Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you realistically fact check though? Like you said, people feed lies to their contacts in the press to suit their own purposes. There isn't a club contact who is realistically going to tell the honest truth if a journo rings and asks if it's true that their club bid X amount for Y player.

If it is the agent leaking the details (real or imagined) of our bid for Sancho, what do they hope to gain? Are they hoping to put the idea of some common ground into the heads of one club or the other (or both) to speed the deal along? It's not like United or Dortmund watch Sky to find out what the other side is thinking.

I don't think journos make stuff up, nor do I believe much of what I read/hear. Clubs and agents use the press to get their agendas out in public, and in turn, the press get 'exclusive' info they can use to drive clicks/views/subscribers etc., however I don't see who realistically benefits from leaking/spinning transfer bids/amounts.

That’s why I largely ignore transfer gossip because so much of it is fake news.

Do you mean David Hirst isn't coming

Dunno my uncles mate who drives a taxi just dropped him off at a hotel in town so I think it’s on this time.

I much preferred transfer gossip when it was this sort of stuff not fans on twitter following radars looking for private planes on the way to Manchester.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feels inevitable that we will just end up paying the asking price.

At these prices he’s going to have to be seriously good.

“Getting closer?” I don’t understand how these transfers work, but surely they’re not negotiating little by little over 3 months. As in, we offer X, they want Y, we add it to our to do list and eventually up our offer by 500k, they spend a week thinking it over and compromise by 500k until both sides reach an agreement in the middle somewhere.

You’d think it’s more analogous to buying a house where there’s a quick back and forth about price and chattels and dates and it’s done within a few days. Or I’m just naive.

“Getting closer?” I don’t understand how these transfers work, but surely they’re not negotiating little by little over 3 months. As in, we offer X, they want Y, we add it to our to do list and eventually up our offer by 500k, they spend a week thinking it over and compromise by 500k until both sides reach an agreement in the middle somewhere.

You’d think it’s more analogous to buying a house where there’s a quick back and forth about price and chattels and dates and it’s done within a few days. Or I’m just naive.

I think once a fee is agreed it then comes down to how it’s paid.

How much straight up, how much in instalments and how and when any bonus payments are made.

Lawyers on all sides then need to check all the contracts to make sure everything is all correct.

Sometimes with a house though you run up to your limit and they still say no so you look elsewhere before trying again and getting your offer accepted. Negotiations can be quick but sometimes they can take weeks as one parties valuation doesn’t match the other parties.

I feel with transfers things can move very slowly for a long time then suddenly it all moves quickly.

Heard another reporter saying it’s £73m with no add ons.

Sky going with £73m as well. Who cares really, it’s done early and without any fuss. I think he’s gonna provide balance and width on the right which we were sorely lacking last season. Also, Rashford can play on the left where he’s miles better.
Nice start Ed (or whomever). Now you’ve got plenty of time to get a DM and a CB.

Not going to lie the length of this deal sucked the excitement rite out of me just glad it’s over the line but let’s not kid ourselfs this is 2020 transfer window signing we now need atleast another 2 to go with it then bring on the PL season!

Great signing for United and a really exciting one. BBC claim Ole wants 4... A CB, CM and another attacking player which is interesting. Martial on his way perhaps?

Great signing for United and a really exciting one. BBC claim Ole wants 4... A CB, CM and another attacking player which is interesting. Martial on his way perhaps?
If that happened, we'd be right there in the thick of the title hunt. Ole wants 4, I think we'll be lucky to get another starting player. Get Varane, then bring Garner back from loan.

I'm still open minded on Sancho, you have to wonder why Gareth played a 19 year old ahead of him.

Most of the broadsheet newspapers are saying £73m plus £5m in ("difficult to agree") add-ons. So, the fee Dortmund asked for

I'm still open minded on Sancho, you have to wonder why Gareth played a 19 year old ahead of him.

Think Saka played well in one of the warm up games when Sancho didn't is my only reading of the situation.

I haven't seen huge amounts of Sancho but everyone who has seems to say he's brilliant so I'm kind of going with the crowd and I'm really excited by the signing.

Lets hope there are more to come to really give Ole the depth he needs to chase down City.

If that happened, we'd be right there in the thick of the title hunt. Ole wants 4, I think we'll be lucky to get another starting player. Get Varane, then bring Garner back from loan.
I would agree. I don't think he'll get 4. He'll be lucky to get 2 more good players.

I'm happy we got a right sided player, don't get me wrong, but I'm keeping an open mind as I've not seen enough of him. I imagine a lot of fans are going to over hype him because of his fee. I hope he doesn't let it all bother him.

Saka is better than Sancho defensively would be my guess. Also more versatile and would allow for an easy change of formation as he can go to full back.

Plus when was the last time Gareth had a chance to watch Sancho live. To a football manager seeing a player in the flesh is important and I think it probably has set Sancho and Bellingham back a bit that they've not been seen.

Just think for England he's not really had great games in and England shirt so that means he doesn't get picked for England until he takes one of the chances he gets he probably won't get put in the team.

So much competition for those two wide spots in this squad and all of them are really good players.

Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Mount each of them are really important players in good sides and when only 2 or 3 are going to start then it's easy to be the one who's left out.

It's a really nice problem for the England manager to have and unlike others Southgate has resisted the temptation to try and squeeze them all in.

Hopefully Bellingham follows the same path.

I can't believe there are some people not excited about this. This is the move i've wanted all along. When the talk was of Haaland i've wanted Sancho and keep getting Greenwood through the middle. We quite possibly have the most exciting (especially the potential to be) in world football once this deal is complete. This for me is up there with the excitement levels of when we signed Di Maria. That time it didn't work out but we've just brought in a very special player full of ability and fun. He's an edge of your seat player who you know has the ability to make something happen when he gets the ball.

One thing he has learnt at Dortmund though is to be more direct and to stop slowing play down I think undoubtedly heading there was good for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back