John Henry ~ TV Deal is unfair

jsp

Liverpool chief questions unfair, outdated TV rights deal - Football365

He makes a valid point but there's no way it can be changed because you just make the richer clubs richer which is bad for competition when you have a transfer market like we do in football where bigger clubs can bully teams into selling players.

I never really buy into the idea that it makes the league more fair or competitive splitting the money the way they do but it's just the right thing to do.

The only thing I'd change is reduce the parachute payments because it gives clubs in the Championship too big an advantage and in the Prem I'd make the rewards for league position finish more incentivised so less money is guaranteed and more based on league finish.

Of course its right, and it keeps the league competitive.

This will change sooner or later I think. There will come a time when clubs can sell the rigths to show all their games to the likes of Facebook, Youtube or Netflix/Amazon Prime etc. Inevitable I think.

Of course its right, and it keeps the league competitive.

Does it though?

In 25 years only 6 clubs have won the PL title.

The top 4 spots which get you to the next level ie CL have basically been locked out by the same 6 clubs since 2005 when Everton finished 4th since then only Leicester have broken into the top 4 in their crazy season and they haven't been able to sustain anything since then.

To me changing it makes no sense splitting it up evenly makes as much sense as just letting the big boys take a bigger share neither option would seem to make much difference to smaller teams climbing there way up the ladder.

To get anything changed they need 14 votes so it's unlikely they'll get 8 teams to back their plan.

Does it though?

In 25 years only 6 clubs have won the PL title.

The top 4 spots which get you to the next level ie CL have basically been locked out by the same 6 clubs since 2005 when Everton finished 4th since then only Leicester have broken into the top 4 in their crazy season and they haven't been able to sustain anything since then.

To me changing it makes no sense splitting it up evenly makes as much sense as just letting the big boys take a bigger share neither option would seem to make much difference to smaller teams climbing there way up the ladder.

To get anything changed they need 14 votes so it's unlikely they'll get 8 teams to back their plan.

In my opinion it does, ok they may not win the league, but they can attract players that maybe lower clubs in other leagues cannot. So unlike France, Spain, Germany, it is possible a lower club can beat a top club. It's not just 6 or 7 competitive matches a year lie those leagues. Most of the games are competitive.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back