Issa Diop

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Round 55 of the ‘we’ll link every player to United’ game.

Another could have had him last season at 1/3 of that price.

He was decent last year, he would obviously be better than the dross weve got, which isnt saying much really.

Susan Boyle would be better

I think if we adopt the attitude that anybody is better than the dross we have got then we are going to be in trouble. I fully agree that we need a top quality centre half to improve our defence, and maybe the remaining central defenders we already have. Not sure exactly how good diop is but is it a real upgrade to buy say Lewis dunk on smalling. Personally I don't think so.

Didn’t watch him every week but from what I saw he’s as good as Smalling and better than Bailly, Jones & Rojo because he actually stays fit.

This rebuild will come in stages we won’t be catapulting straight back to the top.

First we need a team good enough to consistently finish top 4 then you add the pieces to go for the title and the guys you buy in the first round of buys who get replaced become squad players.

I don’t see this one happening anyway unless he has a buyout clause in his deal West Ham will price him out of a move.

What’s mental is I posted this yesterday around lunch time and by tea time there’s a rumour that we are in for him

“Apparently one of the roles of the technical director is going to be to sort this out and maximise the potential of this vast network because currently it's not exactly unearthing any gems. Mourinho was quick to dig them out last season after the West Ham game when Diop had a great game he cost them £20m from France that summer and had a good first season yet apparently wasn't on any scouting report list at Utd.”

Are we being watched? Haha

Honestly if we make this move it tells you everything about this club. There's no real change in direction or approach. It's still Woodward doing what he does best. Messing things up. Baulking at fees for certain players but overpaying for others.

I think it’s disheartening that we have all these links but not much action. We need to become more efficient in the market and identify players and get it done quick sharp. City are renowned for doing things with minimum of time and fuss.

Obviously I take those Sky Sources links with a pinch of salt as they are usually just rubbish. But the uncertainty over Lukaku, Pogba, De Gea and no sign of players coming in apart from James does leave fans frustrated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Someone’s agent has been a busy boy today

I don’t really get the links to guys guy. If we are insisting on playing out from the back, this guy isn’t particularly the answer unless he had someone like Maguire next to him but we’re not gonna buy both. My only interest in this deal is if we give them Jones and Darmian as part of the deal.

I don’t really get the links to guys guy. If we are insisting on playing out from the back, this guy isn’t particularly the answer unless he had someone like Maguire next to him but we’re not gonna buy both. My only interest in this deal is if we give them Jones and Darmian as part of the deal.

I think they're looking for a commanding centre back to partner Lindelöf who they see as the number 1 but I think they recognise they need a more aggressive front foot centre back especially one who can command in the air where Lindelöf is weak.

Can't say I've seen enough of Diop to say what he's like I know he's highly rated back in France played in all their youth teams etc.

Sounds to me like a busy agent trying to see what's out there for him.

Just feel like this is a knee jerk reaction because we can't get the guy we want. I didn't hear too much about Diop last year so feels like it's come out of nowhere. Which seems in keeping with our transfer strategy under Woodward.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back