Italy's Cannavaro Signs for Al Ahli of Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggy

First it was the MLS now it's the Emirates. With the kind of money being splashed by these oil rich nation, i wont be surprised to see some more world class players head out there.

Quincy Owusu Abeyie formerly of Pompey just moved to the gulf for a reportedly $8 mil and is said to be making $90K a week, Alfonso fomerly of Milddlebrough is making about $60K and Aruna Dindane also signed on. What is going on in the Gulf ?
Damn, i should have paid attention in gym class.

The funny thing is that I would watch a powerful MLS. Compared to the Middle East, Americans play an ok football/soccer that is pleasant to watch, they have a good national team and the stadiums (from what I saw) are full of supporters. The market is huge and could bring a lot of money to the already rich US football/soccer clubs.

Not surprised by this, he's 36, might aswell earn a load of money playing in an easy league in hot weather before he retires...oh wait, he's been earning a load of money playing in an easy league in hot weather for years.

Perfect place for Afonso Alves though...the lazy prick. Didn't realise he was out there now.

Wigan's Melchiot has also joined a club in the Emirates on a 3 yr deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back