Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javier Hernandez

Chicharito looks nervous when SAF gives him his hand :D

Manchester United kid Javier Hernandez finds feet in a flash
By CHRIS WHEELER on tour with Manchester United in Houston
Last updated at 10:01 PM on 29th July 2010
Deep in the heart of Houston's Reliant Stadium, Javier Hernandez emerged to an explosion of flashbulbs as the assembled media surged forward to get closer to the young Mexico striker.
The man they call Chicharito was not fazed.
article-1298801-0A9BFF3B000005DC-364_468x411.jpg

Quick of the mark: Javier Hernandez scores his first goal for Manchester United
He moved past the cameras and microphones, stopping every few yards to speak in Spanish and then disappeared with a turn of pace and air of confidence he had displayed half an hour earlier when scoring in his first game for Manchester United.
Sir Alex Ferguson claims that a player he signed for £7million from Chivas would have cost considerably more after his performances at the World Cup.
One of the statistics in South Africa showed that Hernandez was the fastest player in the tournament. Maybe they should have called him Runner Bean instead of Little Pea.
The boy from Guadalajara certainly did not hang around when Darren Fletcher lofted a ball into space in the 84th minute of United's 5-2 win over the MLS All-Stars.
article-1298801-0A9F2EF6000005DC-766_468x341.jpg

Hernandez timed his run to perfection to stay onside. He was level with the last man when Fletcher passed but was 30 yards clear when it landed. The 22-year-old showed not a hint of nerves, letting it bounce before lobbing Nick Rimando.
It remains to be seen how much Ferguson uses his new signing this season, but the United manager was left in no doubt that Hernandez's pace will prove to be a potent weapon in the Barclays Premier League in years to come.
article-1298801-0A9C0994000005DC-894_306x460.jpg

Words of advise: Ferguson is encouraged by Hernandez's start
Ferguson said: 'The one thing that defenders always worry about is players with speed, players who will get into the space behind them.
'His goal gave an indication of that speed. The timing of his run, coming towards the ball and then spinning, shows he's going to be a threat to defenders.
'How the combination with Wayne will work, I think we will need to adjust a little bit because I think they could be similar types of players.
'At the moment we will assess Hernandez and try to bring him to a consistent level of form. Once he gets used to our training I think he will be okay.'
Hernandez received the biggest cheer from the Hispanic fans in a crowd of 70,728 when he replaced Nani in the 63rd minute.
His next game will attract even more attention as United round off their tour against Chivas in Guadalajara, where he will play one half for each side.
He said: 'I'm living a dream, I feel good and I'm going to work hard.'
article-1298801-0A9C0B60000005DC-864_468x286.jpg

Making a point: Hernandez thanks his fans in Houston, flanked by United veteran Paul Scholes and defender Jonny Evans
United added weight to Ferguson's argument that his new generation are ready to make the step up with Federico Macheda scoring twice - the first after 22 seconds - and Darron Gibson and Tom Cleverley adding fine goals

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0v6wSNprc

From FIFA, the 15 fastest players (in km/h)
1 Javier HERNANDEZ 32.15
2 Avraam PAPADOPOULOS 31.57
3 Jesus NAVAS 31.50
4 Konstantinos KATSOURANIS 31.50
5 Lukas PODOLSKI 31.50
6 Edson BRAAFHEID 31.50
7 Victor OBINNA 31.10
8 Gonzalo HIGUAIN 30.93
9 Arjen ROBBEN 30.88
10 FELIPE MELO 30.75
11 Landon DONOVAN 30.31
12 Dimitrios SALPINGIDIS 30.26
13 Yuto NAGATOMO 30.13
14 Robbie FINDLEY 30.13
15 Eric CHOUPO MOTING 30.13

To be fair to The Daily Mail there one was fastest Prem players in the World Cup, the one posted above here is overall fastest players. Chicharito is the only Prem player on the overall list.

