January Departures?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Do we think we will see anyone leave the club in January.

Ighalo's loan will end and he will go back to China.

Romero apparently had a deal to go to Valencia but that's fallen through.

Players who could be sold/loaned out in January.
Romero
Fosu-Mensah
Rojo
Jones
Lingard

Fair to say these 5 could leave in January and not have any impact on Utd they are all clearly surplus to requirements at the club on contracts that are running down.

Southampton are apparently going to ask for Brandon Williams on loan in January.

They were close to a loan deal in the summer.

Unless he's going to be a starter not sure what he'll get from being on loan as realistically how many games would he play for them as cover for their starting full backs?

I don't think it's a good idea for him to go there. He doesn't get in the team ahead of KWP or Bertrand so what's the point?

Guess it depends on do they see him as a left back or will he transition to a right back? If he stays here as a left back only he will hardly play with Shaw and Telles.

Even as a right back it seems like Fosu-Mensah is ahead of him.

I see Phill Jones has been Added to our Squad , Absolutely shocking , you can’t tell me Ole said I do t want to try to sign anyone just put jonesy back in he wasn’t good enough before but he will be better this time.

I see Phill Jones has been Added to our Squad , Absolutely shocking , you can’t tell me Ole said I do t want to try to sign anyone just put jonesy back in he wasn’t good enough before but he will be better this time.

No harm having him in the squad now we’ve made some space with a few players leaving.

Unless we suffer injuries and by some miracle Jones is fit he won’t play.

We were never going to sign a centre back in January.

Phil Jones wasn't in our squad? Hadn't even thought about that.

I'm a little surprised we didn't extend Ighalo's contract. I thought he did pretty well every time he played. He and Cavani are the only actual CFs we had, so letting him go seems like a strange decision.

I think if the club knew Cavani was coming he'd have gone back to China in the summer he's contributed almost nothing since the lockdown which came at a really bad time for him as he'd really got off to a flier. He's on a lot of money and I don't really see the point in keeping him around for any longer.

It was fun while it lasted with him but it's only right he goes back to China we've got Cavani, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood who can all play in his position and would all likely be picked in that spot before Ighalo.

Sort of as expected really Utd weren't able to get any serious business done to get players out the door so still some hard work to do in the summer lets not forget Periera and Dalot will very likely be returning from loan as well so Ole's still got his hands full cutting down the squad.

This summer I think he's got to add Mata and possible even Matic to the potential out pile as well.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back