James Garner

Sideshow Bob

James Garner has impressed when I've seen him play for the U18s this season.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He seems very mature for his age. He was formerly a centre back so it will be interesting to see where his long term position lies - he looks at home in midfield.

Pretty exciting to see Garner go on the pre-season tour. Not saying he’s about to break into the first team as he’s only 17 but I think it’s good reward for a class season with the U18’s. I wonder if McKenna has already had a little word in Jose’s ear about our promising youngsters.

Only seen him a couple of times but he seems very much Carrick-esque in his play. One to watch for the future no doubt.

Missed this bit of news. Very impressed by him last season, also see a bit of Carrick in him. Half our midfielders are at the World Cup so think there'll be a few bolters going, a few that might not be that known, heard Tosin Kehinde might be another going.

It will be tough for him what with our supposed midfield spending this summer but in terms of who I think has the ability to really make it far in the game, I would only put Garner behind Greenwood in those stakes.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back