Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think this is the signing i'd be pushing most to make happen in the summer. The right wing spot is a real weakness in our starting 11. He could run that wing for years and the left and right wing would both be dangerous giving us a lot more balance if we could genuinely attack teams down both wings. Look at the difference it made having a firing James at the start of the season. This is the biggest improvement in the starting 11 we could make.

Sancho on the right and Rashford on the left, jeez thats a nightmare for any back line.

Both english aswell which is good to see.

The thought of a front line of Sancho, Rashford and Martial with Fernandes (and Pogba?) supplying them would be a frightening prospect for any team playing us. I would pay whatever Dortmund want to be honest - this is the guy that could play for us for 10-15 years.

I can't see him coming to us if it's true Liverpool are interested. And we would need CL.

Goal scoring wingers are so important in the modern game. He's got 17 already this season. Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right would surely mean a lot of goals. Still only 19 as well, would love to see him at United.

Don't see Liverpool paying over £100m for a player unless Salah leaves they don't have a starting spot for him.

Chelsea seem to be the one we are fighting against from a PL point of view.

City maybe if they sell Sane might try and bring him back as they need more wide options.

Arsenal no chance based on budget.

On the continent could see Barca/Madrid/PSG being interested in him as they'll all be looking to reinforce front lines this summer.

Pretty much all media outlets reporting positively that we are strong favourites for his signature in the summer.
Here’s hoping.

Think with everything that's going on not sure I can see any club making £100m + signings this summer unless Dortmund are prepared to drop the price can't see Utd making a move like this until they know for sure when new seasons will start.

Always kind of felt with this one it really depended on us getting back into the CL just couldn't see Utd signing spending that sort of money if they were faced with the Europa league for the second season in a row.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think if were hoping to use some of the money from selling Pogba to buy Sancho, we are going to be disappointed. At this point I'd think we would have to trigger Pogba's year extension to prevent him from leaving for free. Reinforcing with Sancho, Bellingham, DeLigt, and Big Bird is just not going to be feasible. I'd suggest we're signing no one because all of the clubs are facing a massive shortage of cash, with several of them probably on the brink of financial ruin.

I’d be shocked at many coming it but I think we’ll get the Sancho deal done.

Pogba is going nowhere, Covid has really knocked Juve's finances apparantly.

I think we'll go for Sancho and hopefully Kane.

Yeah they’re talking above having to move on Ronaldo because of being unable to pay his wages

Pogba is going nowhere, Covid has really knocked Juve's finances apparantly.

I think we'll go for Sancho and hopefully Kane.
Your in dreamland Mr C. The idea that we could spend what would likely be a minimum 250 million on two players without any substantial incomings from Pogba is ludicrous.
Besides, as good as Kane is I'm not convinced he is the right fit for the sort of rebuild we are undertaking. Apparently Spurs have just put a 200m price on him but it is being reported he would go for around 150m.
There is not a hope in hell United would pay that and neither should they.

Think most clubs are going to be in a spot of bother especially if leagues don’t finish.

Broadcasters will need refunds
Fans will need refunds on season tickets that don’t get completed
Lost revenue from tickets that hadn’t been sold yet.
No prize money etc.

Currently clubs are in talks with players about sacrificing wages.

When the transfer window does eventually re-open I just can’t see these big deals happening clubs won’t have the cash and I don’t see banks lending them money on short term loans either.

I doubt utd have huge chunks of cash sitting in the bank accounts the clubs that do will be in a very strong position to strengthen.

Keep in mind that United's valuation is/was tied to their stock market share value, and the stock market as we know it is dead and gone. The Glazers have probably lost over half of their wealth, whoosh, it's gone. There will be no money coming in, the TV and licensing money is frozen, the clubs still have to pay their players, and they are getting nothing in. There will be no new signings, Pogba gets his extension triggered, and we hopefully get to finish this season sometime in 2021.

That is a pessimistic view but I think it's what's going to happen. I don't know where you all are based but I think the news in the UK has been different concerning the Covid19 than it has been here in the USA. Now that our gov't is finally on board the idea that this is not a seasonal flu or the common cold, we/they are realizing it's much too late, and the new "best case scenario" I read was 200,000 dead in the USA. And keep in mind that we started social distancing long before the UK did. The numbers of dead are going to be staggering. The world economy will be in flames. Sport is not going to just bounce back like nothing happened.

Please I hope I'm wrong about all that!!!

There is no way this season finishes in 2021. If this isn’t done by the end of July this season is done.

Think most clubs are going to be in a spot of bother especially if leagues don’t finish.

Broadcasters will need refunds
Fans will need refunds on season tickets that don’t get completed
Lost revenue from tickets that hadn’t been sold yet.
No prize money etc.

