Inter prepared to sell Perisic

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Report: Inter ready to offload £31m Perisic to Man Utd - Football365

This ticks so many boxes for another stupid Utd signing.

About to hit 30. Tick
Best years probably behind him. Tick
Looking for that last mega contract. Tick
Club looking to cash in on depreciating asset. Tick
Wants to play on the left of a front 3. Tick

The Perisic signing made sense when it first came around but the window for that deal I think has passed.

Would much rather take Milan Skriniar or Mauro Icardi, but like you say Inter looking to cash in at the right time on Perisic - would not be surprised if we signed him

Why would we need him? We have Martial there, Sanchez plays there otherwise, Rashford failing that. We need a bloody RIGHT forward who can cross a ball not another left.

If we buy Peresic it will just show what a mess Utd is in. I can't see it really happening though.

We need a left footer not another right footer I think is the issue even though I think Perisic is pretty two footed.

Perisic is a fine player that I really like and had we got him when we were in for him I think he'd have been a huge success here but I think the ship has sailed with Sanchez coming in. The only logic for Perisic is if both Sanchez & Martial are sold which could happen if Martial refuses to sign a new deal and we got an offer for Sanchez from a club he was willing to join.

That said in the scenario where Sanchez & Martial are both gone I'd rather see the club spend a bit more and buy someone at 22/23 who is ready to hit the big time rather than a guy who's about to hit 30 and will start to decline.

I think the Perisic deal has passed for us.

But, if the Martial rumours are true, then maybe we need someone, he's just creeping up in age for me. I'm not exactly a fan either to be honest.

I think Martial will sign he's just biding his time because every week that passes he can justify asking for more in comparison to Sanchez because he's keeping our top earner out of the team. I don't think the top clubs would go for him anyway and they certainly wouldn't offer what Utd are likely to be offering in wages so I think they will come to an agreement soon.

Perisic is a player who relies a lot on his physical attributes so he's going to slow down and need to adapt his game which won't suit what this team needs.

If clubs could get Martial on a free they will absolutely blow us out of the water in terms of what we’re willing to offer.

It’ll also work against him not signing soon too. Because say we give him a £40k pay rise. By delaying and making us trigger his extension he’s losing £2m over the next year. It’s. It in his interest to allow that to happen.

And as for De Gea where will he realistically go? If winning Serie A or Ligue Un really an achievement he cares about? May as well go win the Scottish league.

And as for De Gea where will he realistically go? If winning Serie A or Ligue Un really an achievement he cares about? May as well go win the Scottish league.

Not sure 3rd of 5th highest ranked league by UEFA is really comparable to a league where the winner doesn't even get in the CL group stage but my guess is at this point it probably does because it also gives him a much more realistic change of winning the Champions League something he's never got close to winning with his current club. Think his best CL season was the 1/4 finals under Moyes.

If clubs could get Martial on a free they will absolutely blow us out of the water in terms of what we’re willing to offer.

I'm not sure this is totally true as clubs won't want to blow out their wage bill on a player like Martial and Utd aren't going to let him go on a free if he won't sign he'll be sold next summer even if it was for a much reduced fee.

I think clubs are wise to these bosman deals now yes you'll get a fat signing on bonus but in terms of weekly wage the top clubs are wise to over-paying because they know it creates problems in a squad just look at us with Sanchez. I think that's why City got cold feet because at the time they were negotiating new deals with all their big name players if you bring in a guy on a basic of £350k plus bonuses that can take him up to £500k a week if you believe reports negotiating those contracts becomes much more difficult.

This is where Utd have gone wrong the top earners at Utd traditionally were players who served the club and earned that position of top dog based on performances at Utd Keane, Beckham, Ronaldo, Rooney now new boys come in as top dog which probably isn't great for the dressing room especially if they don't deliver straight away.

Not sure 3rd of 5th highest ranked league by UEFA is really comparable to a league where the winner doesn't even get in the CL group stage.

Juventus are going for their 8th title in a row. PSG there 6th in the last 7th seasons. Winning either title isn’t an achievement if it’s with those clubs you’re winning it with.

If he wanted to win the champions league he should have forced a move to Madrid through. Juve are an aging side and I don’t remember PSG ever getting close? They don’t even look like getting through their group at the moment.

Whilst both are better clubs than us at the moment I don’t think either are clubs you go to to prove yourself. Ronaldo is treating Juventus as a semi retirement like Rooney is America. Neymar went to PSG with the intention of it being a bridge between Barca and Madrid.

Juventus do have an ageing team but they also hoover up a lot of young talent and put them out on loan until they're ready to bring them back and I imagine at this point he probably doesn't care if it's easy. Juventus are being pushed hard for those titles as well think they've had 2 record breaking years but apart from the PL most leagues are now dominated by one club. In Spain Barca must have won 7 out of the last 10 only Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid twice I can think have beaten them to the league.

PSG are a bit of a joke in Europe I personally don't think he'd go there it seems like a complete mess because of the whole Neymar situation but if he had the chance to go to Juventus he'd be mad not to take it.

I don't think he needs to prove himself I think he wants to win put some trophies in the cabinet and all that if Utd could realistically offer him that I think he'd stay but we can't and the last 5 years prove that. Once again he will earn a lot more money staying at Utd than he would by moving as neither of these clubs are going to put him up with their top earners as they don't need a world class keeper as they have a decent defence.

