Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Seems to be a story that is gathering more momentum what do people think of him?

The more I watch him the more I like he’s very good on the ball uses his body well to protect it and wins a lot of fouls as a result. Cutting in on to his right from the left he’s almost unstoppable at times because he has mastered the skill.

Gets his head up well and picks out passes when he does get past his man.

Has a cracking set of legs on him too there’s a man who isn’t skipping leg day.

He’s captain of villa at a young age in a city where there’s lots of eyes on him and after a few silly moments as a kid seems to have really matured.

My only problem is if Utd consider Rashford a winger then Grealish wouldn’t be a starter as he’s definitely a wide player rather than a number 10 he needs that space you get out wide. We already have 3 players who can ply that position in Rashford, Martial and James.

All in all I’d like to see him in a Utd shirt next season but he isn’t an essential signing for me he’s a luxury but if Villa go down he might just have to be someone you take because you don’t want to miss your chance on him.

I’ve liked him for years. I’ve said it before but I’ve got a bet with someone that he gets 25 England caps. Had that bet in 2016 and had given up on it but now looking like I may have a chance again.

He’s an excellent young player and covers ground without you noticing it. Would love to see us sign him but I do worry he may be a big fish little pond style player especially as it’s his home town team. Can he make the step up and will he have the desire for a team that isn’t Villa.

Certainly a creative force we need and would much prefer this signing to that of Maddison.

Yeah I know what you mean the comfort of being the big fish in the small pond but I think he’s got that edge to his game he’s a showman but it’s a case of can he handle the bigger stage.

The thing I like is he doesn’t just beat you with pace he’s not lightning fast but he’s quick off the mark, has the ball totally under control and he’s clever in the way he uses it he’s not as good but he reminds me of Hazard feels like he could dribble the ball all day and you’d never get it off him.

He’ll surely get called up for the next round of internationals in March.

We already have 3 players who can ply that position in Rashford, Martial and James.
There is probably room for him. Martial will be gone, James in my opinion will be a decent squad player for us as required ( not first choice) and when his pace is needed. Rashford can change between wide and centre. You need to remember we are rebuilding a squad, not just a first eleven. A rotational squad and no player can expect to be an automatic starter in every game. When we are back competing at the top in every competition there is no shortage of games to keep them all happy.

There is probably room for him. Martial will be gone, James in my opinion will be a decent squad player for us as required ( not first choice) and when his pace is needed. Rashford can change between wide and centre. You need to remember we are rebuilding a squad, not just a first eleven. A rotational squad and no player can expect to be an automatic starter in every game. When we are back competing at the top in every competition there is no shortage of games to keep them all happy.

I get that but for me you build the squad by strengthening your starting XI, those that were starting then become subs and those that were subs get sold. I don’t think you ever really try and buy squad players when you are building.

For me the plan for Grealish only works if you want to put Rashford back in the centre and bench Martial I don’t think we should sell Martial but you then have 3 players fighting for 2 starting spots plus James as your cover.

I thought Rashford struggled being in the middle because he’s not great back to goal but at the time he had no service from wide areas Grealish may chance that. Where I think Rashford has enjoyed his best form this season is when he’s able to break from deep positions exploiting space.

I'd absolutely like to see us sign him. He's still young, proven that he can handle the Premier League and can play a number of different positions. Plus he's potentially going to be at a club who get relegated.

I envisage Grealish playing as the left midfielder in a three man midfield.

Could certainly see him being used that way in games where you dominate the ball but don't think you want to give him to much defensive work.

I think Jack could play left, right or down the middle so it makes sense to use his versatility to create space for others and he can assist too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Villa look like they're going down so players like Grealish and McGinn could be available relatively cheap as Villa will need to clear out because they'll be way over the spending caps in the championship and could face points deductions etc.

Villa look like they're going down so players like Grealish and McGinn could be available relatively cheap as Villa will need to clear out because they'll be way over the spending caps in the championship and could face points deductions etc.
I didn't realise there was a spending cap in the championship?

I think JSP might be thinking of the proposed £20 million cap on wages recently proposed but not agreed to. (I have to go find a pound sign and copy 'n' paste it every time I'm quoting your money, just so you know why there is a giant pound sign).

