Jonny Evans

IDFD

Rumours that we'll go after Jonny Evans. Available on a free in the summer.

Always rated him. Always got laughed at for it. Not sure at 32 it's a great signing but I would love him back and we already know him and Maguire work well together.

that would be a real slow pairing. I think Jonny's time has passed.

Would be an odd move given what we already have on the books and he'll be 33 at the end of the season so not really sure what he's bringing to the table at that point for Utd.

Sounds to me like the work of an agent trying to squeeze a bit of a better deal out of Leicester.

He's had a good career after leaving Utd but I'm not sure I see the value of bringing him back unless we're planning a major clear out this summer which can't be ruled out. You have to assume Rojo goes in January, Jones and Bailly should both be gone in the summer so they might see someone like Evans on a free as a useful squad addition.

Not sure how Evans would feel about that surely at his age he will want to play as much as possible as he's only got a few years left.

Do we think Utd will try and make any moves in January this time around?

The only move I can see us making in January is if we get through the christmas fixtures in a title race and we go after a big move CB because they believe we can win it and don't want to miss an opportunity. Otherwise I Ihink we'll save it for next summer. Crowds back in place and go after a CB, DM and RW. Can see Martial and Matic being moved on

I think CB is way down the list for, purely based on the amount we have at the club.

We aren't scoring enough of the opprtunites we create. I'd be looking there, and a really good holding midfielder and RW of course.

Well we have the young lad from Atalanta coming in January surely if we'd put £30-40m down on him he's coming as a first team player rather than going with the kids like Pellestri?

Yeah I can't see us moving in January unless there's a too good to turn down deal going or a injury situation we need cover for like we did with Ighalo last year.

Guess we might see a few go in January the likes of Romero, Lingard, Jones and Rojo who are all frozen out would be allowed to go if offers came. Ighalo's loan will end and he'll go back to China.

Will be interesting to see how the market reacts next summer a year of empty stadiums will surely have forced clubs to accept reality and that transfer fees must come down will player wages actually come down too?

See the same problem for big clubs this summer though getting existing players out for anything like what they're worth will be tough.

I do think the money has to go on strengthening the attack next summer.

But wait, there’s more.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He’s playing the Utd XI games Vs Lyon and Wrexham while he considers his options.

Mrs Evans will be thrilled.

Had horrible luck with injury in the last 2 years my gut feeling is any setback in pre season and he will call it a day. If he comes through pre season who knows Utd might offer him a deal to be 4th choice CB and do some bits with the U21 side next season while he does his coaching badges.

Probably a sensible signing as an extra option back there but wouldn’t expect him to play much. Maybe the odd cup match but he would bring some leadership to the dressing room which is probably something ETH values in him.

Think you might give him some cup games but you wouldn't want him starting league and champions league games next season.

Decent enough 4th or 5th choice if Maguire is off but he struggled for fitness last season at Leicester and his best seasons are well in the past.

Nowt against the lad, been following his career since he was playing for Northern Ireland u15 side in the Victory Shield, but it would be a weird one if we gave him a year contract, a very expensive way to push Maguire out the door that's for sure, and if Maguire were to move on I'd want the club to buy an up-and-coming CB that is good enough to play 25/30 this season if needed, which is something Jonny's body is up to.

they are chasing two young CB's this is probably just a safety loop if they dont get them and Maguire goes

Wonder if they might have him do some bits with the U21's like Huddlestone has been doing.

I would guess his 1 year deal will be on a lot less than Maguire earns and will also incentivised.

I don't mind the signing but a bit like Heaton if he plays more than 5 times this season things have gone very wrong somewhere.

Signed a one year deal.

Doubt he will play a hell of a lot but ETH has liked him around the group, so his experience will help the squad.

Think he might go into the U21’s quite a bit for playing time maybe get some time in league cup games.

Here's Johnny!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back