Jack Grealish to City

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Lots of talk in recent days that a deal to City is all but done they've apparently decided to freshen up their attacking options the club is willing to listen to offers on Mahrez and Sterling with the intention of letting one of them go.

The player them seem to want to bring in to replace them is Jack Grealish.

Been linked with Utd for a long time but always thought it would be a struggle to fit him into our side but he needs to move on to a top club now that is challenging for titles.

I'd love to see Grealish at Utd but we've got other areas that need addressing first so he might be one we miss out on.

With every league skint, who is going to buy Sterling?

They might buy Grealish, but it's going to be difficult for prem clubs to move elite players on. Same as Pogba, I think he'll wait and go on a free.

The only way we should go for Grealish is if Pogba goes.

I'm guessing they'd be hoping that another PL club might be interested in Sterling maybe Arsenal or Spurs but would he go there? Can't see many foreign clubs going for Sterling. Maybe PSG might fancy Mahrez? Again probably hoping a PL club might fancy him. I don't think City will be expecting to get £100m for them maybe they'd even take half that for either but I think a lot of PL clubs could do with a player of their quality. I think the one who's more likely to go is Sterling.

I mean Utd are crying out for a player like Mahrez but we've probably missed the boat a bit with him the time to get him was when he left Leicester.

Even in the PL apart from the clubs that made the CL it's hard to see any of the other clubs being stacked with cash this summer either.

This would be a travesty for the rest of the league. Grealish is a special player and if he goes to City he's going to be one of the best in the world I think.

While I wouldn't go quite as far as @RichH2016, I agree that he's got the potential to be quite special. I remember hearing/reading that he had the most passes into the box of a midfielder this season (or at a point later in the season, perhaps when he got injured). That's exactly what we need if we're going to break down these low blocks we're going to see more and more of. I think he'd also give Bruno someone to play off of, and stop defences from just chaining someone to him and cutting out attack off at the source.

Grealish would cause problems for Pogba, and certainly mean the end of VdB so it's complicated, but if it's doable, we should be all over this.

For me he's a player I'd like to have but we don't need to have him if Rashford and Pogba are staying.

I think he's a fantastic player and putting better players around him will help him but he won't get anything like the number of touches in a City team as he does at Villa.

he wont get the number of games either, with Peps love of rotation

He would in our side...which is probably very telling.

Would he? If Rashford, Pogba and Bruno are all fit does Grealish start every game?

We desperately need a player of Grealish quality but he needs to be that quality on the right hand side.

As stupid as it sounds if City are willing to sell Mahrez he’d be a great signing for us.

Yeah, I was specifically thinking about touches. As for game time, something like:

Rashford - Cavani - RW?
Grealish - Bruno
DM

The Pogba thing is a rather large complication, granted.

So you want to give Bruno more defensive responsibility?

He’s a number 10 same as Rooney basically a second striker you want him playing higher up the pitch with the freedom to go where he wants to create chances.

No, I've got a Kante/Makelele type (don't ask me from where) who can sit while Bruno and Grealish go forward.

Savic? I read a lot of stuff about Niguez coming, so much I wondered if it had traction

Think the stuff about Niguez is rumours Atlético are open to offers on him as they don’t think he’s kicked on to the world class player his early promise suggested he might become.

Haven’t heard a sniff about Savic since 2018 when Lazio were pushing him for 100m think he’s been off the table for us since Bruno arrived as both are very attacking players that would be tricky fit together.

For me he's a player I'd like to have but we don't need to have him if Rashford and Pogba are staying.

I think he's a fantastic player and putting better players around him will help him but he won't get anything like the number of touches in a City team as he does at Villa.
Get him and send Pogba on his way.

Think the stuff about Niguez is rumours Atlético are open to offers on him as they don’t think he’s kicked on to the world class player his early promise suggested he might become.

Haven’t heard a sniff about Savic since 2018 when Lazio were pushing him for 100m think he’s been off the table for us since Bruno arrived as both are very attacking players that would be tricky fit together.
Going to Bayern according to Marca - 68m

Strange signing for Bayern given the players they already have and the fee involved if they were going to buy this summer I thought they'd be trying to get some more wide options rather than centre mids.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just been listening to this on Talksport, the Emi Buendia signing points out this is a distinct possibility

Mad that he’s going for that much money but he’s a very good player not surprised they are going for him.

Utd have got a huge job on their hands to catch up.

City's bottomless money pit will strike again, what happens when they sign Harry Kane for £150m ? Assume financial fair play has just been sacked off now ?

City's bottomless money pit will strike again, what happens when they sign Harry Kane for £150m ? Assume financial fair play has just been sacked off now ?

It’s still a thing but it’s much easier for them to comply with it now as they can legitimately claim the value of the sponsorship revenues from their owners.

The rules have been slightly relaxed due to Covid as well but feels like they’re on the way out.

If they sign Grealish I don’t think they’ll be going for Kane as well and I’m guessing they’ll sell either Sterling or Mahrez. Seems to be a lot of talk about Sterling moving on.

Mad that he’s going for that much money but he’s a very good player not surprised they are going for him.

Utd have got a huge job on their hands to catch up.
Agreed. Good player but not £100m player.

It’s still a thing but it’s much easier for them to comply with it now as they can legitimately claim the value of the sponsorship revenues from their owners.
Which is ridiculous.

If Grealish goes to city then it's hard to see any United or any team can take the title from them. If they then add a CF too then that's the league definitely done.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back