James Rodriguez at Everton 2020/21

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Looks like he's off to Everton which seems strange when they already have Siggurdson but then Everton are a strange club when it comes to signings.

He's worked with Ancelotti before so that might help.

Permanent transfer on a 3 year deal according to reports.

Ancelotti doesn’t like Sigurdson he wasn’t even starting for them at the back end of the season. Fans have had enough of him too.

I think this is a great signing for Everton and I'm slightly surprised he has gone there tbh. For the sake of £30m pocket change he'd be a great Und edition. We don't really need him as he is more of a no.10 but what back up he would be!

I think this is a great signing for Everton and I'm slightly surprised he has gone there tbh. For the sake of £30m pocket change he'd be a great Und edition. We don't really need him as he is more of a no.10 but what back up he would be!

Are you basing this opinion on 2020 James of 2014 James?

Crazy to think he's been at Madrid for 6 seasons now (although he spent 2 years on loan at Bayern)

Was a hell of a player back in 2014 but Madrid was the wrong move for him at the time and his career went down the pan really he's won a lot of stuff but as a squad player rather than a major contributor back in 2014 he looked like he was going to become a world superstar

Well he was in a team of superstars with lots of options at no.10. Whether its based on 2020 or 2014 he would still be great back up. Who would you rather have on the bench, James Rodriguez or one from Pereira, Lingard, Mata or Lingard to choose from? No brainer.

It is a no brainer you take Mata because he doesn't cost you £20m plus god knows how much in wages given we already have Bruno, Pogba and now Van De Beek as attacking midfield options signing this guy makes absolutely no sense.

Come on, that's a ridiculous argument.

How many of us would want to see Mata rather than James Rodiguez on the pitch at OT for the sake of £20m?? Mata will be on high wages anyway.

£20m and double what Mata earns? For a guy who would be the backup to Bruno?

I don't really have much desire to watch Mata play for us anymore but it's still less than wanting to see James.

He just stinks of Falcao & Schweinstieger some washed up superstar on mega bucks who's dining out on a reputation from years ago.

James would be a Mourinho type of signing: the player is in the twilight of their career, good for 2 - 3 more seasons max, with at least one of those 3 seasons having the player on the medical table.

James would be a Mourinho type of signing: the player is in the twilight of their career, good for 2 - 3 more seasons max, with at least one of those 3 seasons having the player on the medical table.
Not even sure he’s good for 2-3 more seasons. Not sure he’s really done anything since the WC where he first stood out for Colombia. Had some big moves but don’t think he ever really lit up anywhere. Could very well smash it for Everton but wouldn’t want him here.

Not even sure he’s good for 2-3 more seasons. Not sure he’s really done anything since the WC where he first stood out for Colombia. Had some big moves but don’t think he ever really lit up anywhere. Could very well smash it for Everton but wouldn’t want him here.
He's better than what we currently have, but just barely. I hope we are looking at other options, not just Sancho.

Completed his move to Everton. This will probably be the most intriguing signing of the summer.

Be interesting to see what he’s still got in the locker.

Not that I particularly like Everton but I hope he turns up with the right attitude and focus.

Yeah confirmed by his old club after they went to Real for money.

The deal apparently means if they sell him Madrid get a big chunk of any transfer fee.

Big wages but on a free he's worth it to Everton even if he stays one season and moves on for £30m they'll probably end up covering their costs.

Those that said he’s washed up and passed it are looking rather foolish.

Well after the last few years of doing nothing then you could be forgiven for thinking he was passed it.

He has done a great start and I guess he has looked good at clubs where he’s a big fish like Porto and Monaco.

As one of those I’m interested to see how long he keeps it up for as he’s made a great start.

I always liked James, very cultured...
...for whatever reason he didn’t get a fair shot at Real.
I most certainly blame Zidane, a huge failing on his part.
The club liked James, but wouldn’t upset Zidane.
I hope he does very well at Everton...

When they signed him they didn’t really need him they sold Di Maria who was an important cog in the side that won the CL then replaced him with a very different player who probably needs to play in the spot Bale had at the time.

Real Madrid unhappy with ZZ treatment of James after his Everton form.

Lets see if he can keep it up through the season.

Calvert Lewin must love having him in the team he just knows a good ball is coming in from wherever he is on the pitch.

And I got shot down for saying this....

Looks like he's off to Qatar.

Some people got very carried away after a few performances last season wonderfully talented player but goes missing all the time and clearly an absolute nightmare to manage.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back