Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that end...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why do I even bother anymore?

Just don’t pay any serious attention to transfers until all the journalists are telling the same story online at that point you know it’s on.

Bet twitter is going wild this guy must have called it a done deal about 10 times last summer the transfer junkies hang on his every word.

Dortmund apparently have set another deadline near end of July to get a deal done basically the deadline is the start of their training camp.

95m euro to me still sounds way over the top to me but prices and prices and Utd need to make the big decision on this one and either go all in for him or walk away as it can't keep dragging on.

He's still got 2 years on his deal so they can afford to drive a hard bargain and why shouldn't they.

I was reading the other day they are happy to deal at 80m

Feels like last summer all over again!

Hope we get this over the line quickly so it doesn’t drag on! I think at £80m it’s a good deal because he has high ceiling potential.

Could just be one number is pounds the other is euros.

See all sorts of stuff like Dortmund want all the money in one go not paid in installments and they aren't willing to listen negotiate on parts of the fee being performance related etc.

Given their policy is buy young, develop and then sell high they need to be hard negotiators as what happens next summer if we go back for Bellingham or another player?

Seem to remember them being hard to deal with over Kagawa and Mkhitaryan when it came to the fee.

Gotta wait for the 'Here we go' from Romano before losing the run of yourself. If personal terms are agreed and we're serious, then get it done quickly. You can negotiate with Dortmund during the Euros. This cannot drag on as per usual.

Just don't think it was ever on the cards last year when they set the price where they did Utd were never going to pay it but as per usual they can't stop the rumours.

Sounds like there is just a little negotiating to do on price and it’ll be done and dusted.

I'd leave him where he is for now, CH + CF are our main positions of weakness that need immediate attention.

F@ckwith Woodward at it again - bidding £7.50 plus a free six month subscription to MUTV. just pay the asking price and then get the hell out the club you massive dick

Mixed reports again some reporting a bid was rejected yesterday others saying no bids made yet.

Utd according to the reports have had a £67m bid rejected the bid was structured with payments over the next 5 season.

Dortmund according to these reports want £77.5m plus £4.5m bonuses and fee paid over 4 seasons.

If the reported figures are true them you would imagine a deal at this point can be reached as we are not worlds apart on the fee but I must stress if this is true.

Mixed reports again some reporting a bid was rejected yesterday others saying no bids made yet.

Utd according to the reports have had a £67m bid rejected the bid was structured with payments over the next 5 season.

Dortmund according to these reports want £77.5m plus £4.5m bonuses and fee paid over 4 seasons.

If the reported figures are true them you would imagine a deal at this point can be reached as we are not worlds apart on the fee but I must stress if this is true.
this seems to be from "sensible" newspapers originally. Woodward still thinking he's this great negotiator...

this seems to be from "sensible" newspapers originally. Woodward still thinking he's this great negotiator...

You must be a salesmans dream mate just pay the price I tell you don't even bother trying to beat him down on the price.

Negotiation is part of business and given Woodward has resigned and is due to leave soon I doubt Woodward is anywhere near these deals anymore if he ever was in the first place.

If bids are actually going in and we're only about £10m apart then you'd imagine a common ground can be found and a deal reached.

Skysports reporting we are £11m apart.

So 66% of De Gea's wages for a season.

Skysports reporting we are £11m apart.

So 66% of De Gea's wages for a season.

Or nearly 2% of last years turnover at the club.

I know these deals are paid over years but people talk like £11m to a club like Utd is nothing that is still a lot of money.

We're just over 10% apart on valuation according to the reports that sounds like a gap that can be closed to reach a settlement.

Who knows how many times did we hear of bids going in last summer that turned out to be nonsense?

It feels an easier deal to do this summer I think they're actually looking to sell and there's more time to get the deal done but we know Utd move slow in the market.

You must be a salesmans dream mate just pay the price I tell you don't even bother trying to beat him down on the price.

Negotiation is part of business and given Woodward has resigned and is due to leave soon I doubt Woodward is anywhere near these deals anymore if he ever was in the first place.

If bids are actually going in and we're only about £10m apart then you'd imagine a common ground can be found and a deal reached.
which is just what people said last year - and look what happened. Do you go into a shop, see a shirt for £25 and offer the bloke behind the counter a tenner?

which is just what people said last year - and look what happened. Do you go into a shop, see a shirt for £25 and offer the bloke behind the counter a tenner?

Having worked in a clothes shop you’d be surprised how many people do expect a discount especially if they’re making big purchases. We used to sell loads of designer gear so if someone was spending big and asked they’d normally get something off at the managers discretion. Also, if you prove that same shirt is available for £10 down the road plenty of stores will price match.

If you don’t ask you don’t get.

Last year we were miles apart on the fee they were at 120m and we were reported to be offering 80m now that they’ve dropped their reported asking price a deal is much more easily struck.

My job involves pricing but you have to recognise when people are taking the p*ss and be brave enough to walk away last summer Dortmund were very much taking the p*ss and Utd did the right thing walking away. The problem was plan B was to sign two kids rather than a first team ready player.

Or nearly 2% of last years turnover at the club.

I know these deals are paid over years but people talk like £11m to a club like Utd is nothing that is still a lot of money.

We're just over 10% apart on valuation according to the reports that sounds like a gap that can be closed to reach a settlement.
The point is (and by the way £11m isn't that much to a club like United, especially over four or five years) that this is always how we do business and if we p*ss around in the same way over more difficult targets (such as Kane) someone else wil. step in and pay the money. It wouldn't surprise me for a moment if that's how we lost Halaand last year

What? We "lost" Haaland over a release clause we didn't want
As for Sancho, we have no idea what's going on. For example I have read the difference is United want the bonuses on personal achievement and Dortmund want them on team achievement
You're just slagging the club for no reason at the moment, the window has been open less than a week and there is a tournament on
Nothing will happen for ages so it's paper shite

Once again talks are progressing but Dortmund aren't going to budge easily on their asking price. I can't blame Woodward for negotiating but he's got to realise that Dortmund play hard ball as they did last year. United need to get this deal wrapped up and move on to their next position.

am hearing we've matched Dortmund's asking price and final details being worked out

I always wonder how the details of the offer get published. Either the journo is making it up, which wouldn't be good for their credibility, or somebody is leaking confidential info, which wouldn't be good for negotiations or their standing/integrity within the football world or for their relationships with other clubs. Plus, who benefits from leaking the details of our bid? The only benefit I can see is if we're not bidding but we want to make it look like we tried but big bad Dortmund just wouldn't be reasonable, which I don't see happening here.

Don’t believe a word until I see him in a United shirt. It was close so many times last summer.
I don't think it was ever in close to being close to happening! They wanted a huge sum, Woodward offered a Mars bar and two months free MUTV

I always wonder how the details of the offer get published. Either the journo is making it up, which wouldn't be good for their credibility, or somebody is leaking confidential info, which wouldn't be good for negotiations or their standing/integrity within the football world or for their relationships with other clubs. Plus, who benefits from leaking the details of our bid? The only benefit I can see is if we're not bidding but we want to make it look like we tried but big bad Dortmund just wouldn't be reasonable, which I don't see happening here.

Any journalist that deals in transfers has no credibility.

The noise generally comes from agents talking to their contacts in the media but these people feed lies to these contacts so any journalist has to be very careful with what comes in.

Not a lot of fact checking going on in the transfer rumour industry sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back