Inaki Williams

Sideshow Bob

Translation: It goes EVERYTHING for IÑAKI WILLIAMS. They are willing to pay their CLAUSE of 88 MILLION EUROS before tomorrow the market closes in England.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don’t really know much about him to be honest, other than that he’s absolutely rapid. Would imagine it’s too late to do anything but suppose if we met a release clause just got to agree with the player. However, just 9 hours to go.

I dont know anything about him, but I saw his goal return which isn't great

crazy to think we are paying more for him than we are getting for Lukaku

This one feels like a nonsense from the start and with 5 hours to go we'd know if there were any kind of discussions.

It's Athletic Bilbao so it's release clause or nothing we've been here before so we know how to do the deals but feels to late and like you say his release clause doesn't really tally to his ability.

I can't imagine we were ever interested, the fee and the player just didn't fit our model.

I can't imagine we were ever interested, the fee and the player just didn't fit our model.

Young player who's very quick seems to fit with the type of player are targeting but it felt like a lazy last day of the window link rather than anything to serious probably got a website a few clicks.

Don't doubt for a minute that Utd have done some scouting on this guy in recent seasons but the numbers required to do the deal are crazy he'd cost more than Pepe cost Arsenal for example similar to Zaha who's doing it in the PL so would be less risk, that's before he signed this deal.

Key thing here is his release clause has gone up as well think it's now 125m euro and with Atletico that is the price there's no negotiating with them, unless he suddenly goes to another level can't really see clubs going for him at that price as his goal scoring stats aren't outstanding but he's not playing in a great side.

I wouldn't say 25 was young. His goal return is pretty poor, and he's not English. I get the impression to go outside English, under 25 they would have to be a bit more special.

I think there is no way we were interested at 80 odd million. I think our plan was always to use Greenwood, Martial and Rashford. It was fake news to get a new deal. If a club like United went in for him no way would he sign a 8 year deal or whatever it was.

You say a club like United. Atlético are miles ahead of us in the football world at the moment.

Young player who's very quick seems to fit with the type of player are targeting but it felt like a lazy last day of the window link rather than anything to serious probably got a website a few clicks.
Yeah I mean to me a deal of that size takes time to negotiate etc so that last day panic never seemed like a real link.

Oh my mistake. Whenever I see Atlétic I automatically go to Atlético Madrid.

Yes I’d agree we’re bigger than them. I also don’t think we were ever interested. A 9 year deal seems strange on the players behalf.

yeah, I think JSP's use of Atletico was a bit confusing. I did have to check after he wrote that, as I thought it was Bilbao :)

9 years give a player a lot of security and if he's on a good salary it's probably a very big contract.

Could be that he just loves the Basque country I'm sure if you've got a lot of money it's a lovely place to live.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back