Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I think my top offer would be 90.

He does ok for England, so I'm not sure he'll work out as bad as the other two

I think with Sancho, you are also paying for the potential that he’s going to become something really special. If we pay £100m and he goes onto to the best player in the world then it’ll be a snip. I think Dortmund would ultimately take about £90m in the end with a couple of hefty performance based clauses or something.

Would be happy to pay £90m but also wouldn’t be averse to throwing £60-70m at Barca for Dembele. I know they paid way more than that but it hasn’t really worked out for him so they may cut their losses.

I’m a bit apprehensive. The last two we got from them were Kagawa and Mihkytaryan whose stats were off the charts too. I’d be looking elsewhere at £115m - £70m is probably a fairer fee but they aren’t going to take that.

What other right wing options are there. If Barca have to sell what will they demand for Dembele?

I’m the same with Dortmund we’ve been burned twice buying players that just didn’t fit in the way we played but I do think Sancho is different as he looks the perfect fit on the right of our front 3.

Apparently we’ve enquired about Ansu Fati from Barca who I think plays right wing.

Can’t think of any prem players outside the big 6 who you could gamble on making that step up and I just don’t see enough european football these days to know the hidden gems.

I can see Utd being prepared to pay big but my guess is the fee will be split over many years and include a lot less guaranteed money and a lot more put against performance based bonuses.

Paying that crazy amount for a player like Salah makes sense because he's done it in the league in which we play. Sancho might be a generational talent, or he might not be. To me it's not so much how much he costs but what we are giving up in order to get him, as in, the pound figure only is relevant if it means we don't get two other targets or whatever. There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. Sancho's stats are great, but so are Memphis Depay's, and he's doing better now than before we bought him.

If it were the same amount of money for either Sancho or Harry Kane, who would you rather buy? Who is the highest goals and assist maker from the right wing? Instead of wondering if a player can make it in the Premier League, it seems more prudent to buy one who already has made it.

SuperRash mentioned Dembele, and I think it's similar: the hype gets everyone excited. I have heard so many different times that this player or that player is the new Messi and is a once-in-a-generation talent, but it has almost never lived up to the hype.

I'd rather they found 2 or 3 players with the commitment and ability of Bruno.

What planet are United on? Won't pay more than £50m? OK you won't get your man then.

I believe we offered to throw in Lingard too. So that should get it over the line.

It's all cat and mouse games Utd want to drive the price down Dortmund want to keep the price up but Utd will know Dortmund have budgeted for selling Sancho this summer, they've got young players ready to step up so it's just negotiation now. Somewhere between £50-100m is the right price but Utd will want a lot of the money above £50m to be performance related bonuses.

Dortmund hold a strong hand because he's under a long contract so unless they're under financial stress there's no urgency for them to sell so lets see how things play out.

If I was Utd I'd be trying to give them a player like Dalot as part of the deal

he's got 2 years left I think. It's not that long.

He peaked at that moment against Watford and hasn't been the same since.

He looked like he was going to turn a corner, then got caught up in his own hype with clothing range, logo's etc and it just went south.

It sounds like he's a few off field problems wince the world cup.

He's become a father and I don't think he's in a great relationship with the mother from what I've heard a one night stand gone wrong and I think it cost him his longer term partner as a result.

The world cup was his peak he had a great season for Utd that year and played well at the world cup but since then it's all gone to pot really confidence went through the floor like many players that season and he's never recovered.

A move might freshen him up but Dortmund have so many players of his type that adding him makes little to no sense unless it was a loan deal with option to buy but his wages would make him one of their top earners.

50m is surely a negotiating tactic. If Dortmund still want 120m+ then this is Woodward's laughable attempt to try and reduce to 80-90m.

50m is surely a negotiating tactic. If Dortmund still want 120m+ then this is Woodward's laughable attempt to try and reduce to 80-90m.

Welcome

If Dortmund still want those sort of fees Utd might be well advised to walk away and play the waiting game go back in January or even next summer when that contract runs down.

How many £100m plus transfer deals can you actually say have been a success?

Welcome

If Dortmund still want those sort of fees Utd might be well advised to walk away and play the waiting game go back in January or even next summer when that contract runs down.

How many £100m plus transfer deals can you actually say have been a success?

Yeah not many, especially not Barca's attempts with Coutinho/Dembele :rolleyes:

The problem with us playing the waiting game, is it usually comes back to back to cost us i.e Felliani and even recently with Bruno Fernandes (I remember reading the chairman saying he was available for much cheaper to Spurs or something along those lines.)

But yeah, lets see how it pans out.

You can only spend what you've got Utd are looking at 9-12 months of no gate revenue if the fans are locked out of grounds until Xmas unless they have insurance that kicks in to pay those bills the club is facing a big drop in revenue and the debts on the club are already massive so borrowing more probably isn't an option.

It looks like Liverpool had to scrap their plans to by Werner this summer even at a pretty cheap price because of Covid, Utd might have talked a good game in terms of finances but given how hard it is for us to sell our players now we might not have as much to spend this summer as planned.

I think most clubs will try and hold on to players that they were maybe hoping to sell for 1 more year and hope the market recovers but Dortmund only have 2 years left on Sancho's contract so his value could really drop if he stays 1 more year. Also, the player seems pretty determined to move back to England so they might just have to suck it up and lower the price I don't think they'd want an unhappy player in the squad as it's not good for morale.

Yeah fair points, it might all result in less than normal transfers occurring.

We might be a similar situation with Pogba, if he chooses not to extend too.

I don't think they get their man this summer. I think Dortmund will hold tight and United won't offer enough.

Just seen pictures of him on the beach, doesn't look the fittist footballer I've seen :rolleyes:

I don't think they get their man this summer. I think Dortmund will hold tight and United won't offer enough.

We can't and surely won't wait for a year to sign a RF? We can't go another season with a sub standard player in that position.

Got to get CL football to make the big signings in my opinion if we miss the CL there's no way the club is shelling out big sums on players this summer.

yeah agreed, which is why we defo need to get top 4, and then look to making our transfers. Having said that, we have been quite late when securing signings so hopefully once we clinch top 4, we are able to move fast like Chelsea have done.

yeah agreed, which is why we defo need to get top 4, and then look to making our transfers. Having said that, we have been quite late when securing signings so hopefully once we clinch top 4, we are able to move fast like Chelsea have done.

Think Chelsea moved quick because FFP was relaxed for a year and with their owner they can swallow losses whereas to Utd any losses mean further growth of the debt bill which is still ridiculously high after 15 years of these pests as owners.

Given how quickly things will restart teams will need to move quick as soon as the season is done I expect a lot of things to start moving.

First bid rejected according to reports in Germany.

Deal worth up to €98m

All parties expect deal to happen just a case of sorting out the fee and how it’s structured.

Not like Utd to put in a bid on the first day of the transfer window. We usually leave it to the last day

Think it’s in the bag to be honest. Just got to structure the deal, no doubt it’ll drag on but I suspect eventually it’ll get over the line.

Cant see this deal not happening to be honest, hopefully its wrapped up earlier than others like Maguire and Bruno ,but this is United were talking about so it wont happen will it.

Been discredited by a few of the English journalists so who knows what’s going on.

He’s due back for pre season training with Dortmund on Thursday my guess is everyone would prefer a quick deal but think Utd will take their time try and drive the price down a bit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

According to some media fools he now wants Liverpool as he feels he can win more there. Dortmund tactics maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back