• Schalke v Manchester City
  • Atlético Madrid v Juventus
  • Manchester United v PSG
  • Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
  • Lyon v FC Barcelona
  • AS Roma v Porto
  • Ajax v Real Madrid
  • Liverpool v Bayern Munich

AH, yeah I just posted another thread. Mbappe in particular, with his pace is going to be a real problem for our back 4. They must be chuffed at their by into the next round.

It’s actually one of the more favourable draws. Come then they’ll have tied the league up and it won’t be easy to get yourself up for a game when you’ve mentally switched off in the league.

I’d have taken them over most options we had.

There was easier teams to play but it doesn't really matter does it, we're not expecting to beat any of them anymore.

I wonder if we will have a new CB by then? Or a new manager lol

I’m happy. I get the opportunity to see two brilliant footballers in the flesh.

They've got no midfield but that front line is terrifying maybe Pogba & Sanchez can use it as an auditions for summer moves.

Lots can change in 2 months who knows where things will be but feels like the end of the road for us can't see us beating them over 2 legs I'd be amazed if we got anything other than 2 defeats.

They've got no midfield but that front line is terrifying maybe Pogba & Sanchez can use it as an auditions for summer moves.

Lots can change in 2 months who knows where things will be but feels like the end of the road for us can't see us beating them over 2 legs I'd be amazed if we got anything other than 2 defeats.

Rabiot and Verratti isn’t the worst of midfields

I don't like to be negative but lets be honest, we've got no chance. The absolute earliest we will be looking at another Champions League tie will be Sept 2020. Happy Xmas!

Some run of games in Feb/March

PSG
Liverpool
Palace (A)
Southampton
PSG (A)
Arsenal (A)
City

Already looking forward to being depressed in March!

Rabiot and Verratti isn’t the worst of midfields

Neither are Fred, Matic & Pogba if they actually played in a system that suited them and in form any of those 3 could get in that PSG midfield.

They're playing Marquinos as a holding midfielder because they spunked all the money on the forwards so couldn't afford Fabinho last summer.

Will Rabiot still be there by the time of this game or will they cash in on him in January with his contract situation?

Some run of games in Feb/March

PSG
Liverpool
Palace (A)
Southampton
PSG (A)
Arsenal (A)
City

Already looking forward to being depressed in March!

My little boy is due to be born in march, the only thing Im looking forward to !

The French league is a joke. PSG are gonna run out comfortable winners every year because of their owners and as the smaller French clubs have to sell their best players because really talented players simply outgrow the league. Not saying PSG don’t have a great team but I take most results they have with a pinch of salt especially against the bottom club in the league.

This is why I wonder why players go to PSG, the CL is basically their only competetive football. Players who go there go for the money, no other reason.

such a shame Mbappe went there, then again, it is nice to see Neymar be pissed off at the fact he isnt the player at his club ....again

This is why I wonder why players go to PSG, the CL is basically their only competetive football. Players who go there go for the money, no other reason.
Yep that’s it, money money.

To be honest even without all their money then they would probably still be one of the best French teams and winning leagues but the money has attracted the big players, Neymar wouldn't have signed for PSG in a million years without the owners coming in.

You'd hope that Mbappe is there for a short time not a long time. I think it was a clever move at the time it was a step up from Monaco but not going straight into Madrid to be the superstar and to an extent live in Neymar's shadow a bit for a year or two. Also, he's a Paris boy so maybe he wanted to deliver some success to his home town club. We all know why players go there.

They have totally ruined the French league as a competition which can't be good long term but quite a lot of leagues now are dominated by one team and post 2022 how interested will the Qatar owners be?

Beating them over 2 legs will be a big task for us but the only shining light is they've shown that put under pressure they turn on each other and fold if we could get them on the ropes we could score a few quick fire goals against them. The key thing is make sure the tie isn't over after the first leg if we could go to PSG with a 1-0 or 0-0 that would be great because then all the pressure is on them in terms of away goals.

I don't see it happening I think their attackers will kill us down the flanks

@jsp, Im feeling similar with that they will have so much quality down the wings we just wont be able to keep them out. I'll be happy as Larry if we get past them.

@jsp, Im feeling similar with that they will have so much quality down the wings we just wont be able to keep them out. I'll be happy as Larry if we get past them.

The thought of Neymar and Mbappe going at Young/Shaw is terrifying and also in Cavani they have exactly the type of striker than Lindelöf struggles to deal with.

It’ll be a real test of Solskjaers potential future pedigree, we now know he can set his team up to attack but can he have that tactical nous to identify the PSG strengths and stifle them. We are clear second favourites but if we can get passed them then Solskjaer has to be hotly considered for the full time job.

I'm not sure it is a true test of Ole, he doesn't really have the defence to cope with those.

I think he's shown he should get the job, 7 of 7 is pretty decent considering how they were before. Do we want to spend 50m on getting Poch or spend that on a player. I think as long as Phelan stays they are showing they are capable. But they must invest in the defence.

As for PSG, they do blow a bit hot and cold, in Ligue one they vould be awful and still win, like JSP says, if we start quick and grab a goal or two it's anyones game. Unlikely granted.

Verratti is out I think.

I think it's hard to really judge Solskjear's credentials with that defence no matter what anyone says that defence has got serious problems that need addressing with new players as the ones we have make to many mistakes.

I just don't see how we can win a tight cagey affair against them as over 180 minutes with that quality we are going to do really well to limit them to 3 goals so we have to come up with a plan to score 4 or 5 over the 2 legs which is a big ask but it can be done.

I think that first half at old Trafford is huge we almost need to do what Liverpool did vs City last year and completely rattle them with a couple of quick goals, that's the tactic I think he'll go for.

yeah, he can't go for anything else really, it's try and outscore them and hope De Gea is majestic again.

They have totally ruined the French league as a competition which can't be good long term but quite a lot of leagues now are dominated by one team and post 2022 how interested will the Qatar owners be?

Isn't this what Juventus have done in th Italian league though?

lets be honest, the French league has never been quality.

It goes on, Chelsea did it, then City and even Blackburn at one point. The problem for the French is, if you're a player you would pick Inter or Milan over Bordeaux. The league is a bit of a joke in my book.

Isn't this what Juventus have done in th Italian league though?

Yeah but Juventus dominated that league in the 90's and historically you'd get the odd team challenge them and nick one of them but they seemed to win the league most years.... probably because they were match fixing.

The recent monopoly is because they are a great team but they have been pushed to a lot of those title wins by Napoli or Roma, PSG are running away with that league nearly every year to the point where it's not even a competition. There's teams in that league who can to an extent run them close and force them to be brilliant and punish them when they slip up where as PSG are just a million miles ahead of everyone. Monaco's win was nothing short of a miracle that teams they managed to put together that season was crazy reminded me a bit of Kiev in 99 as quickly as it emerged it was broken up by the richer clubs.

The French league I don't think has ever really been dominated in this way maybe Lyon in the 00's when they had a decent run but until PSG came along it was kind of being passed around a few teams which made it interesting.

Looking like Neymar and Verraiti will miss the first leg

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back