Jack Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good prospect. I think it's ridiculous that we would give Carrick in exchange though. Carrick has more to offer at this particular stage in time. Rodwell will only offer us something good in about 2 years time. Rodwell has only just signed a contract extension too. One day maybe we will get him, don't think it will happen this season. I don't even know what his best position is. I've always thought that he was a bit of a defensive midfielder but he seems to get forward an awful lot.

The People talk about £ 20m bid. The Sun talk about £ 10M plus Carrick. Rodwell has signed a new contract with Everton 3 months ago. And made it clear that he was snubbing United to remain at Goodison Park. David Moyes has said that only sell him for £30M at least. The transfer window closes tomorrow. Do the Math. :D

I don't believe this. The papers based this story on his wikipedia page apparently. :lol: I've heard it all now.

I think right now as he's just signed a new contract he's worth a lot more than he will be in 2 years time though. He'll probably get more games at Everton too, I think he's made a very good decision by signing a new contract. Credit to the lad. Some kids see a big club and jump at it, Rodwell obviously just wants to play first team football at the moment.

He's a good player. He can play as defender as well. But he's much better playing in midfield. I see him more like a CM than a DM. DM. For this reason, I don't think he would be a Hargo's replacement. He's a good prospect. Overpriced, but good. A player to be watched and follow his development.

wonder if its time we give up on Hargo coming back, i think he won't be of much use even if he's fully fit again...too long out injured to be as good as he once was again??

Hargo unfortunately will never be the same. I doubt it. He has admitted he can no longer play without pain. 45 minutes at Reserves and 30 seconds against Sunderland. It's all he got in 2 Years.

Shortly before retiring, Ole also couldn't play without pain. And until he proves otherwise, I think Hargo's fate will be the same.

Hargo's role requires him to work a lot harder, continuous running for 90 mins. I don't think he has the stamina and in particular the knees to do so anymore.

yep, i agree.

I think he should gracefully retire, rather than try to make a comeback and maybe embarrass himself?

Bye bye Hargo, if we do sign the lad. Might see Hargo go to Everton on a pay as you play like Saha.

I don't think Tunnicliffe and Pogba will suffer too much. They'll go out on loan somewhere and may be ready to come in when a few of our current midfield have moved on.

Don't rule Gibson being part of the deal, ex Reds seem to prosper at Everton.

Don't love the thought, especially at that price. And to me, Rodwell is still unproven. Sure, he looks a bit of promise, but he's young and his career could go either way. I'd rather see us pay up for a more "experienced" CM, especially someone with some creativity, attacking flair and vision.

Yeah, he's uproven. In all honesty Rodwell hasn't really done it for the past while.

Rodwell will be a huge player i'm sure, he has the potential! As Moyes himself has agreed, Rodwell is't ready to play so much first team football but Everton don't have much options either so they have to play him every game.

Won't be the case at United!

Was his birthday yesterday. Not a bad birthday present, to be linked with us.

Don't think he does start every game, or maybe it just seems that way as he's been injured quite a bit. But when he is available he often comes on as a sub as far as i'm aware.

I think that's off late, but I remember Moyes saying so earlier in the season. He's playing a lot of football for someone so young!

Not sure how many of his appearances have been sub apps but he's made 21 appearances this season so far.

From what i've seen, he looks good but questions over injuries. Versatile though, big lad, great potential. We could really do without buying players with injury problems from now on.

Rodwell does indeed look promising - and I'd welcome his signing - but not at the expense of losing Welbeck. Rodwell is twenty now which makes me question his development as he is in and out of the Everton side whether through form or injury. I'd expect more so far from a player some seem happy to bin off Carrick to recruit. The versatility aspect is understandably highlighted but how many games has he actually played at centre back at a decent level and is he really any better than Smalling and Evans? Personally I'm more excited about Seamus Coleman who looks a hell of a player.

Capello has praised Rodwell for his showing. Did he shine during the game?

Had a strong showing for England and his stock will have risen again as a result. Think Sir Alex had lost interest but he just might have another look

The ship sailed for Rodwell? We've seen with Rooney, Smalling and Jones that Fergie is prepared to buy young talent.

United Leading the race for Rodwell '' Reportes'

Manchester United to beat Chelsea to £20m midfielder Clean Sheets All Round (Weblog) 13:25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back