Jesse Lingard | Match Discussion thread 2018/19

jsp

Make that 2 in 2 grabbed the equaliser vs Croatia.

Could do with him finding some form for Utd his goal scoring run last season was vital for us

IDFD

The goal against USA was a fantastic finish. Hopefully Him Rashford and Shaw come back with confidence. Going through in a group containing Croatia and Spain is top stuff and has to be a boost.

jsp

The goal against USA was a fantastic finish. Hopefully Him Rashford and Shaw come back with confidence. Going through in a group containing Croatia and Spain is top stuff and has to be a boost.
Shaw will have a point to prove he’s lost his place in the starting XI so needs to show why he deserves it back.

Rashford was very good today seems to be enjoying his role in that front 3 went straight down the tunnel when he came off hopefully nothing to serious.

Lingard was excellent vs USA and changed the game today think England use him much better than Utd allow him to be a little deeper and make those 3rd Man runs from midfield in behind teams. Hopefully he can bring that form back to the club.

Red Warrior

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal - 5th December 2018

Have no idea yet again why Lingard was pulled, soon as hecwent off we went limp again. Bad call by Jose. Again.

jsp

Think he's good in the bigger games where there's more space seemed to be icing his groin after coming off.

He can nick you a goal in these games and he puts us more on the front foot because he's willing to press the defenders in possession.

Just a shame the quality is sometimes lacking that extra little bit that would take him from a squad player to an obvious starter.

Been a very stop start season for him this year.

jsp

Grafted but the quality just isn't there for me in a good era for Utd he's a squad player in the Ji Sung Park mould but in this era he's in the team on merit.

Took the goal nicely alert to the rebound and clever to lift it over Allison and generally involved in the few moves we did put together but he's 26 now this is the best he's going to be and honestly I don't think the level is high enough. Compare him with the forward players Liverpool have and the difference is huge.

To me I though the position for him yesterday was part of the midfield 3 as the attacking player in the absence of Pogba I think that is his position but second half out on the wing he was nowhere in attack or defence.

boothstownred

I like Jesse but I ask myself on a regular basis is he good enough. I always come up with the same answer. Shouldn't really be a first choice but in this team he is on merit. He is one of a few you could level that at. I have been saying for several season we need to get rid of the deadwood, demote some of the natural starters at present to squad players and bring in better quality.

Incidentally the way he was tracking back against Robertson in the 2nd half wasn't good, pogba would have got pelters for it.

Ben Townsend

I think you could argue that along with many others he is in the team on merit, fracas happening all over the club - so you never know who will be in the team week on week.

Whoever hasn't pissed off Maureen, or spoken up about something, usually would stand a chance at getting in the side.

Mr C

I happen to think Jesse is good enough for the first team. Lets be honest, Neymar would look pants in this team.

I thought he was one of Englands best performers in the summer.