John Stones at Manchester City 2016/17

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The two worlds most expensive defenders, David Luiz and John Stones. The world has gone mad.

Exactly, Stones has looked shocking at Everton at times. Although he will no doubt turn into a fine defender but £50m good, not so sure!

And haha sure those reprobates over at BlueMoon will think the Stones deal is the deal of the century, while saying the Pogba deal is the most ludicrous thing. Bless 'em!

Exactly, Stones has looked shocking at Everton at times. Although he will no doubt turn into a fine defender but £50m good, not so sure!

And haha sure those reprobates over at BlueMoon will think the Stones deal is the deal of the century, while saying the Pogba deal is the most ludicrous thing. Bless 'em!

That's City fans for you though! How you can even remotely think that Stones is a great deal is beyond me.

Have we overpaid for Pogba? Yes we have and I'm not going to sit here and deny it. At least I can admit that... But compared with Stones that deal looks great. Stones could be a top defender but he's got a long way to go. Last year he struggled to hold his place at Everton!

We have overpaid but in terms of pure revenue, we can afford it. And I loved it when Jose stuck the knife into Wenger and Klopp early, when he said that only big clubs can spend so big and appreciate spending much. Really gave me a chuckle.

Citeh have spent £100m on Stones and Sterling, and we are the overpayers! :p

We have overpaid but in terms of pure revenue, we can afford it. And I loved it when Jose stuck the knife into Wenger and Klopp early, when he said that only big clubs can spend so big and appreciate spending much. Really gave me a chuckle.

Citeh have spent £100m on Stones and Sterling, and we are the overpayers! :p

Yeah I just hope that doesn't bite him as I see Liverpool as a dark horse this season.

It was funny reading the article on SkySports this morning about how Pep has improved Stones as a defender. Thought I was going to read something insightful but instead it was 'Pep has taught me to kick the ball into Row Z'. You just can't teach those management skills! :p

It was funny reading the article on SkySports this morning about how Pep has improved Stones as a defender. Thought I was going to read something insightful but instead it was 'Pep has taught me to kick the ball into Row Z'. You just can't teach those management skills! :p

Haha yeah I read that as well... Hardly the most insightful of tips though is it?

Champions League: Barcelona 4-0 Manchester City - 19th October 2016

I hear had a poor game?

He looks a player with a mistake every game in him. He covers well with his pace but he lacks the discipline to be a top class defender

Premier League: Manchester City 0-1 Southampton - 23rd October 2016

Premier League: Leicester City 4-2 Manchester City - 10th December 2016

Oh dear.

That was a horrendous display. He was at fault for two of the goals. City and their love story with expensive shite defenders continues.

Have to say... Anyone else at the point of writing this kid off? I really don't think he's going to be a great defender! I think on the ball he's fantastic but overall he's a poor defender. Makes far too many mistakes and always wants to play the ball out of defense. Maybe a change of position would do him some good? Got to be worth a go at this point!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back