Jordan Henderson completes Liverpool move

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Not seen much of him, someone on Twitter says it's a done deal and I believe him. This is one of the reasons for Rooney staying apparently.

What does everyone make of Henderson?

JSNFRMN

Don't believe much from the Mirror but if true we have an advantage in this one... Brucey. He'll advise him to come this way.

JSNFRMN

For some reason I had a feeling Gibson would come on today and maybe get a goal. Time is running out for him. He's only ahead of other youngsters as he has more experience. He's 22, taking up squad space, he doesn't deserve it really. Eikrem apparently had another cracker the other night, we were missing Scholes, Eikrem is a young Scholes, where was he. Villa are giving their youngsters a chance, why aren't we? I know they were depleted but we ain't got a full team either at the moment. Gibson hasn't played in months.

JSNFRMN

I was talking to a Sunderland fan yesterday and he said if Henderson was to leave, he'd like him to come to us as we've done a lot to help Sunderland, we've got quite a good affiliation with Sunderland since Keano was there, they've got Brucey now, Bardsley, Campbell and Richardson are playing there now, plus we've got Welbeck on loan there. I suggested that they could have Gibson and Owen + Cash for Henderson, he said it was a non starter. Shows how impressive Gibson and Owen have been. I think him not wanting Owen was because he'd played for Toon though.

dalegute

rather go for cleverly then, as SAF said, welbeck is coming back after the loan so he won't be used as a makeweight in a deal...

Henderson, Cleverley and Ando would actually make a very good midfield trio. If you could fault Anderson and Henderson you could say they don't score enough goals but Cleverley would certainly make up for that.

JSNFRMN

I've seen improvements in Ando's shooting this season and i'm not just saying that because he scored last night, he's getting his body more over the ball now when shooting from outside the area and not leaning back when taking shots. Ando needs to work on improving his right foot.

[email protected]!t

With Ando's resurgence i wonder if we'll go for a CM in Jan? and Gibbo's future at the club is over i'm pretty sure of that! he's not injured or ill, he's been training, etc. but not even making the match squad

JSNFRMN

Get Cleverley back in. As the season's progressed, I feel we need a def mid more than an att mid.

[email protected]!t

even i'm not very sure about how good he'll turn out to be, he's had a poor season so far, too many injuries, but him featuring in the pre-season seems like Fergie is preparing him for the first team, a loan in Jan to a Championship club might do him some good

Scholesy18

I would say we no longer need Henderson now that Anderson has started playing well. All he has to do is improve his performances like how Nani has done in 2010 and go on and win more trophies with United

[email protected]!t

Sending Gibson on loan would be a great idea, gives a chance to prove himself.

We could use Henderson in midfield, other than Ando none of our midfielders are in good form. plus he's English and still U-21

Agree with Bruce in that Henderson should really stay another season or two at Sunderland. Feel the same about Rodwell, I know their value could soar if they start performing regularly for England but honestly I don't think that will be the case. Fergie may feel that getting them this summer would save us money but I would prefer to put these deals off for another while and sign established players this summer. Might be the wrong thing to do but I don't think we need Rodwell and Henderson just yet as I can't see them making much of an instant impact

JSNFRMN

This is why i'd prefer we got in short term options in midfield now, players who can make an instant impact and then instead of getting Henderson or Rodwell, we'll have our own youngsters ready to come in.

JSNFRMN

Fair play to him, why move from somewhere where you're playing every week to a club where you won't be playing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.