Is Berbatov right for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisistheone

My 1st post here! And a subject that always stokes up a heated debate between me and my mates.
Note, this is not a Berba bashing thread, he's obviously a top player, but is he a good 'fit' for Utd right now?
I'm of the view that, although extremely talented, he's not what we need. Berba gets more than his fair share of stick from the fans but this is my honest opinion. He slows us down, makes us static and easier to defend against. Utd forwards should be all about pace and high tempo. Thoughts?

Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo! What a strike force that was. Even Rooney, Nani and Valencia (goal at the Emirates last season was my favourite goal of 2010) is quality. Players with serious pace and high tempo. I'm glad you brought up Teddy cos he's the closest thing we've had to Berba in the past. And Sheringham was a massive success! PFA Player of the year back in 2001 or 2002 I think it was. There's definitely room in the Utd team for 'slower' players who can unlock stubborn teams who sit deep, so why was Sheringham such a success and Berba such a controversial figure with supporters, was Teddy better? Or simply in a better team maybe!

He's a good fit I just wish he could be more consistent and his constant moaning can get on my nerves

In some ways i agree se7en his moaning just recently isn't helping himself or the team,i must admit (in fact glad too)that i'm a berba fan,the fast play of cole ,yorke was great but lets have it right brains can be faster than feet and last season the understanding with berba and valencia created a lot of goals for rooney and even though valencia got a lot of credit for the final ball it was berbas ball before that gave valencia the time and room.........it's not berbas fault he has been played as the sole attacker which makes him look slower........all united fans should get behind not just berba but even the others they are not keen on ,this is a team game.......and we was,are and always will be a great team !!!!!!

Someone on another thread pointed out that Berbatov has not been scoring since Wayne got injured. Might be something to that. I think defenders put two players on Rooney during matches, especially outside the box, which leaves Berbatov and another player from midfield, like Scholes, Nani or Fletcher to ghost into the box.

I like Berbatov, but his moaning is much. Ronaldo used to moan all the time, but he had the goals and assists regularly... He is World Class, and I say that with great confidence... Just dont want him to go much longer without a goal, because his confidence will go down the tubes...

Maybe the Rooney thing is true, and berba needs him back but I've seen some worrying stats " Without a goal since completing his hat-trick against Liverpool in the middle of September, Berbatov is further damned for only delivering two goals against top-half teams in the last two seasons. "

Add to that no goals in the champions league for two years.

Yeah it was me who pointed that out, when Rooney was playing earlier in the season he was playing deeper than Berba. Since it's been Berba and Chicha, Berba has been deeper, that's what I was saying. I agree with what you said though Nick.

Thisistheone: To be fair to Berba, he's rarely started in the CL since joining. And against top teams it's been the same as Rooney has played upfront alone.

True! He hasn't started all the games, but he has been involved in a fair chunk. Either way, for the most expensive signing in the history of the club, I want more.

That is his main problem, more is expected of him due to his price tag, not sure whether it's fair or not but it's an obvious problem.

The price tag irks me. All my mates who support other teams take the piss about it, calling him Berba Flop etc etc. Spurs did good business out of it

He is a brilliant player, but his main problem is his attitude when things go against him. He should learn from rooney. Get angry as hell and give the extra effort instead of giving up

he's certainly improved a lot from the last few seasons. His contributions have been underestimated really, even when he doesn't score, he certainly plays a part in the build up usually..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back