Status
Not open for further replies.
How easy is it to play players in their proper positions. Having Jonny who is 2 footed play in the centre and then a left footer and a right footer either side. I like LVG's style seems to be playing players in their proper positions.

If Evans can stay fit he can be the best CB in the league this season. When I watched De Vrij at the World Cup it reminded me of Evans and I thought then that van Gaal would like him. Some folk have said he can be van Gaal's new De Boer.

Inter Milan - 30/7/2014

Looked ace at the back. Like he's ready to take the senior leader role at the back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Liverpool - 5/8/2014

He was quite sloppy I thought v Liverpool

He had a poor half. He struggled to cope with Liverpool's pressing tactic.

MK Dons - 26/8/2014

That was a bloody shambles. He is supposed to be top dog at the back now the great duo have left.

Dreadful. Nowhere near his level. Worst game he's ever played and hopefully will ever play.

Poor error for the first goal and weak for the fourth. He needs to eradicate silly errors from his game.

He was very poor. Looks like he can't spot a pass to save his life. It's like his brain shuts down as soon as he is on the ball.

Like a lot of the others, looks like his confidence has been completely shot. We need the likes of Evans to step up and show more personality in the wake of the key centre halfs leaving, Jones to be fair has done that somewhat, but Evans needs to be a key man.

Qpr - 14/9/2014

Was very assured on the ball. I liked his commanding of the area. Saved our bacon when deGea very nearly messed up

Better today but still under hitting backpasses. Less nervy but still think it's there. Hopefully he'll improve this aspect of his game by playing more games.

Liverpool - 14/12/2014

Poor performance. He's not suited to a back three. Appears to have lost confidence when in possession.

Aston Villa - 20/12/2014

Form needs to improve a lot, really poor again. Can see him being sold next summer unless things change.

Yeah I had him down as first choice at the beginning of the season but it's just not happening. It is hard to keep confidence up when you get so many injuries. A common theme with our centre backs

Same here. Fantastic in Fergie's last 2 seasons. Has had a pretty dreadful 18 months though.

I thought he would have stepped up to become the leader but he's looked the worst of the lot. I can see him being he first defender to leave.

Newcastle United - 26/12/2014

I was/am a fan of Evans but he's been rubbish since Fergie retired. Has 5 months to buck his ideas up I think.

He's receding. Looks the same Evans that i hated 4 years ago. So clumsy, annoying mistakes. He was one our best defenders two years ago. Now, he's a liability.

He annoys me when he waves his arms in the air moaning at other players when he himself plays balls forward to absolutely no one

I thought he was much better today. He had a shaky moment early but was fairly competent for much of the game. He was assured in possession and was good in bringing the ball forward.

Stoke City - 1/1/2015

Another unconvincing performance, I'm afraid.

A real shower of in that first half, conditions didn't help but it's another poor performance. The other 2 CB's do a lot of good but can be equally as clumsy and generally poor at times. Smalling and Jones have youth on their side, Evans doesn't really at 26/27, he should be leading them but isn't and probably needs replacing by someone who can do that and who is more competent and reliable.

Thought we might see him start today after Evans was taken off in last game with fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back