Winger but after that half... i'm not sure, how can you not use him upfront? Quick, good movement, great finishing with his left foot.

James Wilson - is he a winger or striker?

Hard to know really. He's a lethal finisher but he's equally effective out wide, his dribbling and crossing is very good. Watching him run with the ball he's very reminiscent of another player formerly known as Wilson... Watching videos of Giggs at youth level there's a lot of similarities - tremendous balance and changing direction at pace. Wilson's a great prospect. Unlike many others he has end product to go with the skill.

After Ravel, think it's a good idea not to get too carried away. Signs are good though.

Brilliant news. His finishing is already better than some Prem footballers. Will be interesting to follow his development.

Personally think Wilson is better at this age than Keane was. Both very good prospects though.

Wilson's goal v Arsenal

i4wUutpv7w1bo.gif

Super goal. Were it not for lack of striking options at under 18's he'd definitely be with the 21's now.

1st and 2nd touch absolutely brilliant. Hard to believe sometimes that he's only 17.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Being fast tracked like Adnan was last season? Is he 18 yet? I can't remember. Class finisher.

Turned 18 last Sunday.

I think he's at a similar level ability wise to Adnan at the same stage but whether he'll make a similar impact at first team level will be down to the mental side of things, Adnan doesn't seemed fazed by anthing. To be fair to Wilson he's been playing ahead of his age group for a few years without it fazing him so you'd like to think he can rise to it.

Wilson has been added to the Champions League B list and given the shirt number 46.

Quite a few are saying he should get an apperance in the league. Would people have a problem with this?

Has Wilson the potential to be better than W.Keane? Or perhaps he is already better?

You always want to see kids getting a chance, but perhaps there's too much riding on the rest of our season for Moyes to allow that. Or, perhaps it's exactly the right time to blood a few youth team/reserve gems. He took his goals against Wolves fantastically

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back