Jean Seri

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If true it's a signing I'd get behind. He Was unlucky a move to Barca didnt happen before. When I've seen Nice play his energy and running really stands out to me. Box to box player that would be perfect alongside Pogba and Matic or even to rotate with Matic when he looks tired and off it like he has at times lately.

I was trying to remember who was close to signing him in the summer thought it was Barca. There was something about a buyout clause last summer wasn't there but it had to be activated before a certain date? I wonder if that clause still exists so a club could pick him up for 40m euro in the summer which in current numbers is a potential bargain.

I know last season he was considered to be a top talent as Nice had a really good season and I used to follow the league a bit through the European Football Show which annoyingly BT sport cancelled this summer so haven't really heard how he's doing this season but he was getting rave reviews. Nice are 12 points off the top 4 this season in 6th so doesn't sound like they're having a great season.

I was gutted when they cancelled that show as well. The people on there genuinely know their football and put the rubbish pundits we have on sky and the BBC to shame.

Yeah nice are 6th but 4 of the names above them you'd expect to finish about Nice anyway. The only teams that's shaming them is Ranieri's Nantes. His one of those players who doesn't fill a stat line with goals and assists but like Kante his work rate and the amount of ground he covers is impressive.

I was gutted when they cancelled that show as well. The people on there genuinely know their football and put the rubbish pundits we have on sky and the BBC to shame.

Yeah nice are 6th but 4 of the names above them you'd expect to finish about Nice anyway. The only teams that's shaming them is Ranieri's Nantes. His one of those players who doesn't fill a stat line with goals and assists but like Kante his work rate and the amount of ground he covers is impressive.

They still do a regular podcast called the totally football show (they used to do the guadian football weekly but they all left this summer) it was a belting show it showed what football debate should be these guys while being journalists or writers are also fans they love the game and because they're not ex players they could make jokes without worrying about upsetting people. They occasionally had ex players on there as well like Barton or Hargreaves and it worked quite well but it apparently had quite a niche viewing demographic and low ratings so it got cancelled. I think it suffered as it was basically straight super sunday as it was a preview show for the evening european games and it takes a dedicated person to watch 6 hours of football in a day.

I seem to recall most of the people who were bigging him up were more bigging up his passing ability think some even said Barca had identified him as a potential Xavi type player for them.

Off topic sorry but is there any other football debate shows on the radio other than 5 Live, or podcasts? I drive an hour home from work and get sick of listening to the same crap music.

Started a podcast thread and tagged you in it, don't want to upset the admins :D

Whats he like this guy, will be honest have never seen him play or heard of him lol who would he remind you off?

Whats he like this guy, will be honest have never seen him play or heard of him lol who would he remind you off?
He’s very much a box to box midfielder, I would say the person you could compare with him right now is Nainggolan. I’ve only seen bits and pieces but he does look accomplished but can’t really conduct a real strong opinion on his qualities. Guess if he was close to a Barca move he can’t be half bad.

Yeah defo mate, seen a few you tube clips and he looks decent, obviously with you tube you can't really gauge to much, remember watching Oberton on you tube and thinking he was the next Ronaldo haha

Yeah looks the type we need, good going forward but loves a tackle as well, would do me mate

Be quality if we got another player in this window,especially a decent box to box midfielder.

yeah, I still wonder why we didn't get Matuidi- cheap.

Don't really know this fella so I say throw 100m at Kroos :D

Doesn't look like it'll happen in January the original tweet states the summer move is the one being discussed.

Barca probably out of the picture now they've got Coutinho & Paulinho in it's unlikely they'll go for another midfielder.

Utd are a big player in the transfer market again and I think we can blow anyone out of the water when it comes to wages for players so we should be able to attract players more easily. Obviously we'd prefer to be sitting on top like we were and keeping costs down but we're chasing now and City will be the number 1 choice for players coming to England, the tables there sadly have turned. However, like City 10 years ago when they won the football lottery we can go further with wages because of our revenue which can be what turns the table in our favour in some deals.

City owners might be soveiregn wealth but FFP is still a thing and that means they can't just pump in unlimited cash without justifying it somehow which has been a problem for them, Utd's money is self generated so in theory we can spend a lot more than them as we don't need to cook the books with over valued sponsorship deals.

Interesting... So who's going to be doing their transfer business at this stage? That feels like a risk.

The director of football and head of recruitment will be doing all transfer dealings going forward their new manager will be a first team coach rather than a manager. Think they've made that pretty clear with how things have been restructured over the last 12 months.

Given they're not in the CL I'd be surprised if they get him this is a guy who was going to Barca last summer so you have to assume other clubs will be in again.

You would imagine that the player will be reluctant to sign until he knows who the coach is going to be.

The director of football and head of recruitment will be doing all transfer dealings going forward their new manager will be a first team coach rather than a manager. Think they've made that pretty clear with how things have been restructured over the last 12 months.
Fair enough. I mean you're talking to someone who here who couldn't tell you who was relegated and who finished in the top 4 before City and United. I don't follow general soccer.

He was very close to joining Barcelona last summer deal collapsed due to a dispute over a release clause in his contract.... has just signed for Fulham today.

Seems a strange one that as from what I've seen reported he had a decent season with Nice last year, wasn't as good as the previous year but still good.

Yeah a bit strange this one but I guess if you’re insistent to leave and there isn’t much interest you’ve got to go wherever. Fulham wasn’t his first choice no doubt but it could be a great stepping stone to be noticed by the bigger teams like Kante was.

You never know what's been agreed could be that Fulham agreed to release clauses or sell on clauses or whatever that other clubs weren't prepared to entertain.

Be interesting to see how he does less pressure on him by moving to I'm sure if he impresses in 12 months time Fulham could get twice what they paid for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back