Jack Wilshere at West Ham United 2018/19

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Jack Wilshere joins West Ham on three-year deal

Think it's a great fit for where he is at right now he needed to get himself to a club where he can play every week and I think the new manager suits him as he wants his team to play but it's a big gamble by West Ham on his fitness.

Wow West Ham have signed someone they were linked to! Sweet Christmas!

Like you say jsp I think it’s a great fit. If he can play every week and perform well he can probably force his way back into England contention because we don’t have an abundance of central midfielders to choose from.

I don't think he'd fit Southgate's system to be honest as he can't really press the way Lingard & Alli do plus I get the impression Southgate doesn't really want the distraction of the big names if they're not starters hence why he didn't take him or Hart as squad players.

Wilshere just needs to get a club spot on merit again before he even thinks about playing for England, because even at Bournemouth when he was on loan by the end of the season he was out of the team.

I think if West Ham can be the team they were a couple of years ago then this is a great move for them and for Wilshere. When he's healthy and on form there's no England midfielder like him and I still think they could have benefited from having him there.

I get the reasons for not I just think it's a shame and its the one thing missing from this England squad.

I think the injury free thing is the key part though, you can't count on him. There are more and more technically gifted players being developed and they're being coached at St George's Park to play a certain way and I think Wilshere's time with England might be at an end unless he can miraculously turn it around by staying fit for a full season and performing well. I think he's got major competition in players like Lewis Cook, Winks, Chalobah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tom Davies. Went a bit under the radar but England won the Toulon Tournament again this summer. Cook and Ronaldo Vieira started in midfield for England in the final, it'll be interesting to see if England try and keep Ronaldo Vieira by bringing him in to the next squad, his twin brother plays for Guinea-Bissau but he's started most of the games in both Toulon wins now and they surely wouldn't keep picking him over someone else if they weren't keen on tying him to England.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back