who we sign and who we let go.

Defo! Unless Citeh sign Messi I can't see them getting that much better. It's all about what we do.

And we were all just talking about transfers not being done during the WC. I guess he's not at the WC so it helps

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back