This is a wider issue of the club currently players I don't think are desperate to join us in our pursuit of glory they want to come because of the wages on offer along with the prestige of the club which boosts your own sponsorship deals.

Well no matter what happens at Utd we wont be winning the league in the next few years at least and that puts the CL way out further than that. If he wants to win a title Juve is the way to go and who could blame him?

If we were to get a new structure and new manager I imagine he'd sign. We need to show to the players we want to keep that we have ambition and direction.

The club seems to be just drifting along. We need to show everyone we are commited to improving our playing style and our ambition.

Same old point, we need drastic changes. For the first time I can remember, I don't feel like we can turn this around. I think we'll lose players, drop down the league and have a long slog back.

We have done what everyone warned about, and followed Liverpools bad example of no forward plan and throw money around. The white FA cup suits springs to mind.

Exactly, it's taken Liverpool over 25 years to pull it back and it's only since Klopp has been there with the owners to get it back on track. I'm hoping to god that it doesn't take us so long.

The latest reports are everything structure wise is on hold until they have certainty over the future of Mourinho which probably means they're either worried that he will get offered a better job and leave or they know if they fail to make top 4 he will be sacked.

If Mourinho makes top 4 and stays which I think is their ideal plan they are prepared to let him have his say on the appointment which apparently is a guy who used to be at Monaco called Campos. If he's not going to be staying they will look to appoint someone they like and let that person select the new manager as normally you want for director of football to be picking a manager that fits his plan.

I think the club have realised the current structure has failed it's been an expensive flop both on and off the pitch it needs to be changed because pretty much all the money invested in management/players post Fergie has been wasted as they're almost at the start from scratch point. Fortunes spent on a squad that year on year declines in value and results on the pitch don't improve as business men they probably realise they've made expensive mistakes that need to be rectified if they want to protect that share price.

Apparently under LVG United had a complete restructure of the scouting department as the Fergie network went with him and Moyes was shocked at how poorly managed this department was. They employed something like 60 scouts who work directly for the club and these are the people Woodward listens to the issue is the scout recommendations don't always tally with Mourinho's recommendations because the scouts tend to focus on younger players the club can develop and potentially sell on. Mourinho on the other hand wants players who can deliver now.

I doubt Perisic is the sort of signing that appeals to Woodward, the scouts and the board given his age etc it's more likely that they'll be recommending younger players who might cost a bit more and will need time to develop.

This is why Liverpool right now are functioning so well because all the pieces are working together it's the same at City and to some extent Spurs and Arsenal. Utd still feels like it's split.

The latest reports are everything structure wise is on hold until they have certainty over the future of Mourinho which probably means they're either worried that he will get offered a better job and leave or they know if they fail to make top 4 he will be sacked.

Who would want to offer Jose a job after this mess at Utd while he is still there? Maybe Inter would have him I'd guess. Can't see too many other options for him. Accrinton Stanley?

Mourinho has a proven track record he won't be short of job offers when he leaves United. He goes to places they win titles. That's how Mourinho works. The only place he hasn't is United. You could rephrase the question as 'Who would want the United job after the mess of it they made with Mourinho.' Because his recent history is better than ours. We would become the anomoly. Whereas with United that isn't the case.

The same way it was mentioned above that we're no longer attracting players for anything but money I feel the same issue could arise next time it's time to get a manager. If a manager is serious about winning trophies in the right now, Poch for example would be best off staying where he is.

Who would want to offer Jose a job after this mess at Utd while he is still there? Maybe Inter would have him I'd guess. Can't see too many other options for him. Accrinton Stanley?

He's not got a lot of options but Madrid does remain a realistic option for him if Solari doesn't work he's got a great relationship with the president but politically he'd be a tough sell for Perez as he did split fans while he was there. Other than that is off field reputation and salary rule him out of most other top jobs. Inter is an option for him but can't see them sacking Spaletti plus having left them after winning the treble I'm not sure he'd fancy going back as he knows toppling Juventus will be very tough.

The only other option could be PSG if they flop in CL will they lose patience with Tuchel and go down the Mourinho route? Given the negative PR they currently face with FFP/Neymar not sure adding Mourinho into that mix will be a bright idea.

To me it's a decision that Utd will have to take if we don't get CL football will they allow him another season to get it right or will they bite the bullet. My guess is he would be sacked because no CL will only make the rifts within the club/fanbase worse than they currently are if he can get the team to rally and finish the season strong top 4 and FA cup might save him.

As for the structural stuff really the club need a team of football people to run that side of the club not 1 director of football. Modern clubs are run by committee not 1 man it's why they can handle change better than we can.

Mourinho has a proven track record he won't be short of job offers when he leaves United. He goes to places they win titles. That's how Mourinho works. The only place he hasn't is United. You could rephrase the question as 'Who would want the United job after the mess of it they made with Mourinho.' Because his recent history is better than ours. We would become the anomoly. Whereas with United that isn't the case.

The same way it was mentioned above that we're no longer attracting players for anything but money I feel the same issue could arise next time it's time to get a manager. If a manager is serious about winning trophies in the right now, Poch for example would be best off staying where he is.

I agree, attracting managers and players of real quality will be difficult. it doesn't matter that we are Man Utd, big revenues etc. It's clear the football has fallen down the pecking order at the club. And players and managers are in it for the football, not the advertising revenues.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back