Fergie talked about Chicha working on his upper body strength today in his post match interview, noticeable today. He's starting to adapt to the Prem now.

I want to see the thread when we signed him. Who saw this lad coming this far, pre world cup? I think I said he'll only play League Cup games or something like that. Even after the World Cup, I only saw him as 4th choice behind Owen, Owen is 5th choice it seems now.

I'm sure even Chicharito would struggle on his own upfront. Criticism of Kiko is harsh. Same people were saying he's going to be World Class after his assist for Chicha in Valencia. Just be patient. He's only 19.

Chicha was class though, he's getting better and better, he's putting extra mins in on the training field and it's paying off. He's adapting to the physical nature of the Prem pretty quickly too.

He strikes me as an intelligent footballer, he's got a footballing brain, when we were winning the other night he got the ball and instead of running at the opposition and risking giving the ball away, he just turned around and played the ball back to midfield and from there we kept possession, he doesn't do things that are un-needed when we are winning. He did the same thing yesterday. I think had it been Nani he would have ran at the defence and risked it.

I loved that I read today about him saying he doesn't play for the money, it's not how he was brought up, but to love the shirt he's playing for and love football.
Some footballers would need to take a leaf out of his book! (eh, Rooney?)

Hope SAF starts with Hernandez and Macheda (Berbatov if fit).
I think Hernandez will tear Toure and Kompany apart. But he needs someone upfront to help him.

7 from 7 starts and 7 sub apps (I believe). Even better. Hope he can continue, seemingly better off the bench at the moment, what do we think?

If he hits 20 this season, next season and the season after should be interesting as he's still got a lot to improve on and still got a bit of adapting too.

considering the difference in the level of the Mexican league and EPL, he's done fantastic this season. the thing is he doesn't need the rest of the team to get used to his play, he's just magnetically turning up where the ball might land. great anticipation in the box, he's like Ole in the box, right place at the right time, and a excellent finisher

his knowledge of English has helped him settle fast, and he's a pretty nice guy to get along with i think, should have helped him settle in really quick!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lol.

JAVIER HERNANDEZ is begging fans not to call him the new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer just yet.

Manchester United’s 22-year-old Mexican hotshot has the same eye for goal as 1999 Champions League final hero Solskjaer, who is quitting as reserve team boss at Old Trafford next year to manage Molde in his native Norway.

Hernandez said: “I know what Ole did for United and all the lads and fans see him as a legend. One day I would like to be compared to him, but I must earn that honour. I have only been here a short time. I must keep working hard, play games and score many goals before they can say I’m anything like Solskjaer.

“When you want to be a great player you have to achieve things over many years. I want to play all of the time, but that is normal. I must keep trying to show that I am ready and then I must respect what the manager wants.”

Don’t call me the new Solskjaer, says Manchester United whizkid Javier Hernandez - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

This kid is very good in the media, says the right things every time.

I honestly thought the Chicharito was the ONLY player last night against West Ham that was actually trying despite having a thankless job up front with a shocking midfield behind him. I'm not saying he had a great game by any means, but he put in the effort at least.
The guy not only has tremendous talent, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and WILL be a United superstar in the years to come.

Always comes across as a very nice and polite person.

Not the biggest fan of starting Chicharito in the big games such as today. Prefer if he's brought on as an impact sub in such games

Fresh for Liverpool and Marseille now. Think we should have started him last night and brought Chicha on, although it's easy to say that now, looking back.

I was too gripped by the game and enraged to take note of anything tactical.

Javier Hernandez set for pay rise at Manchester United | The Sun |Sport|Football

JAVIER HERNANDEZ is set to scoop £1million a year as a reward for his sensational debut season with Manchester United.

The Mexican hitman is among the lower earners at Old Trafford, picking up around £30,000 a week before bonuses.

But the man known as Chicharito has played such a crucial role in United's quest for a record 19th title that the club's paymasters are ready to recognise his importance to the side.

That will boost his pay to around £50,000 a week, with more to come if his success continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back