Didn't Grealish say in an interview that he sees himself as a central midfielder? It's so weird that there are so many left-sided midfielders. When I played in high school, there were like 5 right sided midfielders in our team so I relentlessly worked on my left foot "skills" and eventually became the left winger, since there was only 1 person ahead of me! It's all changed now.

I would also think that with Bruno's immediate impact we should be building around him, finding players who will support his buccaneering go-anywhere style. Grealish looks like he relishes playing the same role as Bruno, or have I totally misunderstood what I've seen (very likely)?

Aston Villa are in trouble if they go back down. If they didn’t come up they were getting a points deduction because of overspending it. FFP is a major thing in the championship

They have FFP rules in the championship under the football league.

Villa gambled on promotion willingly broke the rules knowing if they got promoted the football league can’t come for them, they then spent big in the summer if they go back down the football league can come after them again.

Punishment can range from a fine to transfer bans to point deductions.

If Villa go down they’ll need to sell quite a few players to show some willing with the football league.

Looks like he's been a silly boy again
Terrific talent but not much going on between the ears. Days before he posted a video telling everyone to stay home and don’t be stupid. Then he goes and drives around to his friends because they called him. Idiot.

Terrific talent but not much going on between the ears. Days before he posted a video telling everyone to stay home and don’t be stupid. Then he goes and drives around to his friends because they called him. Idiot.
Yes it was proper silly of him but just how big is it in the grand scheme of things. He deserves a bollocking, that's it.
On the talk man utd forum they are reporting he "done a runner before the police came" and suggesting he had been drinking. That's the idiots, proper idiots who like a hanging.
Even the press haven't speculated like that. We are too quick to judge sometimes. this is not something that should ruin the lads football prospects.
Like I say, it's a bollocking and that's it. We sometimes forget that these are young lads we are dealing with and they will not always get things right in life.

Press can’t speculate it because they can’t back it up and lawyers wouldn’t ever let them post it.

It’s definitely suspicious circumstances where had the police arrived on the scene first thing they'd be doing is breathalysing him.

Silly boy made a mistake lucky no one got hurt and he should know better but he’s 24 so he will learn.

According to David Ornstien of the athletic Utd have no interest in Grealish this summer suggesting Utd are focusing on a holding midfielder rather than a creative midfielder

Not saying he’s always spot on but seems to be a more in the know guy when it comes to transfers

If Pogba stays I don't think we'll go midfield

RW defo
Kane if it's anyway possible
Maybe a CB

possible the kid from Birmingham

Can’t see us going for Kane it’s just to expensive

Yeah Pogba staying and signing a new contract might change plans slightly

Top priority has to be right winger Sancho is an absolute must in my opinion but I just don’t see him coming unless we are a CL next season.

Going to be even harder to clear players out now with clubs being skint maybe try and see the geordies Jones, Lingard and Periera now they’ve got Saudi money behind them. Maybe they’d even take Sanchez haha!

I liked the idea of Grealish but the issue is would he start the players we have as starters in his position are Rashford and Bruno so he’d likely be coming as a squad player and I always feel in our current situation we should only buy players that improve our starting XI.

Grealish would be nice but i don't see it as a priority signing. Sancho is priority.
We need to know a bit more about how things are going to pan out with Pogba and Martial before we can determine other requirements.
If Pogba is to stay, with Fred now having established himself, McT's current status in the squad, the impressive re-emergence of Matic and promising prospects such as Garner I fail to see why we would be looking at midfield (in terms of a starter).

If Grealish was to sign I suspect it would be with a view to be predominately left wing.

Regarding Martial, in my mind if a good offer came in for him the club should take it, the guy cant be trusted, lacks consistency and goes missing when the going gets tough. That's when Grealish would then become a priority.

That said, it's all a bit messy for us. Neither I, most of the fans, the players, or our coaching staff can make our minds up between the left and central roles. We have been like that for some time now. I don't think Martial works as our main striker so needs to be playing from the left, but then is Rashford not at his best playing from the left? I think he is a better option than Martial as the central striker?
I expect this will sort itself out next season as i think Ole has been working this conundrum out this season and will make the calls on this.
One thing is for sure, if Martial is to stay the only way the club will get the best of him is to have strong competition for his starting place.

