John Terry and Vicki Sparks

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018' started by Mr C, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Vicki Sparks becomes the first female commentator on a BBC worl cup game.

Jone Terry tweets - having to watch this game with no volume..... :-(

Rio and other normal people congratulate her and say about time.

2. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

I assume that's meant to say John Terry?

If so he doesn't have a twitter account.

3. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Is John Terry being a dick or is he not aware of the female commentator?

Anyway you can probably get away with saying anything on twitter today after what Lord Sugar posted this morning about the Senegal team.

4. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

I think it's a made up rumour he tweeted it. I searched for an official twitter and one doesn't exist just an instagram account.

Also people have been mocking him all day as the game was played at the same stadium as he missed the pen in the Champions League final.

Alan Sugar is a moron. How didn't he expect a backlash?

5. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

OH yeah, it was an instagram account.

6. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

7. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

8. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

What an idiot hopefully that's the kind of thing that retires him and means we never have to listen to him as a pundit as he's a complete tool.

Couldn't believe that Lord Sugar thing when I saw it, I know he's old and it was probably a poor attempt at humour rather than something malicious but for a guy with his sort of profile to even think he could get away with that in 2018 is crazy. Wonder if it'll cost him his place in the lords and lose his role on the apprentice.

10. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

I only just saw the Alan Sugar tweet. What a buffoon.

As for John Terry, if he meant it as a dig to the female commentator (which I am sure he did as he deleted it hastily) then he doesn’t deserve a place in football. He is also a buffoon.

Just two cents on the female commentator, we had it on in the office and I thought she did a great job from what I could hear. I guess someone like Terry still thinks it’s a mans game.

11. kef2138

kef2138 Well-Known Member

John Terry always was a cnut and a disgrace, both on and off the field. So, I'm not surprised by his behavior in this instance. Surely nobody would take him on as a pundit after such a remark.

12. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Not sure he was ever really considered as a potential pundit anyway because of the fact he was found guilty by the FA of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand, it might not have been proven in court where the burden of proof was much higher the FA still felt the evidence was enough to ban him so that would make him a tough man to employ in the UK.

13. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

I assume he meant it as a joke, but it was still a silly thing to say when the gen public love to go crazy over the smallest thing.

14. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

It was obviously a poor attempt at humour his apology video that he posted later that day was hilarious tried claiming that his audio sytem wasn't working in his house when he returned from holiday so had to watch the game on mute. If that was the case why didn't he make that clear in his original post how were we supposed to assume that was the case when he posted the orignal video.