Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons
James Wilson | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
James Wilson | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Friendly: Wigan Athletic 0-2 Manchester United - 16th July 2016

How did he get on yesterday? And does yesterday tip the balance in favour of Keane? I know it's one game but I do think one of Wilson or Keane stays whilst the other goes.

Wilson struggled I thought, just didn't look sharp. Don't think either will be in the squad next season. Wilson hopefully on loan, while Keane might leave permanently as it's probably time he went and played week in week out.

But why would Wilson go on loan with Keane leaving? Personally I don't think either will be good enough but why would Wilson seemingly have the edge.

I think Wilson has the bigger potential. Lot of pace and finishing is top class. He's struggled with physicality of senior football so far and has had a lot of niggly injuries which have limited his game time. Think he could be one who if he develops physically could be very good.

Without that long term injury, I think Keane could have been much better, he's a more complete striker than Wilson, he's ready for first team football.

I can't see him making it here, he doesn't seem to impose himself especially as a CF.

Agreed and I've never really seen what the huge fuss was about. He looks like a player who will have a good career maybe in the Championship but not at the very top. He had a very good goal record for the under 21s but the step is up huge... And there's nothing I see as truly stand out that would set him apart from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back