Is our star fading?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
just spent 10 days in Cyprus and on my various ventures around towns you go past the market stalls selling the knock off football shirts.

One thing that alarms me is not seen a single Utd shirt seen plenty of City and a few Liverpool mixed in with Madrid, Barca, Juve, PSG etc.

Days gone by the Utd shirt would be front and centre on display outside.

Now if Woodward wants an accurate account of where we stand that is my measure are Utd losing the next generation of fans?

Just saying it’s a little thing you notice could be the new kit means the knock offs have yet to arrive but Utd knock offs were always visible the world over in tourist areas when I was growing up.

Visited tourist towns in both northern and southern Cyprus and not a Utd shirt to be seen.

All the kids running around the hotel I’m staying at are in Barca and Madrid kits few Juventus kits now and these kids aren’t Spanish or Italian.

Utd grew an empire on the back of a worldwide fan base my worry if I was Utd would be are they engaging that next generation of fans to become Utd fans or are we risking being left behind. Kids don’t care about history they care about now so I think it’s vital the club puts together a team that excites fans.

The point is if the club want to keep going on like they’re the biggest club in the world then very soon they need to put a league title or CL title in the trophy cabinet again because we are in a drought now not seen for over 25 years.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back