Currently clubs are in talks with players about sacrificing wages.

When the transfer window does eventually re-open I just can’t see these big deals happening clubs won’t have the cash and I don’t see banks lending them money on short term loans either.

I doubt utd have huge chunks of cash sitting in the bank accounts the clubs that do will be in a very strong position to strengthen.

This is why transfers will still happen. They just wont be for the prices people usually talk. Clubs need the injection of cash so need to sell to keep afloat.

There is no way this season finishes in 2021. If this isn’t done by the end of July this season is done.
Actually, there is every way the season ends in 2021, or at least much later than the scheduled start of next season. There are discussions about truncating the 2020-21 season, pundits are saying owners and players want to play out the remaining 9 or 10 matches of this season, even if it means playing them a long time from now. That will also involve a period of letting the players get back up to speed and match fit. Call that 3 weeks, plus the 10 matches, or roughly 13 weeks. The ban on playing matches is not going to be lifted before the end of summer, and that likely means we wouldn't have the end of the season until early 2021.

I think that's the only fair way to do things. With promotion and relegation the season can't just be voided.

There is absolutely no way the season continues after July 17th. This seasons games are done for TV after that and next years TV games come in to question. That means more lost money and revenue.

Teams will have to write off the money lost this season but there is no way they’re going to want to continue adding losses from next season in to it for the sake of clearing up this season.

to play any Sport before there is a vaccine or cure is just irresponsible. I can't see much happening this year.

Why should 22 players risk their lives mixing with eachother so Sky Sports can earn some wedge.

I think this season will eventually be lost in the realms of time. It’s going to be harsh on a lot of teams but I think there will be no promotions or relegations. I guess then they will revert back to the season before in terms of who gets into Europe. It’s a nightmare but this is a unique situation and got to roll with the punches really.

This is why transfers will still happen. They just wont be for the prices people usually talk. Clubs need the injection of cash so need to sell to keep afloat.

Yeah 100% like I said the man with cash is king in this market if your club has money in its bank accounts you are prime for picking up bargains. However, these clubs normally rely on being able to move players out at good fees that Avenue will surely be gone.

Heard a stat last summer only 35% of all moves were permanent transfers involving a transfer fee. That means 2 out of 3 deals done now are loans or free transfers that to me suggests a lot of clubs were already financially distressed so this will have made it much worse.

I think Dortmund may stand strong and hold on to him for another season hoping the market recovers as they can get back up over the 100m mark.

unless they need the wedge

Hopefully united is run properly financially, which being run by business men it should be

The stocks might be low now, but they will pick up.

unless they need the wedge

Hopefully united is run properly financially, which being run by business men it should be

The stocks might be low now, but they will pick up.

I’d be surprised if they do but you never know and we don’t know how hard the pinch will be felt by clubs post corona.

Are the TV companies going to demand refunds or looks to reduce cost for future seasons to me that sounds inevitable if the leagues don’t finish, will it be the same for sponsors as well?

The fans will need refunds for the season tickets if games aren’t played.

The profit margins at clubs is wafer thin and most operate at losses if your owners seen huge chunks of their personal wealth wiped out they might not want to be signing off big cheques every month anymore.

The German clubs will probably be alright they’re fan owned so chances are finances are kept pretty well in check especially a club like Dortmund that 15 years ago pretty much went bust.

Who knows what sort of shape Utd will be in when we get on the other side those debts that were manageable could become a huge burden if football takes a hit.

I think Jadon is in the bag. I don't normally get carried away with media reports but there does appear to be unity and belief in this one.

Would be amazing if we got him everything we’ve needed on the right side of our attack since the decline of Nani/Valencia in 2011.

That right side has been an issue that no manager has got close to solving.

I'm not sure this will happen, Dortmund still want 115m, don't think we'll pay that.

I'm not sure this will happen, Dortmund still want 115m, don't think we'll pay that.
We should pay the but yeah I do agree I don't think we will and so I don't think this one is going to go ahead. Shame.

I know the German league is good but the defending isn't great in the Bundesliga and he plays in a hyper attacking setup so his stats are off the charts.

I do think he's the right man for what we need but there's no way we can pay £100m plus for one player in this market so if Dortmund stick to their guns and I think they will it probably won't happen this summer.

I don't think he's desperate to join Utd anyway despite all the talk we're one of a number of clubs in the market for him but I'd be surprised if we were his first choice given where we are right now.

I’m a bit apprehensive. The last two we got from them were Kagawa and Mihkytaryan whose stats were off the charts too. I’d be looking elsewhere at £115m - £70m is probably a fairer fee but they aren’t going to take that.

What other right wing options are there. If Barca have to sell what will they demand for Dembele?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back