I think this season has proven martial is much better in the middle than out wide and Rashford is the opposite seems much happier out wide.

The only thing I’d say for Rashford in the centre was when he went to the middle when Martial got injured he had zero creativity in the team so he really struggled.

I don’t have full faith in Martial but it’s going to be hard to buy better without blowing your whole budget and if you try to sell him you probably get 50m max and I don’t really see which clubs would by him.

So if we got 2 more quality wide players like Sancho and Grealish I think we could cope with Martial as the CF giving us Rashford/Greenwood as backup maybe keep Ighalo around to have something different. He’d have to take a big pay cut though which will be a problem because he’s on huge money in China.

Maybe you give Martial another year wait for that Haaland release clause to activate at Dortmund.

I think this season has proven martial is much better in the middle than out wide and Rashford is the opposite seems much happier out wide.

The only thing I’d say for Rashford in the centre was when he went to the middle when Martial got injured he had zero creativity in the team so he really struggled.

I don’t have full faith in Martial but it’s going to be hard to buy better without blowing your whole budget and if you try to sell him you probably get 50m max and I don’t really see which clubs would by him.

So if we got 2 more quality wide players like Sancho and Grealish I think we could cope with Martial as the CF giving us Rashford/Greenwood as backup maybe keep Ighalo around to have something different. He’d have to take a big pay cut though which will be a problem because he’s on huge money in China.

Maybe you give Martial another year wait for that Haaland release clause to activate at Dortmund.
Are you hearing yourself? You have just put Rashford on the bench as a squad player. Away to yer bed

I’m unsure how this season has in anyway shown Martial is better than Rashford through the middle? I’d say it’s the complete opposite but Martial has to be accommodated and Rashford is better in both positions than him.

I’m unsure how this season has in anyway shown Martial is better than Rashford through the middle? I’d say it’s the complete opposite but Martial has to be accommodated and Rashford is better in both positions than him.
Is Rashford better through the middle? At times when he’s played up there he has looked lost. He’s so much better when he is getting the ball and running at defenders. Where as his back to goal play isn’t as strong. Not saying Martial is stellar at number 9 but I think the balance of Rashford on the left and Martial up top is perfect if you are playing them both. Flip the positions around and I don’t think we are as near effective.

Is Rashford better through the middle? At times when he’s played up there he has looked lost. He’s so much better when he is getting the ball and running at defenders. Where as his back to goal play isn’t as strong. Not saying Martial is stellar at number 9 but I think the balance of Rashford on the left and Martial up top is perfect if you are playing them both. Flip the positions around and I don’t think we are as near effective.
Cant argue with that, but Martial isn't good enough as an out and out striker and he isnt necessarily better than Rashford in the middle, that just happens to be the best scenarion when both play. So where would Grealish play for us then?

If you're playing them both. If only one is playing and there's a Grealish style player down the left then it's Rashford all day long.

If you're playing them both. If only one is playing and there's a Grealish style player down the left then it's Rashford all day long.
But do you bring in a Grealish to move Rashford central? Like I said its messy situation with no easy fix.

Are you hearing yourself? You have just put Rashford on the bench as a squad player. Away to yer bed

Meant as a backup to Martial in the centre apologies if that wasn’t clear.

Grealish would be on the bench if you don’t play Martial you can put Rashford in the centre and still have a quality creative player on the left of your front 3.

I prefer Rashford wide gives him the space he needs to run at people I think when he goes central he gets starved of space and doesn’t really know what to do. Martial is also a lot better back to goal than Rashford.

Meant as a backup to Martial in the centre apologies if that wasn’t clear.

Grealish would be on the bench if you don’t play Martial you can put Rashford in the centre and still have a quality creative player on the left of your front 3.

I prefer Rashford wide gives him the space he needs to run at people I think when he goes central he gets starved of space and doesn’t really know what to do. Martial is also a lot better back to goal than Rashford.
If you were to comare Martial as a striker against some of the best premiership strikers he comes out no better than a 5/10. That's just not good enough for what we need to get back to the top. He only show's up when the sun's shining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back