João Felix

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seen a fair few rumours of late linking us with this guy. Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him but tracked down this video on YouTube that shows his potential. Looks like he’s got a fair bit about him.

Seems to be rated as the next Ronaldo - not a fan of these ‘next’ comparisons but can see where they come from.

Lots of talk but sounds to me like the usual hype machine trying to convince clubs to pay his buyout clause which is something like 120m euros.

Sounds like he's on a lot of radars as he's considered to be the next big thing coming out of Portugal but the talk of the next Ronaldo is crazy there may never be another like him.

Tbf i'd be happy to have another Nani right now, never mind Ronaldo. I've not seen him play or watched the video above but my understanding is he's a central attacking midfielder/second striker type. Really need a pacy right winger, none of our current attacking options are that comfortable playing on the right.

Looks a good player. Looks to have a better finish on him at this point in his career than Ronaldo and Nani had.

Translation:

Juventus today met the president of Benfica and Jorge Mendes for a young Portuguese talent. This is the '99 class Joao Felix, second point in 4-4-1-1 of Bruno Lage, behind Seferovic. In this season he has so far collected 15 appearances, 8 goals and 5 assists in the league.

Yesterday, moreover, Benfica also met the two Manchester clubs. Today was the turn of the bianconeri, another club that put him in the crosshairs. So we try to understand what may be the potential offers for this young player, very interesting, whose future may be in Italy.

So he’s a number 10 and currently we don’t play a number 10 so don’t see where/how he’d fit in the plans unless he can also play wide in a front 3.

Sounds like everyone is in for him but no one does PR like Portuguese clubs when it comes to selling players at sky high prices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently Felix’s reps have been in discussions with us, Man City, Liverpool and Juve.

I think eventually the guy is going to become a star so if we can get him then I would be very pleased indeed. There is also Bruno Fernandes at Sporting who I’ve read is available for €35m because of his release clause - now that is worth a punt. 16 goals and 11 assists in 29 matches so far which is awesome for a midfielder albeit in the Portuguese league.

Duncan Castles reported that Utd have told his agent they are not interested in him this summer.

Benfica will only sell for his buyout clause which is 120m euro but he looks like some talent just shows how crazy things have gone 15 years ago we paid 1/10 of that to sign Ronaldo and at the time spending that sort of money on a teenager was seen as massive.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back